Smarty UDC Initial Impressions

Randy,
I saw the site change on 11/29.. The UDC file for 1.1.4 was released on the Smarty Site on 11/9. I compared the file from 11/9 with one from 11/29 and they are the same size/versions listed on them?
Not sure why the site was changedon 11/29?

I posted this on SmartyResorce @ Cummins Forum:

From the UDC Quick Guide,

3.4.1 By default, at every start of the
tuning software, the availability of a
newer version is checked through the
internet.

3.4.2 Should a new version have become
available, you will be informed and
requested to download the update.

This doesn't work for me.. It never detected the 1.1.4 version released on:

Nov. 09, 2012 - Software update
Smarty UDC: Software updates,

Just letting you know

Ok Not sure what I did but have great power but smoke is really bad never clears up! Even at cruise I have a heavy haze. Only changed timing lower and reduced Duration across the board.

It's an 06 Why does the timing chart "Samples" have a dip between 50.1 and 68.8 timing?
The rail pressure also has peaks and valleys but why? Most I have seen on here by members are smooth gradual rise in rate which I have tryed but I have to go back to square one i screwed something up have good power but smoke was insane!

Maybe cut back on duration? I'm only at ssr sample 20 for duration, and it drives pretty clean.

I was comparing the timing values and Mine are alot higher than the samples. That's probably my issue!

Man to much of a good thing is BAD!
Now I have to find the happy meadium! What are you running for cruise timing in the 2000 rpm range about 15 20 load?

My truck likes less timing than stock at 1600-2000, not much less but less.

Just got back from the Midland Dyno competition this weekend comparing UDC vs. SSR. I will start a new thread within the next couple days with:

Fuel Mileage Results
Dyno results comparing UDC against SSR
Daily Driving Results
Race Results (Street)

I posted this on SmartyResorce @ Cummins Forum:

From the UDC Quick Guide,

3.4.1 By default, at every start of the
tuning software, the availability of a
newer version is checked through the
internet.

3.4.2 Should a new version have become
available, you will be informed and
requested to download the update.

This doesn't work for me.. It never detected the 1.1.4 version released on:

Nov. 09, 2012 - Software update
Smarty UDC: Software updates,

Just letting you know

Thank you sir!

AFAIK, The latest udc update included windows 8 compatibility only. If you are not using Win8 there is no change.

My truck likes less timing than stock at 1600-2000, not much less but less.

Hmmm i bumped it up by +2 across the board! See how it does tomorrow!
Still confused with the dips and valleys. Which ones are needed and which ones are smog crap? In timing, duration and rail pressure??

your timing will be different, you have 90 injectors........ as is my truck different.......

Its frustrating to me that torque management is still able to be a player in a automatic truck and not allow the truck to see the full load of power it has available.Stick guys do not have issues with this in the UDC at all and I wonder why it was not addressed for the auto guys.

Think its time for a stick ECM and a manual valve body for the trans.

Bumps in rail pressure, IMHO, are mostly emissions based. There is a small bump for economy, but I am not sure it's really necessary. As load increases rail pressure should increase, until the max you want to run.

Timing has a bump for cruise, then backs off to reduce pressure/heat to a safer level for higher fuel/boost. Timing has to increase with fuel increases or you will get high EGT's and low power.

Back