Texas Diesel Nationals April 10th 2010

You know what this means.......

See y'all in a few hours.

Attachments

• IMG_4000.jpg
    IMG_4000.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 75
LOL, I think I just passed that same spot! Unfortunately I'm a passenger on the way to get another diesel rental pickup, after someone screwed up and rented mine out before I got there. Still plenty of time to get to the track tonight though. Hopefully DirtyMax will be there in time to make some test hits tonight too. Still has a messed up trans brake (so I get to footbrake again), but it has some neat-o secret squirrel stuff that is new this year, that should make for a much faster ride (or smoke the tires trying).

Well. Finally getting to leave. Had to work on a d max earlier and that put us a little behind schedule. But we are rolling now.

For you guys that have never been here, This is a super nice track! Lots of room, super smooth launch pad, cool track manager (cute, too!!)
...gonna be a great event!

Dang alot of folks come from all around!!! I'm really missing out. Only two hours away too!!! Well guess I'll see yall at TS!

Any test passes from deranged yet????

And that's it unfortunatley.....cell phone conversation was one of those every other word deals.

Well it didn't take long for the carnage to begin. My buddy that followed me up here in his D-Max blew his engine on his 4th pass. Luckily we already have a trailer on the way. He's pretty bummed out about it. But nothing a little more whiskey can't solve though.

Made 3 passes, had a break issue pushing through the beams, got that figured out, then richard went for his second run, did a big burn out and it just quit! Towed off the track, and hooked up the computer. Looks like a bad ipr. Hopefully someone brought the tool to get it out. I think i have another, but not sure. Pulls hard on fuel only, and runs smooth as hell. Very stable down the track. More tomorrow.

Should be a great even. I have a video of the first pass it made basically 60ft on my phone but have no idea how to get it on here?

INDY

MIKE HOPE TO SEE U AT INDY WE WILL BE CAMPING AGIAN:charger:
LOL, I think I just passed that same spot! Unfortunately I'm a passenger on the way to get another diesel rental pickup, after someone screwed up and rented mine out before I got there. Still plenty of time to get to the track tonight though. Hopefully DirtyMax will be there in time to make some test hits tonight too. Still has a messed up trans brake (so I get to footbrake again), but it has some neat-o secret squirrel stuff that is new this year, that should make for a much faster ride (or smoke the tires trying).

MIKE HOPE TO SEE U AT INDY WE WILL BE CAMPING AGIAN:charger:

Cool, please save some gator for me! I think my daughter still doesn't believe me that I ate gator that night ;)

I was surprised I didn't see more people making passes last night, considering how many diesel trucks were here already. As one person put it "I'm not sure how many passes she has left in her", or in other words saving it for race day! I was hoping to get in a lot of passes to push the rental truck into regen before race day. So far it was running very consistently, we'll see how it does today. Hopefully Tim is able to get Deranged running this morning with the new IPR. I was glad to finally see the truck in person, it seems like I already knew every detail on the truck from seeing it built up here. OTOH Tim may still be asleep, seeing as how they all headed out for food at about 2:00 am!

Back