Texas Dyno Results

LOL Looks like you found the search feature:hehe:

Pretty difficult to be hard on parts with your whopping 475 "accurate" HP:poke::hehe:

When you can make twice your current HP and get a thousand or so more dyno runs under your belt, feel free to tell me all about it:kick:

Well seeing how Im still on my original engine and not my 15th shows I do know a little something about driving or putting parts on my truck. As for the doubling the hp I dont have thousands of dollars like you do to put into many different engines. I like the engine I have now.

Well seeing how Im still on my original engine and not my 15th shows I do know a little something about driving or putting parts on my truck.

I forgot..............changing injectors and a turbo is like Brain Surgery:doh::hehe:

Boy, you are way too witty for me:bang I'll leave now and let you continue to "school" us with your apperent vast knowledge of parts swapping and dyno's:hehe:

By the way..........Welcome to Comp D and continue to attend events!!!!!:rockwoot:

Thanks for making my point. Dyno competitions don't make sense to me.

Sure, a dyno day can be a good time when you can sit around and talk sh!t about someone with 1000HP license plates puttind down low 400HP numbers, but to actually pay out cash for highest HP? No thanks.

First of all, when a guy I don't know jumps in my trucks and controls it during the "competition", it stops becoming a competition.

thankfully the majority of dyno operators will let you dyno truck because I do think the "driver" can create higher numbers knowing when their turbos light and how the truck runs

thankfully the majority of dyno operators will let you dyno truck because I do think the "driver" can create higher numbers knowing when their turbos light and how the truck runs

I had that problem with my white truck hardly any of the operators could spool it right so i finally told my self that im gonna dyno them and if they wouldnt let drivers do it well then they didnt get my money. On th other hand i know there are some people that just dont know how to dyno there trucks at all.

Wait Wait Wait...I believe I have figured out you reason for dynoing lower after putting more mods on....Did you take any stickers off after adding the mods? Ive heard on performance vehicles the quality and quantity of stickers on your truck can make upwards of a 200 hp difference.

Wait Wait Wait...I believe I have figured out you reason for dynoing lower after putting more mods on....Did you take any stickers off after adding the mods? Ive heard on performance vehicles the quality and quantity of stickers on your truck can make upwards of a 200 hp difference.

I personally think he could gain alot of hp with a banks/superchips sticker combo!

I personally think he could gain alot of hp with a banks/superchips sticker combo!

Even more power to be gained if they are installed on the side windows. It's a much more difficult install process than the back window but I heard the gain is well worth it.

what did you put down WRIGHTMAN?

I put down our shop and 6 days of travel with the dyno. This trip was a little to long to bring one of our shop trucks to for fun. We did bring one to PHX so that we could also participate in the event.

how about the guys that drove from Washington/Oregon State?

My Point was not to complain about the event or even the people that showed up to it. It just seemed like there was a lot of people who said they were coming and did not show up. Like I said before I am grateful to all who showed wheather they dynoed or not. Of course I would have liked us to dyno more trucks but I was disappointed in the overall turnout.

The GREAT WHITE HYPE. I let you download a couple of tunes, dyno in any gear you wanted and even have multiple pulls. Not to mention trying to find lug nuts for your wheels you needed to take off and use our jack. This is exactly why I let people dyno there own trucks.

It seems like the weather is a big factor on these events. I have personally been known to skip an event when it looks too iffy and it's a long drive (and it cost me the NHRDA championship in 2007 when two of those races didn't rain out). In 2008 I drove waaaaay too many miles to diesel events (well over 10k miles total), but "only" got rained out twice. At one summertime event I watched my friend Malcolm Cross (24VChevy) work his butt off into the evening because so many people wanted to dyno.

I was just curious - is it a liability issue with giving people the choice of running their own truck on the dyno?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Even more power to be gained if they are installed on the side windows. It's a much more difficult install process than the back window but I heard the gain is well worth it.

i got a bunch of stickers layin around if anyone needs em :hehe:

I was just curious - is it a liability issue with giving people the choice of running their own truck on the dyno?

Regards,
Michael Pliska[/QUOTE]

If it is we take that chance because I encourage everyone to dyno there own truck. I like to drive it on to the dyno because I have done it enough that it usually lines up correctly but I get less whining when someone runs their own stuff.

well guys this event happened.
none of us could control the weather, although if i could the last 10 days would have been the time for me to do it. I title sponsored a first year event, and am in the middle of trying to get my check ride done for my pilot license this wind has f@cked my fun for sure!

i think for all the events i have shelled out thousands in diesel, vendor space hotels, tires, drove thousands of miles it was a success. i know it would have had 5 times the croud if the weather was 20 degrees warmer and had 10knots less wind!

the whole weakend i was thinking the guy with the dyno must be a good guy or a diesel freak to drive that far. good job guy with the dyno!

one thing i know for sure to own a dyno you must have a thick skin cause seems like someone always *****es because someone has more hp.

The GREAT WHITE HYPE. I let you download a couple of tunes, dyno in any gear you wanted and even have multiple pulls. Not to mention trying to find lug nuts for your wheels you needed to take off and use our jack. This is exactly why I let people dyno there own trucks.

I wasnt trying to be rude i just didnt understand why to dyno in overdrive that was my only question. I have never heard of that like i said im not a professional like everybody else. I really do appreciate you letting me do that and trying to find me lug nuts, and like i said i wasnt trying to be rude towards you or your crew it was just odd to me. To be honsest i didnt see bigger numbers in overdrive I noticed bigger in direct. Like i said i do appologize if i offended you and your crew, but if anyone could explain to me and not laugh or argue with me about it that would help me greatly to i could know for future refrences.