Saturday April 26th TS Outlaw Race/sled pull date

Kurt -- you reserved ur room at the Ramada?? Did ya shop around or just pick that one??

Blue01F250 said:
Kurt -- you reserved ur room at the Ramada?? Did ya shop around or just pick that one??

I just picked it off the link from the beech bend website. There are a bunch of hotels close by. The ramada wasn't necessarily the cheapest but it was closer to the bottom of the price list than quite a few others I looked at. That and I saw quite a few posts on here from people that were booking there. That's how I justified it anyways. BTW I see strokerX is thinking about coming to this deal, are you in for sure yet or not Brant?

JFlagg said:
After reading this whole thread, I'm half tempted to tell the boss I'm not coming in on Friday and bringing the camper down....Just need to talk the old lady into coming now.

You need to! :rockwoot:

Here is the 8500 lb Open Class rules :

8500 LB OPEN DIESEL TRUCK

1. Trucks may be hauled to pull.
2. Truck doesn’t have to be licensed.
3. Staged Turbos are permitted.
4. Nitrous and/or Propane are permitted.
5. Water\Methanol Injection permitted.
6. All Computer Chips and Boxes are permitted.
7. No Studded Tires or Tire Chains.
8. Hanging Weights / Weight Racks are permitted, NO weights in cab of truck.
9. Driver must provide Clevis minimum 3 ½ “.
10. The point of hook must be at least 48 inches from the centerline of the rear axle. Height from ground must not exceed 26 ”. Minimum 3 1/2-inch diameter for sled hook.
11. Trucks with manual transmissions, running in excess of 4000 rpms must run a scatter proof blanket on the bellhousing.
12. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT ALL TRULY “OPEN” TRUCKS HAVE SAFETY EQUIPMENT (FUEL SHUT OFFS, KILL SWITCHES, SCATTER BLANKETS, FIRE EXTIGUSHER, DRIVE LINE LOOPS , ETC.)

shu873 said:
I just picked it off the link from the beech bend website. There are a bunch of hotels close by. The ramada wasn't necessarily the cheapest but it was closer to the bottom of the price list than quite a few others I looked at. That and I saw quite a few posts on here from people that were booking there. That's how I justified it anyways. BTW I see strokerX is thinking about coming to this deal, are you in for sure yet or not Brant?

Ah, gotcha -- yah, Joe is thinking about going with Me and our family and we're trying to get Kornfed and his wife to go, but she's pregnant, and they're tryin to save money (we've offered to haul them there and back though :) )

We're prolly gonna head to Bowling Green instead of DFW.

yeah, BG is way on the top of the must do list now, just waiting for the Hotel thread to get set in stone and then start getting things lined up!!!

anyone say Convoy?

JFlagg said:
After reading this whole thread, I'm half tempted to tell the boss I'm not coming in on Friday and bringing the camper down....Just need to talk the old lady into coming now.

heck i'm telling the boss i won't be in thursday or friday and production monday might be limited to a min.

You guys must be mind readers. Ramada is giving us the best rates, therefore they are the official hotel.

Here is what we've got...

2008 TS EVENT HOTELS - Must mention TS Event

BAYMONT INN - 270-843-3200 $89.00

HAMPTON INN 270-842-4100 $99.00

HOMETOWN SUITES 270-846-3311 $89.00

RAMADA INN 270-781-3000 $65.00
ASK FOR TS DIESEL EVENT SPECIAL

CANDLEWOOD SUITES 270-843-5505 $89.00

Microtel 270-745-9922 $58.45 (Dble room)

Days Inn - 270-781-6470 $76.65 (Dble room)

If these are full there are other area hotels.
Best Western - 270-782-3800
Red Roof Inn - 270-781-6550
Quality Inn - 270-846-4588
Sleep Inn - 270-842-3800
Hilton Garden Inn - 270-781-6998
Holiday Inn University Plaza - 270-782-7751

Sheila Perry

Last edited:
RAMADA INN 270-781-3000 $65.00
ASK FOR TS DIESEL EVENT SPECIAL

room reserved, :woohoo: look for the striped beast @ Ramada inn!!!!!

:rockwoot: I already had my reservation, but just called the ramada to make sure I was booked on the "official" rate, which was $10 cheaper a night then when I booked. I'm gettin' juiced for the trip already!!!

Got my reservations changed at the Ramada to the lower rate. Cant wait, its going to be freakin' awesome!!!