Swole's Carnage AGAIN!!!!

I think its safe to say with the mp8 at 100% and smarty pressure on top of that, the pressure was INSANE.

Well I cranked it after loading the Smarty..
Drove a 1/4 to the lanes...
turned it off...
Cleared that p0236 code....
Cranked it....
Drove to the line...
Started my spool....
Got to 10 psi or so and it started that stuttering.....
I think I left at about 18-20 psi (not holding it there long).........
Cut her loose....
11.23 seconds later I let out of it.....
Backed of the MP8, took it out of 4wd, and Unlocked the convertor......
It shut off and coasted for a few seconds
Tried to recrank and it sounded sick.....

There's your line blowing off problem. When did your lift and when did you turn the mp8 back? If you swap that order, you might have not blown the line part.

Doesn't it take "seconds" to cook a piston or 4?

Just like dockboy's data log posts show.

I see a motor "hang" with my truck since it's a manual. if I run the mp8 above 30%, let the motor rev past 3000 and miss a shift in the process and hit the throttle, the rail pressure holds the motor at 3800rpm for many seconds. It does it just for a second or two, if that with out the mp8. if it does it at all.

I won't turn up the mp8 in a run until I'm in 6th, then turn it down before I lift.

Also interested to know what the banjo with the check ball at the back of the head looks like. Plugged up, damaged in any way?

I just noticed you were running sw9 with tnt-r. Holy ****E! Your egts must have been insane. I ran 7.20s(1/8th) on sw3 with tntr with the flux 3s. Anything mover sw3 and it slowed down and egts got crazy. Never tried anything over sw5.

after reading all posts & sleeping on it

I would agree, with those that have said.
Rail preasure got out of hand, hung that injector open. The weekest link.
Acting like a presure releif valve in that cylinder saveing the rest from the same.
If the new pressure releif valves work as they say , and taylored to fit your mods. This tread & all its heartache might not be here.

I dont think water injection would have saved that cylinder.
Water does make common sence & will continue running it.

Don,s put your releif valves back in, keeps ringing in my head.

Swole,
Your a better man than me . I would still be in the fetal position.:bang

I'd have to agree with the people saying too much pressure. Rather than turning up the fuel pressure for a little extra power, it might be a better idea to buy bigger injectors.

Also above 20,000 psi, you're in water cutting territory. It might be interesting to cut the injectors that melted the pistons in half and look for wear near the tip.

David did you guys bench that #5 injector yet? Thats were I'd blow the forensic budget.

if you didnt live light years away, i would offer to help, i would like to see it run the quarter, that sucks but is cool cause now you get to add some more cool parts. i think when mine blows again, i will add more cubes. good luck

Ugh, makes me sick to think about it... sorry to hear you swoled another one :(

I'm picking up another mega cab, and I've been seriously thinking about dropping a 12v in it

if you didnt live light years away, i would offer to help, i would like to see it run the quarter, that sucks but is cool cause now you get to add some more cool parts. i think when mine blows again, i will add more cubes. good luck

How is it cool? He just went through this 2500 miles ago...

Okay, been thinking about things and remembered one other wierd thing that happened recently..

I guess this was right after my first trip to the track on this build...

I was driving arount town and came to a stop at a light....All the sudden my RP went up to like 22K+ for a just a second and then came right back down by itself.....It did make the heavy rattle for that second too...

This happened like 2 or 3 times total over about a week but then never did it again.....

Remembering this....What would you guys do??

I'm thinking that I need to either replace or have checked,
-My FCA's!! ( the one on top - dmax- is fairly new...we replaced it a while back when I broke the conector)
-Replace ECM or have it wiped / flashed (I'm kinda scared of it now)
-Have my PPE dual cp3 contoler checked

I just need to cover all my bases!!!

Okay, been thinking about things and remembered one other wierd thing that happened recently..

I guess this was right after my first trip to the track on this build...

I was driving arount town and came to a stop at a light....All the sudden my RP went up to like 22K+ for a just a second and then came right back down by itself.....It did make the heavy rattle for that second too...

This happened like 2 or 3 times total over about a week but then never did it again.....

Remembering this....What would you guys do??

I'm thinking that I need to either replace or have checked,
-My FCA's!! ( the one on top - dmax- is fairly new...we replaced it a while back when I broke the conector)
-Replace ECM or have it wiped / flashed (I'm kinda scared of it now)
-Have my PPE dual cp3 contoler checked

I just need to cover all my bases!!!

We have not tested that injector yet...

I spent all my time Wed & Thurs pulling the head and then the motor...

I'm on duty with NO time to spare until Sun. night at midnight...So Monday and Tues. is going to be busy...

-Ship turbos off to get repaired / checked
-Test Injectors
-Make tons of calls to round up the parts and offered assitance
-Finish tear down on the motor to see if that Rod is Bent in #5....I hope not so I can reuse my balance rotating assembly and VP rods..

Among other things.......I'm just so freakin scatter brained about this I'm have a hard time making desicions. Just need to get throught this weekend at work.

Im quite positive that he will still be running a CR, and to be honest it isnt a bad solution, just need to get on top of things is all

dave, your drag racing at TS whether you like it or not....if the interceptor isnt back up and running, im sure we'll all let it slide of you bring a smyrna police car:poke:

I'd bet the 03-04 pistons are a different weight so you better balance the assembly again.

Dave- you sure that Z06 driver you spanked the first track outing didnt put a curse on the truck? lol

have you decided if your going with a CR again or going the 12 valve route?

CR....Just gonna look for a 12v someday to toy with..

dave, your drag racing at TS whether you like it or not....if the interceptor isnt back up and running, im sure we'll all let it slide of you bring a smyrna police car:poke:

HA!! NOT!!! They'd fire my A$$!!

Maybe I'll ET bracket race my TDI!!! :hehe:

I'd bet the 03-04 pistons are a different weight so you better balance the assembly again.

Good point...thx

Dave- you sure that Z06 driver you spanked the first track outing didnt put a curse on the truck? lol

He must have! But then again, I've been under this curse for the past 2 years!!! Three Builds Later!!!!!!
:bang