"The 2.6 right now is 3.0 undercover."

wow you guys just can't get enough of this can you :rules: i love to read all of this:bang

Probably a single 35x12.5 and maybe duals would have to be the factory size.

I don't know if that will help much a good puller can change air pressure and gearing to achieve the same results as running the bigger tires.

I don't know if that will help much a good puller can change air pressure and gearing to achieve the same results as running the bigger tires.

I imagine dual 315 in the back hook a little better than a single.

i agree if some people would make minor adjustments 2 their truck so they dont bounce the whole way down the track they would have a good running truck

u can have all the horse power in the world if u cant get it to the ground u dont have any thing not going 2 mention any names but it seems like they are the ones always crying

Hell why not make a rule that you have to run an open diff and stock axels.

Why not stop there maybe the 2.6 class should only be able to run 2nd gear.

Wait... Wait....

Not only 2nd gear but you have run 4:10 gears with stock size tires.

The possabilties are endless why not just use a spec tire like circle track racers.

What is the deal people???????:bang

Hell why not make a rule that you have to run an open diff and stock axels.

Why not stop there maybe the 2.6 class should only be able to run 2nd gear.

Wait... Wait....

Not only 2nd gear but you have run 4:10 gears with stock size tires.

The possabilties are endless why not just use a spec tire like circle track racers.

What is the deal people???????:bang

It is all possible, but if folks are wanting to limit the class, there are lots of ways to do it. Limiting classes isn't a bad thing, lots of motorsports do it.

The issue is finding something that is easy to tech, easy to enforce.

If limiting the tires is such a bad thing then why do lots of the gasser classes and tractor classes do it?

I understand the whole tire thing, but since my truck is a dually I wanted to ***** a little.

I imagine dual 315 in the back hook a little better than a single.

Yes they would and that is an easy fix for someone that doesn't have a clue how to set up a truck, but like I said a good puller can achieve the same results w/ air pressure and gearing changes to put the power to the ground. So I would say we would still have the same pullers dominating even w/ tire limits, because they would know what to do to make them work.

Yes they would and that is an easy fix for someone that doesn't have a clue how to set up a truck, but like I said a good puller can achieve the same results w/ air pressure and gearing changes to put the power to the ground. So I would say we would still have the same pullers dominating even w/ tire limits, because they would know what to do to make them work.

I totally agree, the folks who make the HP and know how to set it up will still come out on top, but it will reign them in some, which is what I thought the folks that were complaining about the current rules wanted.

I mean they don't tech turbos now, more turbo rules won't help.

WE did a phone poll on 2.6 class changes...you will be surprised with the results. Every NADM puller this year was called. Those that didnt call back, this is your chance to be heard!!

my thought is if its a dually run duals if its a single wheel truck run single wheel. That my only beef with the rules sleddy. I didnt call back got the message on the way to Scheid.

We dyno'd three covers back to back last week before scheid's and the clipped 3.0 to 2.6 wheel was down 50hp (just under 900hp) over the 3.0 to 2.6 bushed cover. The 2.6 with 100mm exducer made about the same as the clipped 3.0. The clipped charger still netted a 3rd place finish in 2.6 at Schied and a 1st place qualifier on day 1 and 2nd on day 2.

The clipped turbo rule will limit hp.. It's up to the tech guys to know wtf they're looking at instead of just sticking the plug in and saying "it don't fit ur gud to huk". We came to indy NHRDA with clipped wheels, sticking to the rules, but then we get up there and several stepped covers were allowed to pass.

IMO, knocking 50HP off of these trucks is a meaningless exercise that accomplishes nothing except funneling money to the turbo shops.

So...I'm still looking for some justification for taking the biggest pulling class and monkeying with the rules, causing large numbers of guys to have buy new covers and have their wheels modded, to reduce the power output ~5%.

BFWOT.

If the class was reigned in 150-200HP, I could see where that would significantly alter the landscape and prevent lots of broken parts, but we're still putting 50 ft. on JimEdBob's '94 cowchit 'Stroke with a chip.

Last edited: