Swole's Infamy of Carnage Continues!!

Don, Quick question....

As for these new tips and tech that your putting into them...Are you going to keep the 3.8 sizing or are these even better where I could go up a bit and keep the smoke level down further??

Just thinking out loud....More fuel but less pressure with the new tech. stuff....would that help??

What are your thoughts?? What were you going to make them??

Good question David, I have the same.
Don , Could you check your sponsor forum .
Thanks ,doug

from what Ive seen on the sponser forum your gonna get as good of a resopnse walking outside and calling his name!!!
kinda sucks that I just spent a pile of $$ on new stainless bodied big fluxs and now read theres some new hot item dons working on:doh:

Nothing against David, I know he didn't ask for these new injectors. But at the rate we are going on product turnaround from F1, it will be this time next year before we see anything. I hope they are bad ass, but I also hope the turnaround time improves. Surely this can be handled beret somehow.

This is why I deal with Exergy, engineers from a little well known company starting with a B and rhymes with Gosh.

Flow sheets are not a secret to some.

I am wondering if you also do the pumps....(p7100) and do you provide flow sheets for these as well?:pop:

I am wondering if you also do the pumps....(p7100) and do you provide flow sheets for these as well?:pop:

I have, but I do not have time anymore. I would recommend DPE to anyone. I will have some info to post on the dinosaurs before long.

I have, but I do not have time anymore. I would recommend DPE to anyone. I will have some info to post on the dinosaurs before long.
Thank you. I'll be awaiting your knowledgeable insight, it's always something to look forward to. I have come to understand your subliminal message through your posts. I also have already talked with Seth on pumps also......:Cheer:

This is for the Soup Nazi

Hey don,
I have a set of your 4.0's, I have melted a total of 14 pistons now. Is it possible my injectors are too small?

Hey don,
I have a set of your 4.0's, I have melted a total of 14 pistons now. Is it possible my injectors are too small?

I love my CR but I think after 2 or 3 or 5 I would start to love those p-pumps. Damn you must have a large toy fund.

Joe

Hey don,

Wow, that's persistent. I probably would have quit or fixed the problem causing it. :hehe: That's a lot of offerings to the god of horsepower, you should be set for the afterlife. :D

I have tried about everything to fix the problem. The injectors are the last thing. It all started when i put on my twin cp3's. I ran my exact setup as bf and when i put the pumps on, it went 5 passes down the track and melted a piston. Rebuilt it, went 5 passes and melted 6 pistons torched a valve seat out of the head, and almost burnt the head off a valve. Built a complete different motor this winter pulled 6 passes and melted all 6 again. Its just like the injectors are making too much pressure for the hole size. It seems the fuel is shooting out of the injector in a straight line and never fanning out or atomizing. They are the best water jets i have seen though! They just blow holes right through the piston. People say it too much timing or the tuning is off, well the inj is hitting right in the radius of the bowl. It's seems to be the perfect amount of timing??

Can someone answer a real simple and quick question for me? It has been a while since I've followed these common rails but are all the ones melting pistions 2004.5 and up or does this happen to the 2003 and early 2004?

I have tried about everything to fix the problem. The injectors are the last thing. It all started when i put on my twin cp3's. I ran my exact setup as bf and when i put the pumps on, it went 5 passes down the track and melted a piston. Rebuilt it, went 5 passes and melted 6 pistons torched a valve seat out of the head, and almost burnt the head off a valve. Built a complete different motor this winter pulled 6 passes and melted all 6 again. Its just like the injectors are making too much pressure for the hole size. It seems the fuel is shooting out of the injector in a straight line and never fanning out or atomizing. They are the best water jets i have seen though! They just blow holes right through the piston. People say it too much timing or the tuning is off, well the inj is hitting right in the radius of the bowl. It's seems to be the perfect amount of timing??

That's crazy. Not very many passes with tons of carnage.

I ran Don's injectors in my 06 for two years, with dual pumps, running 1800plus degrees. Its not injectors (unless you buy cheap crap). No other injectors fuel as clean, or make the HP as Dons. Ive tried them and so far no one else. Im not knocking any other injector brand, as i have had guys use other brands and make good setups out of em. I have 3 other trucks running my tuning setup in KY, they are all top contendors. I have others running in west virginia, virginia, ohio, iowa and missouri that have no problems with melting pistons.

Sorry guys, i just dont see getting on here and bragging on how many motors that i have burnt down. My number is 0. I have had two customers melt pistons, 2 years ago, and i know exactly why, and they havent done it since.

All of this gives the common rail a bad rap.

Are you running a PPE dual pump controller? What are you hitting for rail pressure? EGTs? Sounds like too much pressure with alot of heat.

I ran Don's injectors in my 06 for two years, with dual pumps, running 1800plus degrees. Its not injectors (unless you buy cheap crap). No other injectors fuel as clean, or make the HP as Dons. Ive tried them and so far no one else. Im not knocking any other injector brand, as i have had guys use other brands and make good setups out of em. I have 3 other trucks running my tuning setup in KY, they are all top contendors. I have others running in west virginia, virginia, ohio, iowa and missouri that have no problems with melting pistons.

Sorry guys, i just dont see getting on here and bragging on how many motors that i have burnt down. My number is 0. I have had two customers melt pistons, 2 years ago, and i know exactly why, and they havent done it since.

All of this gives the common rail a bad rap.

Im with you RAW. I too have never lost a CR engine, ever. I have melted two 12 valves though. And I would invite anyone to try and put them through a harder life than we do. We have always built trucks that were useable, so when they arent getting raced, they are towing very heavy. Ive ran CR's at 2000 degree EGTs for long periods of time just to try to find the limit. I think all these failures just comes down to bad tuning and setup.

I have also compared Dons injectors to most of the bigger names also and Dons always wins. I have invited lots of injector guys to try and win my business by sending me a set that will out perform what i have, but no one has stepped up to the challenge yet. It just sucks that its such a rediculous process and wait time to get dons stuff. And on top of that, you cant even talk to him to discuss what you want or need.

Im with you RAW. I too have never lost a CR engine, ever. I have melted two 12 valves though. And I would invite anyone to try and put them through a harder life than we do. We have always built trucks that were useable, so when they arent getting raced, they are towing very heavy. Ive ran CR's at 2000 degree EGTs for long periods of time just to try to find the limit. I think all these failures just comes down to bad tuning and setup.

I have also compared Dons injectors to most of the bigger names also and Dons always wins. I have invited lots of injector guys to try and win my business by sending me a set that will out perform what i have, but no one has stepped up to the challenge yet. It just sucks that its such a rediculous process and wait time to get dons stuff. And on top of that, you cant even talk to him to discuss what you want or need.

what are you refering to when you say bad tuning and setup? setup as in duals? or what?

Thanks