Spool valve can YOU help?

Thanks, appreciate it. I'm looking forward for the new motor to be built so I can see how they flow.

I'd like to find someone that has a spool valve to see how they compare to a compound setup. If it's close I'd ditch compounds I think. The truck isn't used for towing anymore and being converted back to an auto in the next year or two. I'd like to feel the difference between compounds and spool valves between the two styles of transmissions.

I'm not sure what the difference is between them, I've read through the thread multiple times, I'm having a hard time following.

On the current version that will be produced we are using a higher grade inconel than typically used for the turbine wheel, they are also designed to be serviceable as the internals can be replaced if needed.

On the current version that will be produced we are using a higher grade inconel than typically used for the turbine wheel, they are also designed to be serviceable as the internals can be replaced if needed.

Are you going to be making two versions? One where you can use a divided housing, and a smaller version for a non-divided? I specifically bought a cracked divider manifold so I could chop the middle out to save some space, and a thinner spool valve would be awesome!

I cant say enough about my flange, its been flawless. dd'd my 94 with a single 80 for about 6 months. Weston's customer support is awesome. after all the time on mine the flange looks fine, probably over 15k miles on it now.

turned my truck from undrivable, to enjoyable.

Are you going to be making two versions? One where you can use a divided housing, and a smaller version for a non-divided?

No, and in my opinion it would be better to keep the divider in the manifold.

Weston's customer support is awesome. after all the time on mine the flange looks fine, probably over 15k miles on it now.

I will update any existing parts to the new version for no cost once they are ready, I appreciate the guys that have stuck by testing these, the feedback has led us to a solution.

Last edited:
No, and in my opinion it would be better to keep the divider in the manifold.

No worries. I'm still going to be grabbing one of these off of you. Especially since I just went to a 300rpm lower than stock stall Tuesday! I could use some quicker spooling now.

I will update any existing parts to the new version for no cost once they are ready, I appreciate the guys that have stuck by testing these, the feedback has led us to a solution.

Do you have a new ETA or will this come out when you are ready to start selling injectors and DVs again?

Just curious if anyone has tried making their own? Im thinking of giving it a try my only problem is finding a good place to purchase the inconnel. I know its gonna be salty no matter where i go but i was wondering if any of you had a reputable vendor that you have dealt with??

Just curious if anyone has tried making their own? Im thinking of giving it a try my only problem is finding a good place to purchase the inconnel. I know its gonna be salty no matter where i go but i was wondering if any of you had a reputable vendor that you have dealt with??

There's a kid on Cummins forum that is in college and I think he made one as a senior design project. He sells them pretty cheap and only had one with a failure (his first one, tolerances too tight), but his has a valve to slowly actuate it. I thought about giving it a try. Honestly though, I don't put a ton of faith in most people on CF, so I decided not to.

I have a BD T4 spooling valve I bought from Taylor Manning if anyone is interested.

We are going to compounds so I no longer need it. I'd take $150 less than a new one.