The first to 300 miles per hour

I'm just a spectator and am curious what hv80 fuel is?

HV100(high volatility) is comprised of 20% toluene and 80% heptane, this mixed at 4/1 would be HV80, so the end result per volume would be 80% HV100 and 20% B100.

For reference the fuel used in the turbocharged F1 engines in the late 80's was comprised of 80% toluene and 20% heptane.

I can see 250mph, but 300mph even with no class rules would be a stretch. Just for the sake of discussion, I have seen an iron-headed big block Chevy front-engine dragster weigh in at 1660lb with a skinny driver.

I got a set of injectors from a 3.0 puller a while back and that box reeked when I opened it up.

What is tuolene and heptane normally used for?

toulene is also used to strip or thin paint isn't it? My buddy used to mix it with gas for cheap race gas.

Funny thing is by adding all this and cutting DIESEL down to 20% or less then how can you call it DIESEL racing any longer? A simple industrial standard that is used, is you must have at least 50% to still call it DIESEL.

The gas racing went through this back in the early 60's and if you used these things in your gas you were moved into the FUEL classes. Most were final banned from gas racing across the board. Back then they went to a simple test for it all. You came to a race and your gas tank was emptied, you bought gas from the track supplier who put it in your tank and sealed it. At the end of the track after every race the winner was stopped and the seal along with vehicle weight was check before you went down the return road. If you got caught cheating you were ban for 2 races to start with and if you got caught three times you were ban for a year.

Anybody ever tried any etbe or mtbe as a diesel additive. Its formed as a chemical reaction between methanol and isobutylene or ethanol and isobutylne. Was a popular octane booster legal in the u.s. until the government put a rulling against it in favor of straight ethanol sales. The company I work for make it and ships it out to china. I'm not saying I could or could not get my hands on some lol.

Anybody ever tried any etbe or mtbe as a diesel additive. Its formed as a chemical reaction between methanol and isobutylene or ethanol and isobutylne. Was a popular octane booster legal in the u.s. until the government put a rulling against it in favor of straight ethanol sales. The company I work for make it and ships it out to china. I'm not saying I could or could not get my hands on some lol.

How does it combust compared to diesel?

:pop:

So from your experience Smokem you insist the vertical wall of the bowl MUST be in place at for any sort of useful combustion huh. I am sure the depth can be questionable however I am not sure if many have thought about the 'fly-cuts' be shaped in a manner to produce a swirling situation to aid in the tumble action that may occur. With that compounding mixing motion could make up for lack of tumble strength keeping fuel evaporation higher, hopefully.

You mention reversal of flame travel could be either perpendicular to the crown or begin at the center under normal conditions. Which would only come about by detonation of the latter situation. I think the thought of mixing fuels to make diesel burn more completely quick, my thought was not that, but that of reducing the heavy molecules within the fuel not a deliberate mixture.

With any alcohol involvement, it should be natural to know the water content could be higher because that is what it does. It absorbs it which is why you must store it properly. Think of the product we use to unfreeze fuel lines, Isohol or HEET. It liquidizes the water and absorbs it. Each fuel has a limit with water content as a basic attribute to produce efficient combustion in our vehicles.

If you run a fuel with alcohol content, the BTU won't be equal, however the standpoint on that is the possibility of what the cooling effect will be on the cylinder and torque output regardless of bow design if the content is large enough. If something is oxidizing at less BTU over a higher rpm the engine will be less stressed, as always the fuel that may be used to racing just may have to be changed to suit rpm needs.

I think the overall weight difference from 5.9 to 6.6L Dmax is what, 200lbs? from factory assembly. If the Duramax platform outruns in combustion innovations, flow capabilities, the old straight-6 just may be left behind just from weight differences.

Thinking something is a stretch, never constitutes it is impossible JQ. Once you get enough instantaneous torque production you can achieve higher revolutions per minute and with that you reached more work being done in the same distance effect our propulsion.

I read something similar to that article CREED, thank you for the link.

I am not sure if many have thought about the 'fly-cuts' be shaped in a manner to produce a swirling situation to aid in the tumble action that may occur.

In many "maximum effort" platforms there is little to no swirl left in the port, I'm not of the mindset of abandoning all hope of efficiency for flow, but it has been working.

I think the thought of mixing fuels to make diesel burn more completely quick, my thought was not that, but that of reducing the heavy molecules within the fuel not a deliberate mixture.

Fuel density is a requirement with increased cylinder pressure and RPM, reducing density could increase efficiency, but that means very little if you cannot make power where it is needed.

If you have to change the fuel to run the RPM then you are no longer DIESEL racing, so the whole point of calling it a diesel goes right out the window. Might as well just call it what it is, FUEL racing! I want to see a Fuel Diesel go compete with a Fuel Gas class, now doesn't that sound stupid!

If you have to change the fuel to run the RPM then you are no longer DIESEL racing, so the whole point of calling it a diesel goes right out the window. Might as well just call it what it is, FUEL racing! I want to see a Fuel Diesel go compete with a Fuel Gas class, now doesn't that sound stupid!

Its still compression ignition though...... Your just altering the fuel.

Lets just nip this silly idea in the bud. Until you can flow fuel like this in the short window we have there's no way in hell to come close to the power/weight ratio the top fuel guys are at.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGTbQuhhluY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGTbQuhhluY[/ame]