The worst truck pull I have ever attended

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if Dan Schied is such a great promoter and knows how to put on such a great pull , why wasnt the track covered and prepared properly at Bowling Green , techs so rude and the pull moved so slow , Did he not care because it wasnt Terre Hautte ?? Somebody made over $60000 on the gate alone plus all the sponsorship , so looks like it was all about the money and screw the fans that paid all their hard earend money to travel thousands of miles to attend the biggest joke of a event that was ever held , man cant wait to Terre Hautte

Defend the scheid boys all you want...it was still a piss poor pull...Ive been to events with 2 sleds, 4 classes of tractors, 5 classes of trucks, and 2 classes of big-rigs and over 7k crowd that was more organized, better run, and got over quicker. Weather played no part in the piss poor tech, no organization, and overall lack of respect for the pullers that actually brought the money in.

yeah, I bet you have. I'm sure they put all that together in two to three hours right after 3 days of rain. And I'm sure you had 'street' tractors that wanted to pull, entered, and argued with the TECHs because they DID NOT READ THE RULES and failed inspection. Cheating, playing stupid or pure ignorance isn't an excuse. Everyone had the rules and pleanty of time to ask questions and make adjustments. If you can't afford a blanket you don't pull. If you cannot figure out how to place bolts in an exhaust, you don't pull. If you don't understand the difference between the classes...please sit in the stands. Oh yeah, if you're so much of a tard to 'assume' all rules are the same, that's life.

All the *****'en....... Have some thought, sheeesh. What if you had a crop and the order was to filled by friday or ya got nothing. Wednesday and Thursday it was raining but it stopped Thursday night. You got all readdy to start the harvest Thursday night and your tractor broke but you need a full 12hours for harvest. .....Now, you don't fix the tractor ya get another one. Instead of one implement you try to drag 5 or 6. You can't do it all and you fail to harvest 1/2 of your crop. What happens?

It's called life people, things happen. I don't peck to well but I try to keep it simple. TS and everyone that helped did their best with what they had. It happend and it's over. If you want to demand the best, give it first.

yeah, I bet you have. I'm sure they put all that together in two to three hours right after 3 days of rain. And I'm sure you had 'street' tractors that wanted to pull, entered, and argued with the TECHs because they DID NOT READ THE RULES and failed inspection. Cheating, playing stupid or pure ignorance isn't an excuse. Everyone had the rules and pleanty of time to ask questions and make adjustments. If you can't afford a blanket you don't pull. If you cannot figure out how to place bolts in an exhaust, you don't pull. If you don't understand the difference between the classes...please sit in the stands. Oh yeah, if you're so much of a tard to 'assume' all rules are the same, that's life.

All the *****'en....... Have some thought, sheeesh. What if you had a crop and the order was to filled by friday or ya got nothing. Wednesday and Thursday it was raining but it stopped Thursday night. You got all readdy to start the harvest Thursday night and your tractor broke but you need a full 12hours for harvest. .....Now, you don't fix the tractor ya get another one. Instead of one implement you try to drag 5 or 6. You can't do it all and you fail to harvest 1/2 of your crop. What happens?

It's called life people, things happen. I don't peck to well but I try to keep it simple. TS and everyone that helped did their best with what they had. It happend and it's over. If you want to demand the best, give it first.

:clap: I totally agree!

Im pretty sure they didnt put it all together in three hours after three days of rain either. they have been planning on having this event for longer then most people were planning on going to it. Ya they got hit with a few curve balls but i didnt see them trying to adapt to the rain, and the way they teched vehicles didnt make sense when you have 200+ trucks and want it to run smoothly. I had a good time overall at ts and was bummed to find out the drags cancelled but destroying the track definitely calls for shutting it down.

Last edited:
yeah, I bet you have. I'm sure they put all that together in two to three hours right after 3 days of rain.

That happens at darn near every pull when it rains, man. TS is no different in that aspect from any other pull in any other state on any particular day.

The sudden demise of the drags was a shocker, true, but the pull was scheduled months in advance, and such an "experienced" staff should have known all week what they needed to do. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Scheid has access to the Weather Channel just like the rest of us do.

I haven't yet seen a legitimate reason for the disorganization of the pull, especially one with 2 tracks and 2 sleds.

Very well put. If people can' make the best out of what life deals them then they need to go crawl in a hole and stay there.

Joe

TECH isn't .Yes, Yes, Yes....err, No, Yes. and you're done. TECH is more like ok, ok, ok ummmm this won't work -no. Hey, do you have 'x' so that you can run? You don't? ....ok sorry, ya can't pull. .....THEN the argument starts and different TECHs come around and try to push the rule or it's a toss-up. The rule bokk is out and they are trying to figure out if "blank" can skate under the rule or be moved to another class. .......That's just ONE truck that has not READ and UNDERSTOOD the rules for that pull. I'd guess that one truck took up to a 1/2 hour just to be booted like they should have been in the first 5 minutes, period. Actully, they should not have pulled up the the damm line to begin with.

