The first to 300 miles per hour

Not that my heap is some big hp monster. But I ran Haisleys fuel they use all year and my truck made 50+ passes without a single issue. No deck plate or anything. Just head studs and fire rings.

EDIT: And that fuel looks nothing like diesel. Stinks and the additive burns your hands. Speaking from experience. LOL

Last edited:
The day a racing engine looses rpm at WOT, other than at shifts, is the day I'll believe the argument that a racing engine has a harder life than a pulling engine.

Fyi...nitro is a very slow burning fuel . it just has a really big long pow when it ignites

The day a racing engine looses rpm at WOT, other than at shifts, is the day I'll believe the argument that a racing engine has a harder life than a pulling engine.
I can't totally explain it but it's true , a drag racing motor goes through some dynamics that the puller guys never see. Im thinking that when the sudden solid shift occurs it yanks the motor down not to mention what tire shake does with the sudden load & unload of the motor

Last edited:
I can't totally explain it but it's true , a drag racing motor goes through some dynamics that the puller guys never see. Im thinking that when the sudden solid shift occurs it yanks the motor down not to mention what tire shake does with the sudden load & unload of the motor

Never though you'd be one to argue the sky is blue. LOL

But seriously, I don't doubt that each engine application has it's unique stresses. I just wouldn't be the one to say "hey, this engine can make 300 passes, you'll never hurt it hooked to a sled" or vice versa.

But seriously, I don't doubt that each engine application has it's unique stresses.

Logical conclusion, very little as to how the power is applied is similar. It's all about that Rev Gain bro.

Never though you'd be one to argue the sky is blue.

That comment was about disagreeing with the fact that B100 makes 5% more power across the board.

Im not getting into your conversation but i'm going to go ahead and disagree with you on this by a long shot. How many deckplate engines making their way down the drag strip??????? How many split blocks in the drag world?

Different applications, different stresses. "Live" might not have been the proper term. Build is what I should have said. Pullers start with a high RPM, low power and pulls the engine down into peak torque. Then as weight increases, you start losing traction.
Racing you start with as much power as the tires can take and accelerate the weight until a given point on the track. During the time you load the driveline and chassis as you go faster. At some point, the aerodynamics increase the stresses on the engine. It's also built to (hopefully) take rounds. It can do up to 5 or so rounds a day.

For 12 years I have tried to educate people and give credible information that no one else is willing to share, where has it gotten me? It has only led to arguing with people like you, or anyone that can use Google. If you knew as much as you think you do, you would understand how the difference in liquid length plays into fuel density at high RPM.

You just refuse to answer direct questions. No one has argued. I have asked question after question and you keep deflecting. You think I should be happy that you say that Haisley uses B100 and makes more power. I asked why.
Why don't you use laymen's terms and say it's like fuel droplets? Instead you jack people around and act like you're a god.

Not that my heap is some big hp monster. But I ran Haisleys fuel they use all year and my truck made 50+ passes without a single issue. No deck plate or anything. Just head studs and fire rings.

EDIT: And that fuel looks nothing like diesel. Stinks and the additive burns your hands. Speaking from experience. LOL

Doesn't sound like B100. Maybe at its core but it's masked. LOL

Fyi...nitro is a very slow burning fuel .

My understanding is that it's not slow to burn but has a low BTU. However you can get stupid AFRs out of it and pack it full of BTU for the given air. Iirc, it is oxygenated. So it burns fast and hot.

Why don't you use laymen's terms and say it's like fuel droplets? Instead you jack people around and act like you're a god.

I certainly do not think, nor act like I am a "god", I have spent a great deal of time and personal expense to help educate the public. You take offense to the fact I answer in short sentences, what you fail to realize is that it will do no good for me to entertain your comments, as you fully intend to argue until the sun burns out.

I am not going to discuss with you what others have learned the hard way, through much effort of their own, yet it astonishes me that you yourself would discount the information that was given simply because you do not agree.

Last edited:
Fuel

That's my problem I just get my fuel from giant eagle! Then load it with power service and roll! Lol has anyone ever played with nitro propylene? We use to fun it in the oil when they did fuel test. It would get up around the rings and add 15 or 20 on Na gas motor. It's very nasty stuff but will make some power.

I certainly do not think, nor act like I am a "god", I have spent a great deal of time and personal expense to help educate the public. You take offense to the fact I answer in short sentences, what you fail to realize is that it will do no good for me to entertain your comments, as you fully intend to argue until the sun burns out.

I am not going to discuss with you what others have learned the hard way, through much effort of their own, yet it astonishes me that you yourself would discount the information that was given simply because you do not agree.

Are you going to answer any technical question anyone asks? Or are you worried about your public image?

Not once did I discount B100 as making more power.

Fahlin, I don't think you understand the magnitude of gaining 70 mph on the drag strip. There are cars that use different fuel, weigh a lot less and have the correct gearing etc...... It's called Top Fuel. Let's shoot for a much more realistic goal and see if we can get in the fives and around 250 mph first.

