Texas Dyno Results

I could have been there...but I hadn't seen my fiance since the day after Christmas so I decided to spend the time with her.
She does things that make me one hell of a lot more happy than standing around freezing with all you tards. LOL

is she standing behind u while u write this?:hehe:

Can someone explain this to me... How can I have pulled 475hp and 1238ftlbs in 4TH GEAR
Mods: 100hp injectors, edge comp box, 5in turbo back, fass 95

Recent pull 479hp 993ftlbs in 5TH GEAR
Mods: 150hp, edge comp, Hi tech 64mm turbo, 5 to 7in stacks, fass 95, stage 2 snow watermeth

If I am supposed to get more #s in overdrive how come my #s went down? In 3rd gear i have more torque multipication and in 5th you are making the engine work harder so it will not produce the same amount of power, so you make the pulls in direct so you are not overdriving the engine or underdriving it.

Can someone explain this to me... How can I have pulled 475hp and 1238ftlbs :hehe:in 4TH GEAR
Mods: 100hp injectors, edge comp box, 5in turbo back, fass 95

Recent pull 479hp 993ftlbs in 5TH GEAR
Mods: 150hp, edge comp, Hi tech 64mm turbo, 5 to 7in stacks, fass 95, stage 2 snow watermeth

If I am supposed to get more #s in overdrive how come my #s went down? In 3rd gear i have more torque multipication and in 5th you are making the engine work harder so it will not produce the same amount of power, so you make the pulls in direct so you are not overdriving the engine or underdriving it.

One is a Mustang, the other is a Dynojet.

Also, dyno's are tuning tools. Jumping around to different type dynos after changing mods proves nothing:poke:

:hehe:

Already and expert huh?:bang:hehe:

NOT SAYING IM AN EXPERT AT ALL, but all my pulls have been on an inertia dyno and always have done it in direct except for my most recent. Can you explain to me how my #s will decrease since ive put more mods on my truck??

NOT SAYING IM AN EXPERT AT ALL, but all my pulls have been on an inertia dyno and always have done it in direct except for my most recent. Can you explain to me how my #s will decrease since ive put more mods on my truck??

There is no way you did 475hp and 1238ftlbs on a Dynojet:doh:

I think its because you changd your exhaust!:cheer:

There is no way you did 475hp and 1238ftlbs on a Dynojet:doh:

ding ding ding... not even close to accurate, but i'll bet he's claiming it.

great white- i own an auto, does that mean i'm pro at dyno'ing an auto??

just laugh chris, because most of us are. that dyno you got is one of the 2 most accurate (by trap speed) dyno's i have ever seen.

i drove 1200 miles round trip to get there. i would have dynoed also but i had just enough money to get back home after paying for the races. i would have gotten mine dynoed if i had gotten a cash payout but its no big dea to me. sorry there were so few trucks but i blame the weather mostly.

Just because you have MORE mods on the truck doesn't mean that you WILL make MORE power. I have seen many people add to their trucks and loose power from where they were on their last setup. Yes dyno events are fun and I love to dyno my truck too, but I also have to agree with the comment that a dyno is a tuning device. If you want to know what kind of power you are putting down do it the "old fashion" way and use you 1/4 mile time and speeds to figure that out. As for the man who owns the dyno I wish I could have fit on there because I would have loved to see what my newest mods do. I personally didnt hear any complaints from anyone who did dyno and i would like to thank you for coming to this event and providing us with some side action away from the track. I hope that you're not too discouraged to come back to TX and do another dyno event. I like others blame the low attendance on : one- being the first year of an event and two- what i think to be the biggest reason THE STUPID WEATHER. Well to THEGREATWHITE01 I hope I didn't offend you or anyone else with my comments but jsut thought that I would give my little input. Come on down to Buda this weekend (April 4th&5th) and see what your truck does down there. I know there will be some good prizes as always and that dyno is usually right on the money from my experience.

ding ding ding... not even close to accurate, but i'll bet he's claiming it.

great white- i own an auto, does that mean i'm pro at dyno'ing an auto??

just laugh chris, because most of us are. that dyno you got is one of the 2 most accurate (by trap speed) dyno's i have ever seen.

Well actually it was accurate and i dont care if anyone believes me because i was there and saw the numbers my self so you can believe it or not. And as for you owning an auto, i never said iwas a professional dyno'er did I! All i was sayin is that I have never seen anyone dyno in an overdrive gear, its always been 1:1. And i was not trying to affend the dyno operator or anyone else who dynoed but that was just my opinion. Oh yea the numbers 475hp and 1238ftlbs are accurate

Accurate based on what?................... Because you liked them?:hehe:

Post the sheet ;)

better yet post a slip , dyno is just a guess 1/4 mile slip is the only acurate way to get a hp # i have witnessed many 650-700 hp ( acording to dyno ) trucks run 13's . I have only gained 10 hp in a 4th gear vs 5th gear dyno pull and i am always 50-100 hp short of what trap speed shows . trap speed shows 620hp at my weight , mustang dyno 522, dynojet 562 all uncorected within 3 days, same tunning.

Oh yea the numbers 475hp and 1238ftlbs are accurate

I don't know ya...so I definitely ain't mad at ya...but that TQ number is most definitely NOT accurate for that HP number....sorry.

Post up the sheet if you have it.

Greg......go eeeaaaassssyyyyyyyyy. LOL

You son are a nimrod!!:hehe:

Inertia dyno (Dynojet) you should ALWAYS run in overdrive auto and standard, and NEVER let an auto downshift!

Load dyno (Mustang/Superflow) you should run in 1:1.

Very well said

You son

First off Im not your son because BLOWING STUFF up is not in my genes so Id appreciate it if you would not insult me like that:thankyou2:

LOL Looks like you found the search feature:hehe:

Pretty difficult to be hard on parts with your whopping 475 "accurate" HP:poke::hehe:

When you can make twice your current HP and get a thousand or so more dyno runs under your belt, feel free to tell me all about it:kick:

Greg......go eeeaaaassssyyyyyyyyy. LOL

I don't know what gets into me Rich??:poke::hehe::hehe: