Smarty UDC Initial Impressions

Yeah same slower to light setup, it's a high rpm turbo.

There are some aspects we can't tune with UDC to help with smoke.

I'm fed up with this turbo I've tried everything to get rid of the smoke or at least minimize it! I just delivered a trailer and it was black on the pipe side yuck! Customer not so happy! Any suggestions?

Don't tow with a top end racing turbo?

You can play with your mid range pressure and timing to build boost, but your EGT's will be higher when towing.

Do you smoke on a stock tune?

The silver series are designed for high rpm use.

Don't tow with a top end racing turbo?

You can play with your mid range pressure and timing to build boost, but your EGT's will be higher when towing.

Do you smoke on a stock tune?

The silver series are designed for high rpm use.

That's what I did and it helped! but it still smokes all the time! So I'm going to change the turbo out just not sure what to run? I can't run twins because CA sucks even if it's better than stock they will not allow it! So I have to do a single with a wrap so they can't tell! I remember a variable turbo discussed at one point but can't find the thread!

Shop for a turbo based on your use/hp goals. What do you want the truck to do?

Everything!! I use it to tow sometimes upwards of 20k pulling hills at 70 is awesome right now I hover at the 1300 degree mark pulling a 6% grade for several miles that's at40psi seems to work good no problems just the smoke makes a mess! I'm happy with the power and performance. Stomping a ford and Chevy and an occasional wrx is a must!
Hence the confirmed kill stickers in my avatar! I know the 90hp sticks were a mistake to much fuel but I think the correct turbo can really clean it up!

John what are you seeing for EGT's at the end of a WOT pull? Approximately 1/4 mile..

I honestly haven't done one. The few runs I have done to ~90 start in 4th and end in 6th an I don't break 1225°.

Wow that doesn't seem like much for WOT When I pull the hills as stated above I'm only at about 40 to 50% load... If I WOT I bury the needle in like 2 seconds!

I will hit about 1250°-1300° peak when towing up a grade WOT, depending on ambient temp and altitude. But quick rpms to redline don't even break 1200° in 5th or lower. I am only running a 415/850 tune thou.

That seems low. I could get my truck over 1200 when its was completely stock..

And once again let me see your tune! I won't steal it just want to compare!

Don't be cheap just spend some bucks I would imagine his tuning on your rig would not disappoint you.

I get the "tuned by me" approach but you seem to have a special case for the average UDC owner/user.

Didn't know he remote tuned! How much? What if it's as bad as my attempts! I have tried a lot of tunes in all kinds of directions! Happy now just not with the smoke dirty trailers!

I'm fed up with this turbo I've tried everything to get rid of the smoke or at least minimize it! I just delivered a trailer and it was black on the pipe side yuck! Customer not so happy! Any suggestions?

I can't imagine that the Silver is much fun, even my 64/71/13 was a little laggier than I liked when towing heavier. I'm not sure how different it is going to be for me with a cam and custom tuning now...

I think for what you are trying to do a Super B Special or possibly better yet a 63/68 would probably do what you want.

What year is your truck?

So what does it mean when my tune runs great at 5000 feet? Wierd that less air would make it run cleaner and have great power?! I'm totally confused now!