"The 2.6 right now is 3.0 undercover."

Common sense? F that. How about some data proving your point?

Seems like 2.6 is one of the best attended classes anywhere and everywhere. The class is alive as hell!

You should slow up. I did not say it was not alive, but if you talked to as many competitors in the 2.6" class around the country as I do, you would recognize the overall consensus that things have gotten out of hand. The "Street Class" was reigned back a few years ago from 2.8" to 2.6". Why? Because of the increase in hp, plain and simple. As this sport progresses, the rules will also need to progress. One thing people need to realize is this, if the rules are changed, people will spend the money to meet the class rules rather than not pull, period.

You should slow up. I did not say it was not alive, but if you talked to as many competitors in the 2.6" class around the country as I do, you would recognize the overall consensus that things have gotten out of hand. The "Street Class" was reigned back a few years ago from 2.8" to 2.6". Why? Because of the increase in hp, plain and simple. As this sport progresses, the rules will also need to progress. One thing people need to realize is this, if the rules are changed, people will spend the money to meet the class rules rather than not pull, period.

OK, fair enough...but:

1) A subset of pullers always whine about the rules. It's a known fact. "It's out of control" translates to "I'm getting my ass beat, so I need a rule change to help my truck be competitive."

2) Those same subset generally don't have any really good ideas / consensus about which direction to head. Or, it's a good idea, but a total biotch to tech, so the orgs won't do it.

3) How about we just leave the rules alone, and spend the same dollars elsewhere, to make the truck better? Just sayin', not changing the rules may as well be a $500 bonus for everyone.

Matt I've pulled every year. Never took any time off other than for the engine swap.
Pain train I have no idea what your talking about at Washington. Did your ringer beat me or even get in the money?

Can't anyone read a track, and set there truck up for that track? What about learning to drive? I watch a ton of videos of pulls (including my own) just so I can compare and learn certain techniques. It is just crazy how many people can't drive or set up there truck. Trucks hopping down the track, complete lack of knowledge on tire pressure, not knowing what gear there truck can run on a certain type of track, not knowing how to leave on a certain type of track.

I dont know if any of this really has anything to do with this tread, but it sure as hell is just as important as how much horse power you make.

Truck set up and driving technique can make or break the out come of a pull no matter how much power you make. Sure if you make 200hp more than the rest of the trucks, you have a little cushion and can still do well and not have a clue what your doing.

If you finish top 2 or 3 in 2.6 for the year make a rule that you have to step up to the next class the next year.

Are there that many 2.6 trucks that travel the country and dominate the class at the national level pulls?

OK, fair enough...but:

1) A subset of pullers always whine about the rules. It's a known fact. "It's out of control" translates to "I'm getting my ass beat, so I need a rule change to help my truck be competitive."

Actually this is not the case, many are very competitive on the national level. Even though, they still feel like this class has gotten out of hand.

The people in the positions to make these changes know my thoughts on this.

Would it matter? I haven't seen one thread such as this make heads nor tails of any one thing.

Matt I've pulled every year. Never took any time off other than for the engine swap.
Pain train I have no idea what your talking about at Washington. Did your ringer beat me or even get in the money?

Is that the pull you got Calvin kicked out of the OPEN diesel class?

Is that the pull you got Calvin kicked out of the OPEN diesel class?

yea thats the pull he cried about :Cheer::Cheer:

Maybe if you guys knew what the rules were before you run your mouth you would know what you were talking about. So your saying a mod truck should run against 2.6 trucks? Yes If you want to look at it that way I did get him bumped up a class. He pulled against the trucks he should pull against. Crying, if Calvin wants to pick on street trucks to make himself feel better good for him.

Maybe if you guys knew what the rules were before you run your mouth you would know what you were talking about. So your saying a mod truck should run against 2.6 trucks? Yes If you want to look at it that way I did get him bumped up a class. He pulled against the trucks he should pull against. Crying, if Calvin wants to pick on street trucks to make himself feel better good for him.

LOL Maybe if you had been running NADM rules, it would have been rather obvious where he belonged LOL

If your out front, why would you want to have to spend money to take you backwards? I would say that would be the answer for most. Basically I imagine the poll results were the same, those folks already had NADM legal chargers, why would they want a rule that requires them to get a new charger?

I saw you responded to my post. Either I didn't explain myself well (very good possibility) or you missed my point. Instituting a restrictor plate would negate people have to buy, replace, upsize, downsize their charger. Hell you could run a current legal, or current illegal charger with a restrictor plate class. No changes to truck (assuming all else is legal) except for plumbing in the restrictor plate.

Most guys spend thousands of dollars and spend ALOT of time on their truck, but tell them they have to spend $5 and spend an hour because they need to change something and they CRY about money and time.

A restrictor plate could be made for less than $50 (if massed produced) and still turn a profit and be able to be installed in a few hours.

My bad I keep forgetting how f***ed up the rules are over in PA.

OPEN doesn't mean OPEN
AND
RWYB doesn't mean RWYB!!!

Still affraid some real trucks from OHIO might show upLOL

Sure it would. Being cryptic and all serves no real purpose either.

I'm glad to hear someone whom hasn't competed in the 2.6" class in 2yrs is well aware of what rule alterations are needed. Here is an idea, finish what you think will be competitive, take it to TN/KY and pull 2.6", see how you fare, then come back and tell everyone the rules should stay.

I'm glad to hear someone whom hasn't competed in the 2.6" class in 2yrs is well aware of what rule alterations are needed. Here is an idea, finish what you think will be competitive, take it to TN/KY and pull 2.6", see how you fare, then come back and tell everyone the rules should stay.

I'm glad to hear that someone whom has NEVER competed in truck pull, thinks he has even the slightest idea of what's going on. But I'll bet you're real good at selling parts.

All you do is talk to people. Thanks for playing, non-puller, good night!

I'm glad to hear that someone whom has NEVER competed in truck pull, thinks he has even the slightest idea of what's going on. But I'll bet you're real good at selling parts.

All you do is talk to people. Thanks for playing, non-puller, good night!

Never competed? Again, you talk of things you do not know. I think you are in over your head, but you talk a good game.