That will be as we progress QuickKid. I understand that for one we have a resistance, a resistance that is compounded by rolling resistance AND aerodynamics regardless of vehicle. Weight has a great influence in any vehicle. If we grow in power we are obviously keeping friction horsepower at a standstill, for now. The fact that we can shed weight in engines on our rotating mass as well as chassis weight, body weight, yada yada yada. The race to 300 just may be a difficult one but I am no one to call it unrealistic, I shoot for goals and just come across whats on the way. Increment processes are fine, I just think as a whole.

Scooter's Roofing wrote
you got a mouse in that old chevy truck?
No, I have a few weeds in the wheel well.

Displacedtexan wrote
Change in fuel to what?
The thought I have on the fuel is reducing heavies within. Anyone who knows high rpm we need quick burn to keep pace with the rpm levels and still display the torque production within the usable window before blow-down. With operation over the band we need to contour how we employ the distribution of our combustion to mechanical to drive us. Schied's hot fuel or whatever it is, I was told by one of the employees is just Cetane added. The unfortunate thing is diesel having such heavy molecules. Granted we need the BTU, allowing the burn envelope to cover more densely as in higher energy release per degree, which diesel does, we need it in a different fashion than a 'street' engine. Quicker. We have more time to consume all oxygen present at low rpms plain and simple. Running something on the dynamometer you can read your torque curve, adjusting your cam and injections is what will teach each of us where you can best benefit, with adjustable injections why shouldn't we have a change in fuel. Its needed. Not this pump fuel that seems to roll and expand due to combustion flying into other WET droplets that either have no chance to evaporate or have barely started becoming gaseous and burning. The heavies are mostly the late-bloomers of combustion.

Pistons need to lighten up I know that, Cummins 5.9 compared to a Duramax? 2 lbs different just in factory? With heavy parts, more BTU is wasted pushing weight that should be whirling up in rpm. Think about it like this, heavy = heat absorption = slower until the 'momentum' of heavy parts has arrived. I don't want to sit and wait for a heavy rotating assembly. We are not pulling here. Pro Stock carb'd engines don't spin 10,000 for nothing. More rpm, more work done, more usuable output to put through the chassis to the ground no way around it in the same amount of time given from reaction time to the finish line.

Stingpuller, I have a couple friends who mention something like that to me, NP.

My view of the two loads between pulling and drag racing.

Drag racing, aerodynamics and rolling with high rpm operation, with each shift you get a droop, as you loose rpm also I believe it is a limitation in the setup causing a drop. I could be wrong in my interpretation. Every valve size will have a peak where it becomes less efficient once it has passed that particular point. Once that happens your cylinder charge usually is effected, being force-fed there may be a little cushion.

Pulling, you want a setup to keep momentum at the end of the pull, so you have a gradual build up of rpm for when you begin dragging the weight sled. Constantly being held back you have a increasing weight going against your tires, inturn, you have it moving backwards in the powertrain until you hit the crankshaft. Things slow down since momentum has become less.

There is a difference and John and Oldest hit on it, both resistances created become at different rates and produce different situations. Both are over a length of time, but, things are stressed differently especially in a I-6 or a V-8 engine configuration. The load that is applied narrows it down to two things IMO if you make everything else perfect. How do we make our Torque & Horsepower.

1.Induction charge quality
2.Combustion quality

Entailling, fuel quality is need to be addressed too.

So we have Duramax and Cummins 6BT etc, are there any other platforms that are being used?

Perhaps Smokem was referring to Latent heat of vaporization and Distillation curves, Oldest?

I believe piston crown design and how well it promotes easier cylinder evacuation has a role in our run for 300. The deep crowns I think keep spent gases in the chamber contaminating the next charge reducing our oxygen content mixing in with the plume causing a little confusion for the flow path of the flame to propagate properly to achieve what we want.

The deep crowns I think keep spent gases in the chamber contaminating the next charge reducing our oxygen content mixing in with the plume causing a little confusion for the flow path of the flame to propagate properly to achieve what we want.

Reversing the direction of the flame front would alter your perceived notion of this. Bowl depth is a necessary evil with the required valve reliefs.

Perhaps Smokem was referring to Latent heat of vaporization and Distillation curves, Oldest?

Vaporization is substantially slower in B100 vs standard diesel fuel, but as I hinted to earlier pertaining to the liquid length, most tend to forget the water content of B100. Just because the BTU content is less, does not mean the thermal efficiency cannot be equal.

Vaporization is substantially slower in B100 vs standard diesel fuel, but as I hinted to earlier pertaining to the liquid length, most tend to forget the water content of B100. Just because the BTU content is less, does not mean the thermal efficiency cannot be equal.

Why couldn't that be said earlier?

Building a pre-combustion Diesel engine right now... Should be 300 pretty soon...

Why couldn't that be said earlier?

You have made it a habit to reply to threads I comment in, claiming I intend to offer no honest information and demanding explanations. Yet you fail to realize that I tend to give people enough information to make their own conclusions without revealing too much of which I care to not share. It is not my job to lay all the facts out for you, I have offered far more than most in such a tight lipped industry, maybe try appreciating the info that is given rather than complaining about what isn't.

Last edited: