The compounds are coming.... The co...

Phatboy, bet with that 9cm housing it's got some killer low end!

creed, I massaged the divider already. ;)

I keep walking out to much truck just looking around wishing I was taking the old stuff out!

Question.. Do any of y'all put any type of anti seize on exhaust housing bolts, manifold bolts or between the cartridge and exhaust housing?

I know that when I took my HX35 apart it was a bittch to separate the exhaust housing from it. Also I'm curious as to how stubborn the manifold studs are going to be and wether or not it's acceptable to put anti seize on them when I reinstall it.

I use it when I can. I work for a guy that would put it on everything though, so I'm used to it. I like the stuff.

I've got some that's copper based as is good for 1800 degrees. I just didn't know if anyone does this. I've never read about anyone using it during installs.

Every nut or bolt that goes back into anything I work gets some type of locktite, sealant, or antisieze on the threads. Always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way i see it, egt's may get up to 2000+ degrees, but your gonna have to be pushing your truck pretty hard for the heat to soak into the bolts around the housing. Just my opinion though.

I've always put some sort of anti seize on my exhaust bolts. The bolts stay tight, but they crack loose so much easier when the time comes.

My Summit Racing order came in last night so I've got my fittings, hose and tube flaring tool. The only issue I had was that they sent me blue tube nuts instead of the black that I ordered. Thank the Lord they stay open late as I called Summit so they could correct my order and they sent the correct ones out to me ASAP.

I'm still waiting on my spring gate and gaskets that SD sent out to me last week....

^I love summit for that reason. Bought a couple bags of cushion clamps for my trans swap, and they shorted me a bag (the ONLY thing without a barcode label in my entire order). The guy overnighted me the 2nd bag without any hassle.

Found my box from Stainless diesel. The girlfriend brought it in and never told me about it.

Opened the box thinking I was getting the spring gate AND the manifold gaskets I paid for... Nope. I find a spring gate inside bubble wrap along with two pieces of what appears to be trash.

So my twins install is on hold due to me not having these gaskets.

This has been a miserable twins piping kit buying experience.

Any auto parts store will have or can get stock manifold gaskets

10-4 on that. Going to wait to hear from them tomorrow before I go that route.

My guess is that they had couple boxes of spring gates to be shipped out and mine got labeled to go to the wrong person. So potentially someone else got my order.

PM Snedge, he has gaskets in stock that are way better than anything you can get at the parts store.

PM Snedge, he has gaskets in stock that are way better than anything you can get at the parts store.

Ahh Snedge! Well I'm going to call SD this morning and if they can't get them to me tomorrow I'll call Snedge and have them overnighted.

Acutally I did. I ordered the Isspro Gauge pods from Genos. I saw what you were saying about them bulging and wanting to split the housing. It came with a plastic piece to use instead of the metal bracket and it holds the gauge in there perfectly. It has a hole in the back of the pod that a screw goes into and connects to the black plastic bracket that is fixed to the gauge.

I mounted them on the dash next to the lowest gauge on the pillar mount. I fill like a douche bag with them right there, but I plan on replacing my dash and when I do that I think I'm going to come up with a different A-Pillar design. I also wanted them close to my other boost gauge while I'm tuning these things in. For now I feel like the guy with the Civic who has gauges all over the place but the engine is stock.. LOL

Back