The first to 300 miles per hour

Of course this has been on my mind, for quite a while actually. With what has been achieved so far is great, however, there must be a change in fuel I believe in addition to the other needed weight changes among gearing etc.

So we haven't broken 230mph yet?

Fahlin, I don't think you understand the magnitude of gaining 70 mph on the drag strip. There are cars that use different fuel, weigh a lot less and have the correct gearing etc...... It's called Top Fuel. Let's shoot for a much more realistic goal and see if we can get in the fives and around 250 mph first.

Of course this has been on my mind, for quite a while actually. With what has been achieved so far is great, however, there must be a change in fuel I believe in addition to the other needed weight changes among gearing etc.

So we haven't broken 230mph yet?
Change in fuel to what?

The guys that are making 6 second passes aren't buying fuel at truck stops. Doesn't even look like the same stuff.

Neither has triple the energy content that we would need to get the required power to pick up 75mph in a standing 1/4 mile. Bio actually has less.

B100 is well known to increase hp by ~ 5%, and HV fuels have an advantage all their own. But I would tend to agree these alone will not bridge the gap.

Define power. Lower BTU + longer burn time I can see with torque but you need higher BTU/faster burn to spin RPMs.

Hp on the engine dyno, most pulling shops are well aware of this.

The issue is turning RPMs and carrying the power across it. May statement is still accurate.

It was actually Lynn Goodfellow driving.

A little correction here is needed. The Mormon Missile is owned by Lynn Goodfellow. The car has been driven by Lynn and Curtis both. Both have set records in the car. The 352 mph run was done with Curtis driving as was the current record runs in the car. I was a member of the team and present on the salt flats when both were done. These runs were made at the Mike Cook ShootOut.

Guess you have had more dyno time than Haisely Machine.

I don't need Haisleys Dyno to know diesels like to peak the torque ratings and then have it dropped off sharply.

Explain how a lower BTU fuel that burns slower helps to carry power longer when it has to ignite that fuel 25 times a second at 6k rpm. Piston is moving fast, burn time is decreased, more fuel is needed to achieve same power.

Bio is like E85.

Explain how a lower BTU fuel that burns slower helps to carry power longer when it has to ignite that fuel 25 times a second at 6k rpm.

Explain to everyone here why someone with zero dyno experience seems to know more than every pulling shop in North America. There are more factors than solely BTU content, seems to me there are people that would argue the sky is blue.

Explain to everyone here why someone with zero dyno experience seems to know more than every pulling shop in North America. There are more factors than solely BTU content, seems to me there are people that would argue the sky is blue.

You seem to discount the racing world. Getting an engine to live 300' is vastly different than 1320'.

Please explain how lower BTU and a slow burn time helps power at RPM?

Instead of the personal attack which you're quick to throw out when you don't like a question, throw some tech and teach people. You have time to insult, you have time to give credible information.

Getting an engine to live 300' is vastly different than 1320'.

Im not getting into your conversation but i'm going to go ahead and disagree with you on this by a long shot. How many deckplate engines making their way down the drag strip??????? How many split blocks in the drag world?

Last edited:
You have time to insult, you have time to give credible information.

For 12 years I have tried to educate people and give credible information that no one else is willing to share, where has it gotten me? It has only led to arguing with people like you, or anyone that can use Google. If you knew as much as you think you do, you would understand how the difference in liquid length plays into fuel density at high RPM.