Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater'

Posted another vid with a rolling start. "Anteater rolling 40 mph" on the tube.

From what I've seen of my controller, the rate of speed + hydraulic lag causes the shift to appear roughly 3mph past desired. You can also see this electronically, the dash will display the 1-2 shift just before the mechanical shift.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Let me know if this is what you are experiencing, Quinn. Also anyone else.

Just wrote a tune that was stair stepped instead of curved, and seems to have cleared up most of my issues. Only one test drive so far, but definitely looks promising.

Yeah, I was meaning to get a message to you about the ramp.

It's not such a good idea. I had pulled most of the ramp out of mine, but I think I sent you a previous file.

Biggy, you still using TV equal to 80% at full throttle ? Or static ?

My TV is over 80, and still tied to the throttle. It won't up shift from a WOT dig. I've been meaning to adjust it and haven't.

Last edited:
That needs clarification, it is above 80% at max travel.

Alright, got rid of the hunt, the hangs, the flares... Shifting is flat out awesome ! Only problem left is not going into OD without letting off throttle a little, and that's only on wide open runs. Went back to static TV at about 75-80%. And here is the tune that's working good so far. Minus the wide open OD thing, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20160509_194257587_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160509_194257587_HDR.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 0
That tune is very "flat" compared to what I've been trying here lately. I might slightly increase the "steps" to get a little bit better downshift action for passing.

This is very much what I would suggest everyone move toward. Realistically, because of the way the software works, there is no need for a parabolic curve anyway, and it seems to be giving the DD guys more headaches in the end.

Glad to see you are pleased.

Any suggestions on what might be causing the difficulty shifting into OD ? Seems to be my final little issue... Adjusted the TV down another 5% or so this morning. Didn't have any effect.

Does the software say that it's in OD when it isn't?

I'll open the dash on my way home this evening and have a look.

OD is purely electronic activation. It takes ~1.2-1.5 seconds after the MPH is reached to complete the shift. On a race truck, that could be ~7-8MPH after the set point due to the gain in RPM at WOT.

Mine will continue to climb well past the set point. With OD shift set at 68mph, it will go all the way to the Rev limit and hold there until I lift my foot off of the pedal, then it will shift. This is only under heavy acceleration. Light to mid acceleration shifting is working perfectly.

OD is purely electronic activation. It takes ~1.2-1.5 seconds after the MPH is reached to complete the shift. On a race truck, that could be ~7-8MPH after the set point due to the gain in RPM at WOT.

If it's all electronic then mine will never shift to it at wot. I can bury the guage to 5k and then lift and it will shift.

What are your suggestions for fixing this?

By bury the tach, I mean 3rd gear as fast as the truck will go and will be no shift. This is with the od mph being set at 60mph.

Back