If you pull up thinking..... "Hey it's ME" and I drove 20 or 2,000 miles to be here and that's give the right to potentially kill people without proper safety equipment. Then again, I am too much of a dumbarse to comprehend written language so they out'a just let me slide.

(BTW, do I sound upset?)

u can say all u want about the weather and the bad organization and point fingers at whoever who cares it happened. But the way that the people teching trucks were treating everyone who pulled just didnt sit well with me my truck went through tech fine and i stil was treated like crap by the group of guys that teched my truck it just my opinion but i tought it made Schied look bad the way they treated a lot of people

So when is the event next year? Personally having a big event In Ky in may is one hell of a gamble, odds are the weather will kill you everytime and that is what happened here. I admire TS for putting on the event and have enjoyed many of them and look forward to more in the future, but honestly I think a diffrent date might be a better investment for the future. There is another big event held just down the road in Stanford every year, well except it has been rained out like 3 of the last 4, only diffrence is they called their event before it turned into a weather related disaster. Scheid isn't the best track builders or honestly even the best tech guys. The Scheid crew is mostly all their employees. Having those guys tech honestly is a bit of a conflict of interest because they don't want to make the hard decisions and kick people out because they could be potential customers. Yeah we all know everyone is beyond that and the National debt is getting smaller too, its no ones fault just business. To tech fast you have to make yes or no decisions and kick people out, you can't argue rules or spend hours showing someone why a 2.55" plug falls in a 64mm turbo. My favorite comment is " Scheid sold me this turbo to be legal for this class." My usual answer is hope you can get your money back, now get out of line. It is go or no go there is no middle ground. Due to they layout of that grounds it wouldn't matter how much they covered or worked the dirt it never would have worked out. The track is at the bottom of a big hill and is directly next to a spring on the pits side that ALWAYS feeds water into the track, add in several inches of rain and there was no way to fix that. No one could have built a good track out of that especially not in the time allowed and despite Scheids crews best intentions they are guys that build pumps, injectors, turbos, and horsepower, not guys that make their living working with dirt.

I've got a couple suggestions for next year. Wrist bands to reenter so if you decide to buy something from a vendor/sponsor you can take it to your vehicle and get back in or if your kid needs a coat and it's still in the truck you can get it. Also don't tell the damn motels in the area. Quality Inn went from $60 a night to $110 because an event was in town.

all i have to say is that this was the biggest mess of a truck pull i have ever seen in my life i pulled in the 2.6 class drew no. 69 i think i pulled like no.20 or so the tec guys told me whoever gets up here first pulled first so i went for it I got screamed at by dan scheid for throwing mud what the hell did he expect all i know is that DAN SCHEID is a JACKASS and could screw up a one man parade

x2 and a Amen to what KTA-Cummins said.

X3.....

John I should of been a little more specific and said he was a bad promoter for the TS event, it seems SDX runs fairly smoothly, I think Dennis and Sheila did a great thing by salvaging what they could of the show.....At a show this big, tech needs to be yes or no.......The rules were posted MONTHS in advance and if you show up and arent legal, well that is the drivers fault.......PERIOD........and i also agree with Brian seeing it as a conflict of interest......especially when you have your own truck competing in one of the classes your guys are teching......

And Eric the answer to your statement is no, we dont pull several times a month at the same place, we put on one big pull a year, plus once a month (maybe) we pull with the antique tractor guys under their club but you can hardly say its a big turn out monthly......PLUS, guys that want to drive several hours to pull with us CALL us before hand and ask about the rules and the classes, so they know they will be legal or not, same if they just show up at the pull, they have us check the truck out sometimes before they pull to see what we say about it......and just because someone drove from Utah to Kentucky to pull their stock truck for the first time and never read the rules or bothered to ask questions dosent constitute them any favors or leiniency (SP?).....

So what if it hadnt rained and the pulling track was in perfect shape, and they raced all day and all the racers and their entourage showed up at the pulls cause they wanted to drink beer and have a good time ALONG with all the pullers and the fans, now get rid of the rain excuse and the poor track prep excuse, and the toilet excuse, and you still got a pull that wasnt teched very well and also explain the unaccounted for time that went by between hooks, and why both sleds werent apparently operating.......

***i guess since i wasnt there my questions dont count to some, so would someone that went repost my last paragraph asking why all this happened, so MAYBE we can get some enlightenment about this whole situation***

And i by far would of been really mad if I would of flew all the way home from Iraq and spent alot of money too see this show and it turn out like this......

Haha Yea that was very rediculous..I was sitting in the bleachers about 5 feet behind when all this was going down. Bunch of idiots. The guy paying the money later pissed off a fairly stout guy and ended up on his back getting punched in the face a few times, It was a bloody mess but very funny.

yea I dont know what that ol' boy was thinking.. He was SCRONNY and that was a BIG ol' boy he tried to fight and wound up flat on his BUTT... my buddy got it all on video I am trying to get him to send it to me so I can put it online

You know Schied and TS would tried to be Crusified no matter what they did be it cancel or have the event.

This thread has run its course. All the gripes have been made more than once and suggestions have been made, no sense in posting the same chit over and over.

-Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.