The compounds are coming.... The co...

Well I just got home to find a Summit Racing box at the door. I open it. Wait... Wait for it... Wait..... They're phuckin blue...AGAIN. I have horrible karma when it comes to working on my truck. LOL at this point it's just funny and I think I'm loosing my sanity. LOL

Haha Summit sent a buddy of mine .060 over BBC pistons last week when he ordered std bore. He called them and they said it was their mistake. They said they would ship out the std ones and he could just switch them out. He received the new ones last night and they are .060 over again :bang. Kinda makes a guy wonder doesn't it.

Haha! That ain't worth a flip!

Well the chick at summit is supposed to overnight them to me because I told I HAD to have them(and I do). I've got to remove the heat exchanger and only want to drain some of the trans fluid one time.

I'm getting pretty pumped about the install tomorrow afternoon.

As for the spring gate, the directions say 5 or 6 Turns IN. So I set it at 5 and I'll go from there.

I need to dig up that Tuning Twins thread and try to figure out the math on where I should set these turbos at.

I'll give you some advice. Don't worry about numbers as much as how it drives. Tune it to where it drives the best. Only worry about numbers when you have an overspeed situation or crazy extreme drive pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the divided spacer for the secondary.

Why the divided spacer aposed to an open one on primary?

Superdave when you say 5 to 6 turns is that when the bolt meets the spring then 5 turns? I got a spring gate and I know it's way tighter then that.

Get the divided spacer for the secondary.

Why the divided spacer aposed to an open one on secondary?

Superdave when you say 5 to 6 turns is that when the bolt meets the spring then 5 turns? I got a spring gate and I know it's way tighter then that.

I went 5 turns in from when the bolt came in contact with the spring. I'm showing roughly two threads on the bolt before it goes into the nut

Oh and here's and update on Summit Racing. The girl told me last night that the tube nuts would be overnighted to me and I checked the tracking number this morning... 2 DAY AIR and they deliver on MONDAY! I just called summit and went off on Dwayne. He told me "you want us to pay more in shipping than the tube nuts are worth!?" I said mPhuxker I ordered these last week and I still haven't gotten the right ones. If y'all had sent the correct ones the first time around we wouldn't be having this conversation. Not to mention I was told by your fellow employee that they would overnighted.

The tub nuts will be overnighted to me and here tomorrow but I bet money that they are gonna be blue.

What a great start to Friday. I'm a Jegs guy now.

You'll go back to summit; jegs website and many of their products' prices suck.

FWIW, I always just reorder (or buy extra on the original purchase) the smaller, cheap items for some 'insurance'. What's $6 for a few extra sets of nuts and sleeves compared to the heartache of waiting dayyyyys. just my 0.02

(BUt that's probably also how one becomes a pack rat....)

You'll go back to summit; jegs website and many of their products' prices suck.

FWIW, I always just reorder (or buy extra on the original purchase) the smaller, cheap items for some 'insurance'. What's $6 for a few extra sets of nuts and sleeves compared to the heartache of waiting dayyyyys. just my 0.02

(BUt that's probably also how one becomes a pack rat....)

I usually do that too. My original order was over 200 bucks but I had to stop myself and got it back down to $109.

It wouldn't have mattered if I ordered 5 pairs of Tube Nuts because they all would have been blue. I guess they put the wrong parts in the wrong bins??

The packing slip has had the correct part number on it 2 times now, but its been wrong every time. LOL

Why the divided spacer aposed to an open one on secondary?

To retain the benefits of a divided scroll housing. His super B has a waste gate puck for each side so there is no need to open the housing like with an hx35.

Well the exhaust manifold has a small crack about 1" long on the bottom side. I knew I should have saved up for a new manifold. Oh well.

Should I just run it the way it is or try to put some JB weld on it?

Also is there any particular place to drill and tap for the DP gauge?

I really didn't want to reuse the EGT location because it will be on the front 3 cylinders instead of the back three but I'm hesitant to keep drilling in it. Not I mention the probe will be on the bottom and a pain to get too. Any input on this?

Ill be pulling off an ats t3 manifold next week if you want it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Well I'm at a stand still. Waiting on parts.

Trans lines have been cut and just waiting on the tub nuts so I can flare the ends. Coolant lines have been plugged in case I need to install the heat exchanger back in. Manifold has been tapped for the DP gauge. I softened up the edges on the manifold but didn't want to spend too much time on it since it's being replaced in the near future. Oil lines and drains have been installed and the S300 drain that's included in the kit is about a mile long. LOL

Head gaskets aren't here either unless the mail/ups guy put them in a place I can't see??

I've temporarily hooked up the trans lines with hose and 4 stainless clamps. I hope it holds.

Going to top off all the fluids and try to find some manifold gaskets locally so I can put this thing back together.

If anyone knows how to get ahold of Snedge let me know please!

I've temporarily hooked up the trans lines with hose and 4 stainless clamps. I hope it holds.

Going to top off all the fluids and try to find some manifold gaskets locally so I can put this thing back together.

If anyone knows how to get ahold of Snedge let me know please!

Call Mumau Diesel and ask for Jeff.

Been calling all morning.

Call Mumau Diesel and ask for Jeff.

They must be closed today. I've called both numbers, emailed and PM'd.

They must be coming UPS because the US mail came but no gaskets.

I called summit to ask for a tracking number for the black tube nuts and I **** you not they are still looking for them. He said the order was on hold but it shows UPS Saturday delivery next day. LMAO I'm glad I've already temporarily put the lines together. :rockwoot:

Back