The compounds are coming.... The co...

Well fellas this isn't looking good, at all. No signs of the gaskets. Looks like I'll be bumbing a ride to work. This blows dick.

Just slap some copper coat on the old ones and stuff em back on there if you really need your truck.

I have reused my manifold gaskets many times unless there's something bad wrong they have always sealed fine my .02

I'll look at them closer in the morning but I know when I took them off they were extremely brittle and the 1 cylinder had a slight leak around it. NAPA can get them but it would be Tuesday before they could have them if the one set they showed at their warehouse is actually there.

I dunno what happened to the shipping because I had asked for them to be overnighted. I think the UPS is playing games. LOL

I'd just bolt it on and run till you have time to put them in if you are really in a blind. I have been in the same boat numerous times it sucks lol.

4 of the 6 are in fair condition but the other two have cracks on one side that go from the exhaust port to the bolt hole.

I think I have some grey RTV I can dab on there. This is so ghetto. LOL :(

I'd do it rite the first time man, its gonna be a pain pulling everything off again for ten bucks in gaskets....

I'd do it rite the first time man, its gonna be a pain pulling everything off again for ten bucks in gaskets....

I agree one million percent but my manifold is cracked so I've got to replace it anyways. That's the ONLY reason why I'm gonna put it back together with the old ones.

Ok, I just saw some three piece manifolds on ebay for 260

Last edited:
I have ran mine for along enough to forget that I didn't have gaskets at the time of install, and used high temp silicone.
Couldn't even tell until I pried everything apart. Lol

Well another setback. This down pipe isn't any where close to lining up to my exhaust. An I mean now where close. I need about 24" of flex to get it together. This is a joke. I've looked at it everywhicha way to get it to work and it's not gonna happen.

So I'll have to order a piece of flex if I can't find it locally tomorrow.

Maybe take a pic of how downpipe looks in truck and someone may be able to put a different perspective on it.

I just took it for a ride and am going to just drive it to work like it is. I only drove it around for a brief moment but this thing is so quiet. I love it. So far spool up has been good but tomorrow I'll be able to really see how it's going to be.

I'll try to get a picture but I've removed th FTE resonator so there isn't much to see as far as how it's misaligned. The down pipe is just shooting upwards toward the passenger floorboard. If I had a welder I could have removed it and cut through it to the point where I could bend it and just weld it back up.

image_zps4b637054.jpg

image_zpsf760775d.jpg

image_zpsbfef1195.jpg

image_zpsac71dba2.jpg

image_zpsc9b332e8.jpg

image_zpsd1630b17.jpg

image_zpsd0118003.jpg

Last edited:
I hope that hot pipe fit the back of the turbo tighter that it looks in the 4th pic

It fit just fine. If you look closer you'll see only one bolt holding it in place. Also at that point nothing was tightened down except for the S400 bracket.

How did the hot pipe fit? I had to ding in the firewall quite a bit when I did mine... Is the big pipe rubbing against your oil filter?

The hot pipe fit fine, but the down pipe I had to cut and weld up to get it align to the exhaust correctly.

When I installed the intake pipe it was touching the oil filter but I tried to situate it so that nothing was touching it when I tightened up the clamp. I haven't checked it since I installed it but will check it tomorrow morning. I just go back from out of town and the truck has been parked since last week.

Back