Swole's Infamy of Carnage Continues!!

All 6 bodies are rebuilt. We did the work for cost to the original owner. I suggest you go to another vendor for your nozzles.
So work done at cost means work done half ass?Hmm...

This could be handled in a much better manner. Not in some open forum where the haters and other injector sellers can start more crap. I could have made you up a new ovate hole injector to replace the one that has round holes easily. Those will stomp the f'n guts out of any other injector for the 03-04 engine Good luck.

So if you could have made a new one for him, why didn't you Don? Hating is one thing, but having flow sheets and photo documentation of a bad injector is another. Its not hating, its fact. I doubt exergy has something to prove to you anyway, and very little to gain by having their name brought up in an open forum. Seems to me they do much more than just play in the injector market.

Soup Nazi- I dont know for sure, but maybe Joel was in the process of starting to do business with you, but just wanted to have your work double checked. There is nothing wrong with this. EVERYONE does this in the business world. But it is a good thing he did have it checked cause the job was not done correctly. maybe tell your install guys to better inspect anything theyre workin on.

IMO- I am the same way as Joel, i will only get burned by a shop once. There are no second chances. As soon as i get crapped on i spread the word. It is not my job to double check stuff, THATS WHY YOURE GETTING PAID!!

YEP! I do the same thing at my work! I'm currently working on a small project to spend about $30,000. that's freaking the business equivalent of a $5 lunch, "who cares" but I'm still putting multiple vendors in the ring to duke it out! :)

Read this:

Ovate in the Horizontal Plane - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

I never intended for you to have the ovate injectors. I built those for Kai. I had forgotten that Kai had those and had I remembered they would have never gone to you. Not because of you directly, but because I dont know you.

I am tightening up the ship on my end. A little on the QC side of things to catch this crap and a little on the 'what goes where' side of things. I can do this now and fix any issues we have quickly.

I want you to understand that the ovates are not sold anymore. They are leased or given away people to with the agreement to return them when they are done kicking everyones ass.

I'm done arguing. We are getting nowhere fast. I will try and take a deep breath before I answer emails in the future.

Do the ovate holes do the same in the 04.5-07 5.9s?

Glad to see this all worked out & in an open forum.
In the past 6 years ( F1)
Don, has steped up to the plate several times for me.
Putting his bottom line last & my injector & cam needs first.

But I wish it was easier the contact him. Don Please check your Sponsor Forum.

Glad to see this all worked out & in an open forum.
In the past 6 years ( F1)
Don, has steped up to the plate several times for me.
Putting his bottom line last & my injector & cam needs first.

But I wish it was easier the contact him. Don Please check your Sponsor Forum.

I already have you in mind. Trying to catch up a tad and will contact you.

Every injector they have ever received from us has been "bad" in one way or another.

Maybe you have somethin to learn

I'm done:blahblah1:
Back on the original topic now:
David how about those injectors buddy..huh? You excited? I bet they will be GREAT!!!

Man, you're a drama queen! bif

Still haven't answered a simple question, you can avoid the answer of nozzle variance, but what percentage of variance do you allow once your injectors are assembled? 3% - 5% - 7% or just whatever happens, because they are "blueprinted"?

Soup Nazi said:
When we do the reman, we use a stock nozzle to calibrate the injectors. This allows us to measure the injected quantity correctly for all injectors. After the reman job we installed the Flux nozzles and ship them out.

So you don't measure the injected quantity once your nozzles are installed.

Don,

You may Or may not want to answer this here but I'll ask anyway ( If not, just text me).

Are my sticks gonna be ovate and on loan? The G-14 classified chit?? lol

David,

The injectors we are building you may have the same outward appearance, but will most likely fail some injector testing parameters since all test programs are set up to measure stock injection quantities or amounts of fuel. They would be considered "rich" on all test benches even with stock nozzles installed.

On the ovate question: the ovate nozzles are a couple of years old. its is really an older technology and a few updates past what we are doing now. Your injectors will be unique, to say the least. They must remain in your hands or only be tested by Garmon. I dont want anyone getting these.

When you are done racing and playing around at the track, the injector bodies would need to come back to me to be turned back into a more stock like part so anyone could run them.

