Texas Dyno Results

you should do fine with just bars, morkable doesn't have slicks and he's in the 10's iirc. I think both of us on fuel would be a damn good race, cuz that's about what I'll run. I got home and realized I had an extremely small jet on the nitrous. This thing has high 11's in it how she sits

Well all I remember hearing was for the highest hp you got a t-shirt and a sticker so i dont see any reason for the big hp trucks to dyno. My friends and I were just curious to see what my truck would do after some of my mods in the past year thats why I did it, but when you add mods arent you supposed to gain hp not lose hp.

oh and my earlier posts may have seemed like I was bashing the event... But I'm not . I had a blast! It will only get better in the years to come, and I'm proud to be a nhrda member! Thanks for everyone making the trip!

Well I think the dyno operator had NO CLUE how to dyno a standard transmission truck. He was dynoing all of them in overdrive gear. If he did know what he was doing he would do it in direct drive not overdrive. Every standard trans that i talked to said they too dynoed in overdrive gear. I was not going to argue with the operator because it was his dyno. That could have screwed up my truck and everybody elses. The only trucks that got true #s were the automatics.

Sounds to me like you you don't know much about running a manual trans on an inertia dyno. You will see a much lower number in direct. For the auto trucks do you think they were in direct, I don't. Also can you explain to me how to damage the truck in overdrive?

Sounds to me like you you don't know much about running a manual trans on an inertia dyno. You will see a much lower number in direct. For the auto trucks do you think they were in direct, I don't. Also can you explain to me how to damage the truck in overdrive?

:eek:wned:

I heard everything is bigger in Texas. That doesn't pertain to HP I guess. It is a shame that everyone complains that there are no events around for them and then no one shows up. Here are the #'s from the 19 Trucks who support events.

how about the guys that drove from Washington/Oregon State?

I could have been there...but I hadn't seen my fiance since the day after Christmas so I decided to spend the time with her.
She does things that make me one hell of a lot more happy than standing around freezing with all you tards. LOL

And yes there where 72 trucks that dynod in Alvarado

I don't think anyone in Dallas complains about events. ODRA has been holding big events for years in DFW all year round. You have competition when you come here. It would be in NHDRA's best interest to schedule around ODRA. I'm being nice when I say NHDRA help a good event in DFW. We have more turnout every other month at the local 1/8th miles, and it's not because 1/8th mile is preferred. Good luck with future events. I neglected to run my slow ass Ford because this was a national event. lol. My turd would have been deep in the slow ass bracket rounds. Especially considering the trucks that were fast were braking out with 5 truck length leads on the competition. :doh: It was humorous.

I'll be back next year. But I hope you market this event as a qualifier or something other than a national event.

Last edited:
I wonder why NHRDA did not get together with ODRA on this event..There is always a great turn out with those guys. Not sayin the NHRDA event was a bust just sayin thought it was odd they did not include the local club with a big member count..

Well Mr 5150 i do know a little something about dynoing a standard transmission you know since i have one. You get better more accurate #s in a direct drive not a cruising fuel milage gear. And as for the automatic trans they were starting their dynos in overdrive then got on it and downshifted into direct drive therefore becoming a 1:1 gear wouldn't it??? Im not trying to bash on anyone but the guy was just not being fair to everytruck. Also what does it matter what kind of dyno it is you always get more accurate #s in 1:1.

Well Mr 5150 i do know a little something about dynoing a standard transmission you know since i have one. You get better more accurate #s in a direct drive not a cruising fuel milage gear. And as for the automatic trans they were starting their dynos in overdrive then got on it and downshifted into direct drive therefore becoming a 1:1 gear wouldn't it??? Im not trying to bash on anyone but the guy was just not being fair to everytruck. Also what does it matter what kind of dyno it is you always get more accurate #s in 1:1.

If you have a downshift in an automatic you will get a inaccurate up reading due to the shift spike

All the more reason dyno competitions are bunk. Dynos are for tuning.

It's too easy to make the results you want in competitions.

I wonder why NHRDA did not get together with ODRA on this event..There is always a great turn out with those guys. Not sayin the NHRDA event was a bust just sayin thought it was odd they did not include the local club with a big member count..

Tried to.

Just curious just how many times have you dyno'd your truck before?

You son are a nimrod!!:hehe:

Inertia dyno (Dynojet) you should ALWAYS run in overdrive auto and standard, and NEVER let an auto downshift!

Load dyno (Mustang/Superflow) you should run in 1:1.

Inertia dyno (Dynojet) you should ALWAYS run in overdrive auto and standard, and NEVER let an auto downshift!

:thankyou2:

I'm not a dyno genius, and did not know this. That's why i don't make comments like GREATWHITE:hehe:

The guy running the dyno was cool as he!!. Very nice, patient, and i can see why he's upset.......he drove from Cali. All 4 ppl i came with dyno'd, some cuz we really wanted too and others to try n get ppl to come watch the dyno more. I had a blast and hope that NHRDA will be bigger every year.

Yeah if you paid attention you would have noticed everyone with an auto that downshifted got another run because you don't want it to. Also, direct dive is preferred with gassers but since the inertia dynoes don't load the truck enough your highest gear is preferred in a diesel. The guy that ran the vette made like 380 in 5th and 404 in 4th because 4th is 1:1 in a T-56 and 5th and 6th is OD. BTW where is my T-shirt? LOL