Smarty UDC Initial Impressions

I've heard from a efi guy that on the 06's if you use UDC you a engine light on all the time. I was thinking the only differences between UDC and efi was data logging and the ability to adjust high idle.. Have guys had any issues programing any 06-07 trucks with twins? Getting eng light or boost errors codes? Is there anything else you have noticed?

I haven't seen an engine light on any of the trucks I have tuned.

What is their basis, and what code does it set?

The check engine light would be caused by a Chrysler tsb. I will post the tsb number later.

That's what I was thinking it might be, but EFI will have the same issues with a current flash and a fuel system issue.

That's what I was thinking it might be, but EFI will have the same issues with a current flash and a fuel system issue.

We can switch between OS's that don't have the TSB issue with efi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I haven't seen an engine light on any of the trucks I have tuned.

What is their basis, and what code does it set?

Don't know the code but you have had no issues programing twin set up in 06's?

We can switch between OS's that don't have the TSB issue with efi.

Very true.

Have you found the CEL to be false? I thought it was originally blamed as a false code, but time has shown that a fuel system fault is actually present.

Haven't found a truck that trips the cel to NOT have a HPCR issue. Typically high return rates is the cause. Rarely a FCA or pump.

With Efi you can run a balance rate test to determine which injector is "flowing" too much fuel and replace as necessary and typically the cel goes away after HPCR issue is fixed.

Of course as I said we have OS's that disable the issue, but it's just covering up the inevitable.

Thanks Les,

That is what I figured, but it's good to get confirmation.

Have you done any UDC tuning yet?

Thanks Les,

That is what I figured, but it's good to get confirmation.

Have you done any UDC tuning yet?

No I have not...without a cell/cell edit feature or a copy paste from file to file...it's just more time that needs to be committed that I don't have right now.

Between now csp-5 released, pulling season, racing season and my regular job, I just don't have 2-3 hrs a night to build a tune.

Once the ease of tune building gets better ill start tuning for the 03-05 guys who need custom tuning.

I may sound like I'm being picky...but time is something I have little of right now.

Smarty tech support can provide back dated Chrysler software too. Call 855 456 7627

It's a Chryler tsb not a smarty issue.

Smarty tech support can provide back dated Chrysler software too. Call 855 456 7627

It's a Chryler tsb not a smarty issue.

Yes guys its not Smarty...it's a OS change by Chrysler.

As I stated earlier though...if you have this issue, it's telling you there IS a HPCR issue and changing OS's won't fix your problem, it'll just shut the reminder off until its too late and you have a dead truck.

Will actual psi exceeding demanded cause the wts also? I've gone through a bunch of stuff and my truck always starts on the second rev. No signs of a bad inj.

No I have not...without a cell/cell edit feature or a copy paste from file to file...it's just more time that needs to be committed that I don't have right now.

Between now csp-5 released, pulling season, racing season and my regular job, I just don't have 2-3 hrs a night to build a tune.

Once the ease of tune building gets better ill start tuning for the 03-05 guys who need custom tuning.

I may sound like I'm being picky...but time is something I have little of right now.

I can fell the 24 hours in a day not being enough :-)

UDC does ow allow cell edit and copy/paste. It has saved me countless hours when tuning!

Is running low pressure like 15k in the cruise range ok or will it make more smoke?
Lowering duration and no other changes made a lot more smoke! WHY?

Lowering duration increases your fuel split in that area. So now you might have to much timing on that area.. Are you getting any timing rattle?

Is running low pressure like 15k in the cruise range ok or will it make more smoke?
Lowering duration and no other changes made a lot more smoke! WHY?

Decreasing duration in the cruise region pushes you to higher spots in the map, and probably too much timing.

Back