I recieved my report back on my flux 6.2s from the Bosch engineer i PAYED to have a 2nd opinion on.
Don you have a PM!!

These guys can run you a map for injected quantity vs energization time? What do they charge?

If you have any intention of running a stand alone in the future its handy.

I have been watching this thread to see if there is anything I could offer to help David. As most of the people here, I would really like to see David get on the race track and race, instead of spending all his free time working on his truck.

I have yet to melt a piston. I am making somewhat more hp then David is, and have made quiet a few more passes. I am running the ovate F1 nozzles, and have for over two years. That may contribute to me not melting pistons.

I have dropped valve seats or had them come loose after I started having the seats "rolled", to keep them from dropping. I think I have the cause of the seats dropping/coming loose fixed now, but until I can go a whole season without dropping one, will I claim victory. In any case this problem has nothing to do with the fuel system or David's problems.

I personally do feel that David's problems have been related to rail pressure problems. I do not run a pressure box. I usually run rp3 on the smarty when racing and stock on the street (make me feel better). No stack. My PRV is still the stock one, though I would like to try one of TCDiesels.

The one thing that keeps crossing my mind, is that I probably do race differently then David does. I have almost 2000 passes (should hit that this weekend) on my Vp44 truck. Anyone that has raced a 12 second VP truck knows that you don't chop the throttle at the finish line. At least not if you don't want to bleed injectors in front of a bunch of people. Look in the door pocket of any 12second or quicker VP truck and you'll find a wrench to bleed the injectors. My point is, I ALWAYS roll off the throttle on both trucks, because it's just habit after so many passes. Maybe that helps keep the pressure spike down?

David, I really hope you get this all worked out soon, and can get back to the race track with your confidence back. Anything I can do, PM me, or call me.

Paul

Look in the door pocket of any 12second or quicker VP truck and you'll find a wrench to bleed the injectors. My point is, I ALWAYS roll off the throttle on both trucks, because it's just habit after so many passes. Maybe that helps keep the pressure spike down?

Common sense is so refreshing.

Look in the door pocket of any 12second or quicker VP truck and you'll find a wrench to bleed the injectors. My point is, I ALWAYS roll off the throttle on both trucks, because it's just habit after so many passes. Maybe that helps keep the pressure spike down?

Paul

I always tried to do the same thing when pulling -- even if it'd piss the flagger off.

Not really practical on a street driven 6-speed.

About the valve seats... Have you pressed in larger seats with a tighter squeeze/press. IIRC, factory press is like .003.

Don,

Okay. Fair enough. I do still want to be able to daily drive / light tow though. Hope these can do that too. Otherwise, they sound great!!

PaulB,

Thank you Sir for the offer to help!! I will always try to remember to lift slowly from now on. Thanks.

I always tried to do the same thing when pulling -- even if it'd piss the flagger off.

Not really practical on a street driven 6-speed.

About the valve seats... Have you pressed in larger seats with a tighter squeeze/press. IIRC, factory press is like .003.

Yes to both larger and tighter. End result is .003 seems to be fine, but use some way of retaining the seat. My preferred is to have them rolled. Less seat distortion, and seems to seal better with heat changes. Pinned or screw in seats also work.

Dropping the seats are a symtom of a problem, and not the real problem. There are a lot of people that realize this, and everyone is working on correcting the real problem. I do not want to state a theory, until I know it is true, and I have a fix. I will say though that in the mean time, use some method of retaining the seats, so that it will limit the amount of damage. Also as DonM has stated many times spray water and keep the egt's down. Replacing the stock CR cam will also help, especially on 04.5 - 07.

David, sorry for the highjack. I don't think this is in anyway related to your problem.

Paul

Wow!!! If I thought for one second my injectors would cause such a ruckus I would have kept them!!

Sounds like Don and Joel have things worked out now.

Sorry for the hi-jack David and good luck with your build.

YUP!!

I saved a lot of money by swithching to Geico!!!

LOL

Still waiting on injectors.

LOL LOL Yeah but the way they looked and the descripcion of them its definately gonna be worth the wait ... but now that your gonna be runnin like a big boy have you given any thought to *nx* if you have checked the CF lately a few more have builds that are including it ... so it just has me wondering if you wanna play big time now since Don has graciously donated the big hammers LOL