Texas Dyno Results

Wrightman

I heard everything is bigger in Texas. That doesn't pertain to HP I guess. It is a shame that everyone complains that there are no events around for them and then no one shows up. Here are the #'s from the 19 Trucks who support events. HP First

James Jones_____94 Dodge:______417.32 / 924.67
Tyler Schmidt____05 Dodge:______503.29 / 1066.53
Eric Denissen_____03 Dodge:______582.40 / 1131.28
Scott Lattimer____06 Dodge:______419.30 / 817.15
Brett Duke_______01 Dodge:______419.57 / 849.89
Richard Gibson ___05 Dodge:______386.99 / 786.44
Krystal Collins____07 D 6.7 :______396.63 / 1006.94 ?
Jeff Coale________05 Ford:_______224.58 / 415.64
Mark Holman_____01 Dodge:______527.26 / 1039.70
Edward__________07 Chevy:_____299.13 / 537.12
Mitchell McCoy___07 D 6.7 :______373.70 / 682.37
Tom Wiseniske____06 Dodge:_____393.16 / 732.58
David Priour______99 Dodge:_____475.65 / 928.19
Brandon Russell___04 GMC:_______494.69 / 937.33
Justin Mack______01 Dodge:______479.92 / 993.94
Brandon Hartman__04 Dodge:_____625.30 / 1165.76 NOS
Trey Bates_______98.5 Dodge:____336.05 / 664.01
Shane Wright_____99 Dodge:______321.72 / 660.10
Benny Kimbrell____06 Chevy:______417.33 / 811.93

Last edited:
There was plenty of high horse trucks on the track! Most of the big dogs will be in Austin next weekend.

Who won the purses?

sorry dude that every 900+ horse truck in the state of Texas didn't drive all the way to Dallas for purseless dyno. All those guys are waiting for Austin next weekend. Us that did attend, appreciate y'all coming out but you sure as hell don't gotta complain about it.

sorry dude that every 900+ horse truck in the state of Texas didn't drive all the way to Dallas for purseless dyno. All those guys are waiting for Austin next weekend. Us that did attend, appreciate y'all coming out but you sure as hell don't gotta complain about it.

Hey man not complaining about the people that did show just the ones that always complain about not having any events to go to. I am glad you showed up and there was a purse if you read the thread about the dyno. It wasn't much but there wasn't much there either. If we dynoed every truck in the lot then I would give a good purse. I am not only talking about the dyno the whole attendence in general.

Don't get me wrong I am grateful to the people that did show. Just curious to where are the people at in general. We went to phoenix a few weeks ago and there was no one there either.

We showed up, didn't race or dyno but we had a good time. Its a first time event and as long as its re-occuring the attendance will be more and more every time. The ODRA event in alvarado had a pretty low attendance when it first came around but it had a pretty good turn out last time.

what did you put down WRIGHTMAN?

I had plans on being there but I ended up being in Michigan for my Grandfathers funeral today. I know of three other guys that where going to be there and they ended up haveing to work and couldnt make it,and one other who is still waiting to get his motor back together(he made over 1000hp last year).

And yes there where 72 trucks that dynod in Alvarado

Im also a sled puller so I dont really care what kind of #s I put down on the dyno as long as I can consitantly win while pulling. but I was going to come out and support fellow diesel truck owners.

Its still early in the year and the weather sucks right now...

The weather played a big part on this event. So did it being the first year and that there was a dyno last weekend and a even bigger one next weekend. It will begin to grow more and more every year.

I heard,through the grapevine and also by a little birdy,that the dyno operator didn't know how to run the dyno AT ALL.I wasn't actually there so I wouldn't know but I know at least one of those trucks put down 100 HP less than what it had pulled on every other dyno it had been strapped down to.Again,this is just hearsay from a little birdy but the numbers really tell the tale.Thats all I'm going to say.....

to me it seemed like the operator knew what he was doing, so I wouldn't say that would be the reason for low number trucks. Just alot of the guys with the big hp trucks are waiting or the dyno in Austin

very bad timing for NHRDA.....too many diesel events too close together...and the other 2 have been established in Texas for years. No sled pulling was another big factor. Theres a couple of sled pulling associations that could have really helped attendance. There was also confusion about the cancellation of Friday's test and tune.

I want to know what happened to all of those out of state people talking about driving a long way? Yea i saw some out of state people, but not as many as i would have guessed to see based off of this forum.

Well I think the dyno operator had NO CLUE how to dyno a standard transmission truck. He was dynoing all of them in overdrive gear. If he did know what he was doing he would do it in direct drive not overdrive. Every standard trans that i talked to said they too dynoed in overdrive gear. I was not going to argue with the operator because it was his dyno. That could have screwed up my truck and everybody elses. The only trucks that got true #s were the automatics.

Well I think the dyno operator had NO CLUE how to dyno a standard transmission truck. He was dynoing all of them in overdrive gear. If he did know what he was doing he would do it in direct drive not overdrive. Every standard trans that i talked to said they too dynoed in overdrive gear. I was not going to argue with the operator because it was his dyno. That could have screwed up my truck and everybody elses. The only trucks that got true #s were the automatics.

Theres that little birdy!All in all,I would say that it was a good event,considering the weather and all.Just wish we could have seen some better numbers...Congrats on the new times,BUS!

No need at all in bashing the dyno guys! They deserve some credit for driving all this way to try to help out the texas events.

Also I think alot of the guys that were going to drive from out of state changed there minds when they seen how bad the weather was they didnt wanna drive all this way just to get rained out.

Oh im not bashing im just saying that he could have really screwed up alot of the standard trucks. He also told me that he had just bought the trailer not even a month ago so idk if he had alot of experience with a dyno.

If I am correct I remember seeing that the dyno purse was 75 dollars? Isnt that just like getting your money back?

Kinda hard to expect some of the higher hp trucks to run for that small of a purse when there is a huge dyno next weekend in austin like others have stated.

Maybe I should have jumped on the dyno to back up some of my numbers..

2nd fastest bus in Texas now! good job Scott!:nos: I am hoping to get my traction bars and slicks on before the next race and maybe run with ya on fuel only but as for now 12.6 is all she's got on #2 only!