The compounds are coming.... The co...

SuperDave4x4

popcorn playa
It's FINALLY almost time! After many years of waiting and saving and spending what little money I had saved on repairs to the truck, I've finally kept it together long enough to be able to order some parts over the past several months. Now this isn't a monster set up with and s595 or anything but I think this should be a good pair for the street and towing with a VP.

Here's what I've got so far:

-357-65/12
-472-83-1.10
-Stainless Diesel Twins Piping kit in candy apple red
- two Isspro 100 psi boost gauges with gauge cups
- JGS drive pressure particulate trap

Things I'm waiting on:

-spring waste gate
-manifold gaskets
-parts for the heat exchanger relocation which if some can convince me to ditch it I may. That was the original plan but now I decided not too...I think. Any input on that guys?

One last question. The s472 has a divided exhaust housing am I going to loose anything by not having the undivided?

I post up a few pictures shortly.

image_zps733d53eb.jpg

image_zpsb869fe7b.jpg

image_zpsf8d4c451.jpg

Lots of twin setups run the divided housing, you'll be fine. If the flange on your hot pipe is open you can knife edge the divider in the exhaust housing to smooth out the flow a bit.

The flange is open.

Another thing that I noticed last night is that the spacer that goes between the manifold and secondary is undivided. Is that also nothing to worry about? It just seems to me that it would need to be divided since the manifold and secondary are divided. If that's not and issue either then I will knife edge both housings.

The flange is open.

Another thing that I noticed last night is that the spacer that goes between the manifold and secondary is undivided. Is that also nothing to worry about? It just seems to me that it would need to be divided since the manifold and secondary are divided. If that's not and issue either then I will knife edge both housings.

I would definitely get a divided spacer for the secondary. Thats weird they sent an undivided spacer, my friend bought a stainless diesel piping kit for his truck and it has a divided spacer.

I would definitely get a divided spacer for the secondary. Thats weird they sent an undivided spacer, my friend bought a stainless diesel piping kit for his truck and it has a divided spacer.

Get the divided spacer for the secondary.

Well Phuck.

Where's the best place to get one? I could trade some one a stainless diesel undivided spacer for a divided one.. Gaskets included.

Last edited:
Ok it may not be needed. I may have had a brain fart this morning when I was thinking about the spacer. The spacer and hot pipe are both painted black and the flange on the hotpipe is UNDIVIDED. So I may have been thinking of the spacer and looking at the hotpipe flange in my mind. I just got off the phone with Johnny and he said they make only one style of spacer which is divided... so it hit me then that I probably had a brain fart.

Also I was thinking last night (I really need to stop thinking) that I can just eliminate the Heat Exchanger completely and just run the one factory transmission cooler. Now during this coming summer when I pull my boat and my temps do get too hot I'll just go back and add the heat exchanger back in the mix, but relocated under the radiator. Or I could run another transmission cooler like a Derale or B&M.

One last thing to note is that Johnny is an extremely nice guy. No BS.

Ill have to schedule another LA trip to see this beast!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Ill have to schedule another LA trip to see this beast!

That's a big 10-4! Wait till it warms up some because the trout fishing sucks right now.

Speaking of beast...when are you hanging that new single????

That's a big 10-4! Wait till it warms up some because the trout fishing sucks right now.

Speaking of beast...when are you hanging that new single????

Its in the mail. I got my manifold and gaskets last week. As soon as it gets here ill be working on it!

No kidding, I have ridden in a 12v truck with similar size compounds(bd r700) and the low end spool was insane.

Its in the mail. I got my manifold and gaskets last week. As soon as it gets here ill be working on it!

That's what I'm talking about!

I like the one piece cold pipe.
I'll have to get me one in the future.

I do too. It just makes things look smoother under the hood.

that set should spool like.....yesterday...lol

No kidding, I have ridden in a 12v truck with similar size compounds(bd r700) and the low end spool was insane.

That's what I'm looking for! Daily driving is what these will be used for. As I said earlier, I'm just tired of this 64mm. When u pull my boat it's just aggravating because I have to drive with the OD off too keep the soot off of it.

Got the exhaust housings gasket matched along with wiring the two 100psi boost gauges. I ran the hoses as well but i need to make a mount for the drive pressure filter.

Last edited:
That's what I'm talking about!

I do too. It just makes things look smoother under the hood.

That's what I'm looking for! Daily driving is what these will be used for. As I said earlier, I'm just tired of this 64mm. When u pull my boat it's just aggravating because I have to drive with the OD off too keep the soot off of it.

Got the exhaust housings gasket matched along with wiring the two 100psi boost gauges. I ran the hoses as well but i need to make a mount for the drive pressure filter.

Your gonna like those twins, i also got rid of my 64/71 because i hated towing with it. So, i built myself a twin setup using an he341 secondary, and a Gt4294 primary. My two turbos are very similar in size to yours. I absolutely love my setup for towing, truck is a completly different animal.

He341 = 56/??/9cm

Gt4294 = 71/83/1.28

Both my turbos are also internally wastegated.

I would go ahead and knife edge the primary turbine housing divider.