SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

spoke to soon. no grid but it fell on its face. hitting 3rd lol.

lowering rail numbers to 20 from 45.

With HL set to 45 on 1.7 you could easily exceed the opening pressure on a stock PRV. I would start at HL 10 and then slowly increase until max rail pressure hits 25.5K.

Paul

Finally I got her to spin over 5000rpm last night. :rockwoot: Gonna hit the dirt drags Sat. and see how it all works out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JasonCzerak
lower EGT's = higher cylinder temps.

dangerous06 try these. Yes, even the rail numbers

LLT 22
HLT 36
LLR 25
HLR 30
LLD 30
HLD 16

Ok I'll load it tonight give it a hundred mile test and let you know on Sat!
Thanks Jason
Ok after running this tune for a day here's what I got Smoke untill 2000rpm Milage at 14mpg Power was great and smooth but at 4.50 a gallon i need to modify just the lower settings and this is what i got right now:
LT 20
HT 32
LR 10
HR 30
LD 20
HD 16
This gives me the high end surge power with the low end fuel milage I will tweak this as I go so far low end smoke is good!

I got new Bosch motorsport injectors with 100's. So I'm back to tuning again. Right now I'm at:
Tm 23/33
Rp 17/9
Dur 9/23

Runs pretty clean, and Egts are around 1300 at 45psi. I have a powerband effect right now which I think is caused by my big gap in duration. I also have to bring the hlrp down as it went over 26000, or at least that's what the gauge said.

At cruise I also have a shutter between 1800-2100. I talked to Todd at t&c and he said try a new map sensor.

Now it seems like I'm chasing the weather. This morning which was clean at about 70 f. Now it's 81 f and 44% humidity it's smokey and laggy.

Edit: I pulled down hl dur to 20 and it seemed to clean it up. I'm also getting lltm timing rattle again so I guess I'll bring that down to 20.

Last edited:
I got new Bosch motorsport injectors with 100's. So I'm back to tuning again. Right now I'm at:
Tm 23/33
Rp 17/9
Dur 9/23

Runs pretty clean, and Egts are around 1300 at 45psi. I have a powerband effect right now which I think is caused by my big gap in duration. I also have to bring the hlrp down as it went over 26000, or at least that's what the gauge said.

At cruise I also have a shutter between 1800-2100. I talked to Todd at t&c and he said try a new map sensor.

I thought your rail and dur were switched "backwards" try that those are Low and Hi right?!

I thought your rail and dur were switched "backwards" try that those are Low and Hi right?!

Yep, that reads right. If I bump lldur up I get rattle under light throttle and rpm. Rp is the big ?. The way I have it set now, I get 24-25000 psi at wot, and ramp up rates seem quick. Maybe my map sensor is suverly messed up, and that's why everything is turned around?

Yep, that reads right. If I bump lldur up I get rattle under light throttle and rpm. Rp is the big ?. The way I have it set now, I get 24-25000 psi at wot, and ramp up rates seem quick. Maybe my map sensor is suverly messed up, and that's why everything is turned around?

How is your smoke and when does it clear? That cam should help spool faster! Your duration low at 9 is ok try 15 on HI As for RP High numbers equal faster ramp and more fuel per injection cycle.What do you do with the truck? Your close to what I have except the cam and tranny. Just for curiousity run this and let me know how it does! I got it from Jason and ran good except for milage.

LLT 22
HLT 36
LLR 25
HLR 30
LLD 30
HLD 16

For milage I did a few low changes but kept the higher numbers

LT 20
HT 32
LR 10
HR 30
LD 20
HD 16

It clears pretty good. With the manual I think every time I change gears im back in ll settings. With the rp, does ll set ramp up and hl set up max? Ill give those settings a shot in the am.

It's a dd for my wife, and pulls a horse a trailer on weekends. It also doubles as my stress relief lol.

As a daily driver try the second set of numbers for a 100 miles let me know how it works. I know most on here say they could care less for milage but unless your rich
4.50 a gallon is a pain at anything in the low teens! I try to get 20+ cruising empty but when I'm towing anything over 10 is good!

The higher lld numbers and higher rail drive well, clean. but to keep up with cars out cruising its way too smokey.

i'm finding my way back to lld 18 and seeing how llt 22 works out. its a nice haze while accelerating :(

much over duration of 20 i pop the rv on the 2-3 shift

meh.

Damn, just thinking but I'm running the latest software. Im guessing the numbers are way off. I should switch back, but I'm to lazy lol.

Back