Smarty UDC Initial Impressions

yeah it did help with the smoke but now I wonder how that actually works?! Throttle is smoother need more pedal to achieve same as before. Still have smoke but not as bad!

Are you still getting 100% engine load at wot? If so you can drop the the last treetop columns more it may help reduce more smoke and if you want a touchier throttle add a little more the second and third columns. Now if I could get you too fill out John's calculator you could really see how much timing you could add.

John/Randy- Have you done any programs on a 06 with 85% cp3, 100hp sticks with twins? Are the 85% pumps smokey? At take off with very little throttle?

I figured they would be the same as mine since they are coming from the same vendor and I am assuming twins spool up quicker or about the same then my 63/68. Would that be a wrong assumption.

The spool depends on the size of the twins.

Unless the 85% pump is weak and cannot keep up with the demanded pressure, or the duration is too much, I am not sure a pump would cause smoke.

The pump shouldn't be smokey, some 100hp sticks can be dirty.

The spool depends on the size of the twins.

Unless the 85% pump is weak and cannot keep up with the demanded pressure, or the duration is too much, I am not sure a pump would cause smoke.

I can attest to the fact that when I installed The Arson III kit, It definitely caused more smoke in the 800 to 1600 rpm range. However, when the FCA which came with the kit was causing surging, I re-installed the OEM FCA while waiting for the replacement from Shane, smoke was greatly reduced.

The replacement FCA had the disc(holds the spring and fuel regulator) in the end set at a different depth and different holes/penetrations that allow fuel into the internals. I cannot remember if the disc was set deeper or shallower, but the replacement FCA did not smoke as much as the first one that came with the kit, but more than the OEM.

Sounds like Dangerous is having smoke issues at higher rpms if I understand him correctly, but between the modded CP3, larger injectors, and the big single charger, he has 3 strikes against cleaning up the smoke...If I had to guess, having had similar issues with a Silver 62, that's what I would believe to be the largest negative factor.

Just my thoughts, Jess

Very interesting, I wouldn't have thought a FCA could effect smoke. Pressure is pressure right? I mean if you meet the pressure demand it shouldn't matter, but ???

They are the same injectors I'm running but I can't remember of Don M's are 90hp or 100hp.. Other then stuffing my throttle to the floor at take off I really have to work to get out to smoke during moderate driving. That's why I'm a little surprised of the smoke.

Don M's IIRC, F1=40hp, F1.2=45, F1.3=50, F1.4=55 and so on, Mine flow equal to F1.5's he stated 60/65 hp. I could be mistaken, been several years since I installed but I believe that's how Rip explained it to me.

When Don received my injectors he was out of blank stock, so I could wait...or he could extrude hone my tips to match flow to his custom tips, that why I say mine flow equal to F1.5's.

No F2's are 100HP.. At least for 3 Gen's the only difference is the 03's tips were weak so Don M had to make tips 4.5 and up I believe were modified OEM tips.

Rail pressure has a huge effect on smoke and mileage! Seems running 16k all the way to 50% load will give me good smoke control! I'm on my 45th tune and with no other changes to some previous tunes except pressure made a big difference! Just wanted to share!

So from 0%-50% eng load you have your rail set to 16K? Or are you ramping it up quick ? your not getting any tattle for example 1100 @ 30% eng load at that high pressure? Is your timing low in this area?
So it appears the 06's like a lot more pressure then the 03"s..

Yup, RP increased cleaned up my smoke, I can't make smoke unless I jump the pedal at a stop.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Randy - I have been messing with an 06 with twins and a very tight convertor. We can not get rid of the smoke down low on take off.. The only thing I really haven't mess with to much has been pressure.. In the 1100-1600 RPM under 35% what are you guys doing there? is 16,000 - 18,000 psi range sound safe? I am just a little gun shy with pressure because of the issues I had with my 03.. But just from looking at the stock 06 program the rail is much higher then early 3rd gen's..

So from 0%-50% eng load you have your rail set to 16K? Or are you ramping it up quick ? your not getting any tattle for example 1100 @ 30% eng load at that high pressure? Is your timing low in this area?
So it appears the 06's like a lot more pressure then the 03"s..

Sorry let me explain: I was running the sample tunes like #30 and smoked alot
My max pressure is 16k max at 50% So from 0 to 50% I ramp it up slowly. At 30% I'm at like 13k at 2000rpm and At 1100rpm I'm at 10k.
On a side note I'm willing to pay someone to do the calc tables for me any takers? That way I can see and maybe understand what my tune is doing.
Is 100. a fair offer?

Does anyone have SSR or TNT sample files that they already have copy and pasted the information into John's calculator...I would be willing to put all of the S06 Revo files in the calculator sheets and post them some in a new thread...

Quick question on throttle position! Say all aspects are the same rpm and load. Only difference is pedal position wouldn't load increase also? I was pulling a trailer with above situation and smoked really bad even though load and rpm were the same. How would i clean that up? Hard trying to explain it hope you get it!