Swole's Infamy of Carnage Continues!!

Duals would be one of them, although most will disagree. If you look back on all of the melted cr threads, most of them were running duals. My truck is running low 11s at only 20,000 psi rail pressure with a single pump(FUEL ONLY). I would love to throw 30,000+ psi to it as I know it would be in the 10s if I did, but its not worth melting it down. i would much rather spray it with NX instead. Even though some people frown on NX, setting up a good, correctly tuned nitrous setup is a little more challenging than throwing a dual cp3 setup on and the engine is gonna live a lot longer.

what are you refering to when you say bad tuning and setup? setup as in duals? or what?

Thanks

I'll let him answer, but I have a few thoughts. Alot of people read these forums about people making big power by stacking programmers/boxes, and they think that's what they need to do. For example. People running dual cp3s or large modded pumps and running their pressure boxes at 100 percent and not realizing what kind of pressures are actually present at WOT, and even worse, the pressure spikes when they lift quickly. And even more potential for carnage, stacking with a TST and not knowing what they're doing. I went to a dyno event recently and there was a truck that literally made me cringe because of the excessive timing that was present. This person had already gone thru several motors! There's a balance that you need to find, and it's different for each person's setup. Tuning is everything!

I'll let him answer, but I have a few thoughts. Alot of people read these forums about people making big power by stacking programmers/boxes, and they think that's what they need to do. For example. People running dual cp3s or large modded pumps and running their pressure boxes at 100 percent and not realizing what kind of pressures are actually present at WOT, and even worse, the pressure spikes when they lift quickly. And even more potential for carnage, stacking with a TST and not knowing what they're doing. I went to a dyno event recently and there was a truck that literally made me cringe because of the excessive timing that was present. This person had already gone thru several motors! There's a balance that you need to find, and it's different for each person's setup. Tuning is everything!

Well said.

Sorry guys, i just dont see getting on here and bragging on how many motors that i have burnt down. My number is 0. I have had two customers melt pistons, 2 years ago, and i know exactly why, and they havent done it since.

All of this gives the common rail a bad rap.

So just exactly why did they melt down. Might as well enlighten the folks that can't keep their pistons solid.

SO!

We have those that blame Dons injectors.

and we have those that blame dual cp3's , pressure, & tuning.

Joesixpack - with your stand alone, whats the max pressure you see / use???

Does having monontherms change your decision on that?

SO!

We have those that blame Dons injectors.

and we have those that blame dual cp3's , pressure, & tuning.

Joesixpack - with your stand alone, whats the max pressure you see / use???

Does having monontherms change your decision on that?

And in most cases its no ones fault, but the guy controlling the boxes/programmers. Now giving you have a bad injector tip, or a box the screws up everynow and then, but that happens to everyone and the best.

And in most cases its no ones fault, but the guy controlling the boxes/programmers. Now giving you have a bad injector tip, or a box the screws up everynow and then, but that happens to everyone and the best.

...another super informative post. :rolleyes:

I'm running duals, tst/smarty/dr.p race, and have had it 2000 deg + by the 1/8 and stayed in it through the 1/4.....pistons looked perfect last time I had the head off. Guess I'm just lucky :D

IT'S THA TUNIN!!!!! LOL

IMHO.... timing = melting. Guess work components will likely do the same.

I've had my injectors out to be tested four times. They're about the same hp as Swoles and have yet to have issue. Ask Swole how many times his injectors have gone to Don and how many times there were injector issues when Don got them. Personally after the 2nd or 3rd time I'd have been done with that route.

People do deserve the benefit of the doubt but, to a point. When a performance injector builder starts blaming everything but what he's doing, ( modded pumps, no PRV...etc), I say he's avoiding the real problem. Bring up the possibility that his stuff caused problems.... he's all over the board blaming everything but what he's done.

It's pretty sad so many have his stuff and don't get near the attention someone that's in the spot light will.

IMHO.... timing = melting. ...

I'd have to agree. Pressure and spray pattern are both directly related to effective timing.

I pulled 10x with no issue at all, then melt 4 pistons on the next run. No programming changes whatsoever. I was probably running right on the edge before, but an extended period if idling before the run combined with temps over 100 deg probably did it in

IMHO.... timing = melting. Guess work components will likely do the same.

I've had my injectors out to be tested four times. They're about the same hp as Swoles and have yet to have issue. Ask Swole how many times his injectors have gone to Don and how many times there were injector issues when Don got them. Personally after the 2nd or 3rd time I'd have been done with that route.

People do deserve the benefit of the doubt but, to a point. When a performance injector builder starts blaming everything but what he's doing, ( modded pumps, no PRV...etc), I say he's avoiding the real problem. Bring up the possibility that his stuff caused problems.... he's all over the board blaming everything but what he's done.

It's pretty sad so many have his stuff and don't get near the attention someone that's in the spot light will.

Well said!!

Ty (tritan),

I have to correct you man. Yes, my injectors did go back to Don everytime I had an issue of some sort BUT it was only to have them checked each time. Don always just wanted to make sure they didn,t get hurt.

Like I've posted several times, other than one bad body Way back when I bought the flux 2's and this tip spliting on an tip thats been through 4 motors and two separate resizing's, thats it for the problems.

Not a bad record really for tips that were made in 03/08. Given the pressure they've seen.

Remember, your tips are the stock style that have been honed. If they blow off, it will do more internal damage. You Have been Lucky man!!

I agree that Don is at fault in some ways, but I cant say its with his products. When guys are blowing high pressure fittings off and pulling threads off of fittings, its pretty aparent that the pressure is a little out of hand. Every one of these threads I read, it seems like poeple want to blame everything and everyone except the actual problem. Yes, Dons tip did crack. But why shouldnt it. Just weeks ago, this same engine with the same setup ripped the threads off of a fitting. How could you expect it not to break a tip, or bust an injector body, or blow another line off, or etc. Any time we pull injectors out, they get sent to be tested. And if there is any doubt about their intergity, they get replaced. It sucks because they are expensive, but thats just part of having a cr. Im not blaming Swole for any of this, just saying some of these problems could have been prevented, imo. First thing is get rid of the dual cp3s and run lower than normal rp so then you dont have to worry about what the controller is telling the pumps to do. And you dont have to worry about the crazy pressure spikes as much. Your gonna give up a litte hp, but your gonna keep your motor together. Find other ways to make power. And I agree that timing is a killer also, as most already know.

But for the guys that think its not tuning and setup, then how do you explain the reason that its always the same guys blowing engines?

I guess proof doesn't even lead you to believe what is true.

Im so scatter brained about all of this info, i dont know what to really believe.

Your saying that I should be running the honed stock style nozzles??

I'm not going to disagree that tuning, or your selection of premade programs moreso, is part of a successful, powerful engine. I will disagree that it is the only reason. Just as I disagree that you can't run duals without risk. Everything just needs to be understood and made to work together.