Smarty UDC Initial Impressions

Those 3 you mention can be measured with a Ultra gauge. My preference is using rail pressure and rpm to find where I want to adjust stuff.

Those 3 you mention can be measured with a Ultra gauge. My preference is using rail pressure and rpm to find where I want to adjust stuff.

If I can get rail pressure too that would be sweet. :)

Does it datalog as well? I can't seem to find info on the site that verifies that.

It does not show rail on my 03 but it says it has that capability. You need to hear from someone with your yr truck to see.. Sorry. I have been using my Quad pod that came with my old racing box.

It depends on the motor/turbo, quick spooling can run more and slow spooling needs less. You should be able to run more than stock, but again it depends on the setup.

Interesting I didn't think a 64 would spool faster then stock.

Even with tuning I doubt it does. I meant more timing, not more spool.

OK. So you would add more timing just to keep temps down and it really won't hurt you on spool up? I have my timing slightly lower then stock to try to spool faster... Granted mine is an 03 with a 62 which spools pretty good but is still slightly slower then stock in my opinion. Once I'm done with what I am doing with my TQ table I might have to revisit my spool area. Thx

So say 50/50 is neutral
60/40 would be more timing
40/60 would be less
or do I have that backwards?

03's are a little different than 04.5+ trucks, since the 04.5 trucks start with really retarded timing. I will run 03-04's slightly below stock in certain areas depending on the motor.

Sorry I didn't answer both questions.

If I can get rail pressure too that would be sweet. :)

You would need to confirm this with another 4.5 person.

Does it datalog as well? I can't seem to find info on the site that verifies that.

No datalogging fro Ultra guage.

Let us know if you find a good datalogging gauge/software..

Its really not that bad using rail pressure and RPM to figure out where you are in your program don't get me wrong datalogging would but its pretty easy to identify where your are.

Its weird, I was able to data log with VCDS on my dads 06, but not Jasons 04.5.

Will UDC get updated with proper duration map axes?

AH64ID, do you really run this much timing cruising?
UDC.jpg

We bumped Jasons up to test it out and it was rather loud. He is running a rather basic map 20-48% split depending on load and RPM.

I don't, I run less than stock. That was more of a demonstration than exact numbers.

Remember you can always enter your stock values in the calculator and then using those splits as a reference.

This is the best I have gotten for smoke but Still working on the smoke issue not sure which way to go? Can somebody take a look at this:

Attachments

• SSR UDC settings #7 10-21-13_sample.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 0
John would need to chime in but to me your timing is to high 1200-1600 RPM above 35% and your spool area has to much timing as well. I don't know what other guys are doing in the TQ but mine looks nothing like yours but again my truck is an 03. If I ran your tq table I know I would be smokey. What are your splits in the spool area (31%-68% eng)? I think because your turbo is not the fastest at spooling your splits should be closer to stock in that area. If I remember the 06's have retarded timing in that area. I would look at stock values and where your at and split the difference and see if that helps with cleaning up some smoke.