Spool valve can YOU help?

Oh my. I guess I should have done a little homework before I posted the $150 less deal.

I bought this piece from Taylor Manning for $670. I was figuring on $520 plus shipping. Apparently, I either paid to much from Manning Motorsports or the price has dropped dramatically since the winter of 2013.

Could someone direct me to current pricing and I'll see what I can do.

100_7429_zps93f3a5fc.jpg

100_7430_zps864d2c83.jpg

100_7431_zps5bbc7732.jpg

The diverter is a t4. I'll be honest, my combination seemed to spool better without the valve. Maybe other combinations work better with a spooling valve???

I was expecting 510 + shipping myself. DAP has them for 660. What was/is your combination you used with the diverter?

12valve, 13mm p-pump, ported stock head, hamiliton 200/220, 5x25's

Sounds like it should've worked really well. But what the heck do I know... Anyway I'm still interested.

OK, PM me with your info and I'll get you a shipping cost. I can tell ya straight up the only place in our little town that does UPS charges a $5 service fee on top of the shipping.

I'll take $500+shipping.

Let me go see if I can find it quick.

EDIT:
His name is D2'd on CF

Had one of his. Terrible design. Didn't work at all with the air piston he supplied. And it leaked a ton around the axle of the valve. No bushing at all. Basically just a spacer with a valve in it.

Had one of his. Terrible design. Didn't work at all with the air piston he supplied. And it leaked a ton around the axle of the valve. No bushing at all. Basically just a spacer with a valve in it.

Good to know...just curious what didnt work about the air piston? Did it open too fast?

Oh my. I guess I should have done a little homework before I posted the $150 less deal.

I bought this piece from Taylor Manning for $670. I was figuring on $520 plus shipping. Apparently, I either paid to much from Manning Motorsports or the price has dropped dramatically since the winter of 2013.

Could someone direct me to current pricing and I'll see what I can do.

The diverter is a t4. I'll be honest, my combination seemed to spool better without the valve. Maybe other combinations work better with a spooling valve???

I take back my dibs!
That's a good price, but I thought you were talking about having one from the guy from CF and I was going to buy it from you just to be able to check it out first hand. The BD ones are legit, and you should get $500 no problem.

This is exactly what I meant when I said I didn't feel good about buying something from some dude on CF ;-)

IIRC didn't he have the space constraints of a 3rd gen in mind when he built that. It's been a long time since he had a thread on I that. I thought he had to remove part of the divider in his speed steed to use it. I thought that ATS at one time built a turbine diverter into one of there turbine housings but that goes way back. Obviously that has it's shortcomings as well because I can't find it anywhere. Spool seems to be finicky, even a spacer seems to negatively affect it. So a guy goes bolting this stuff on to try and spool faster, and either he's disrupting the flow, or creating a leak, or transferring heat and it seems like you don't see the gains that are theoretically there.

Thats just about exactly how I felt about it. The leakage and the lack of a truly divided setup wasted a lot of energy.

He had 2 designs. A thin one where the divide had to be trimmed out or the one I got from him which was thicker and enabled doing it without grinding out the manifold divide. But it was all for not cause it helped 0%. When wire tied open there was zero difference in spool. Just an annoyance.

That said, I think a well designed unit like some of the ones I've see,n have a good chance at doing this quite successfully. Clearly that must be true from all the positive responses in this thread. Moral of the story; at the very least buy one thats been through a few rounds of improvements or is from one of the larger companies.

Last edited: