top 2.6 truck at schieds?

winning 2.6 truck? state?

• Total voters
josh land was first hook. he had to pull 3rd, no options. is it to late for him to hook last now. just wondered,waited 4 hours for dan jr. to rehook just thought maybe josh could hook today. no sled was reset, thats just part of playing by THEIR rules. never rewayed,never reteched after trip to trailer for 4 hrs. BS

That will not eliminate the recontoured, or stepped chargers. It will also not limit the turbine wheel, which leaves too much variance also.

look at how competitive the 3.0 class is, i dont see that much variance.

I hope this bushed 2.6 stuff doesn't catch on everywhere else. I know more and more 2.6 trucks are being purpose built now, but I have yet to see the same amount of mods go into a 2.6 truck as it does a 2.8 or 3.0 truck to be competitive. If you have the money to burn, then by all means sink as much as you want into a 2.6 truck, and hats off too ya. But if I remember right, the main reason why we have these different size charger classes is so the budget compeititor can build a truck with what fundings they are economically limited to and still be competitive and have fun. Heck, I still run a 2.5 class and can barely hold my own in a 2.6 class. But thats all I can afford. From a pullers standpoint in the same shoes as me, this sport is supposed to be fun, but when the cost to be competitive gets too outragous and you can't hold a candle to anyone, it isn't any fun anymore. If this trend catches on its not even going to be fun for the crowd either. It would be like going to a brush tractor pull that has 5 different weight classes of antiques or heavy factory farm stock classes. Its the same tractors every class, they just go the pits and add more weight between classes. Only difference with the diesel classes is you would have every truck out there running 3.0 chargers with a 2.6 and 2.8 bushing they can swap in the pits in seconds. The results would more than likely be the same for each class with the same trucks finishing in the same order. The way I see it, if you try running in a 2.8 or 3.0 class and can't be competitive, just drop down a charger and cut a little fuel back to compensate. But don't just use a bushed turbo. I know my $.02 probably don't amount to a hill of beans about this to anybody, but that just how I feel about it. I would rather see all of the top trucks at a pull finish with in a couple feet of each other than for the 1st, 2nd and maybe 3rd place have 5-10 feet between each other and another 10-15ft on the rest of the field. The only time I have enjoyed seeing something like that happen is when maybe one of the underdogs in the class just gets a great hook and surprises everybody and do it legal as could be. And no I'm not calling anyone cheaters on this at all. I just don't see why we need to throw away more money at our trucks to be competitive because of rules changing everywhere. Honestly we are not gaining anything. The sled guy is just going to add more weight or change gears and our distances be around the same. The more we do this, the more it turns into a money game, which can discurage newcomers, and the field of trucks gets more and more spread out at each event on the distances.

I hope this bushed 2.6 stuff doesn't catch on everywhere else. I know more and more 2.6 trucks are being purpose built now, but I have yet to see the same amount of mods go into a 2.6 truck as it does a 2.8 or 3.0 truck to be competitive. If you have the money to burn, then by all means sink as much as you want into a 2.6 truck, and hats off too ya. But if I remember right, the main reason why we have these different size charger classes is so the budget compeititor can build a truck with what fundings they are economically limited to and still be competitive and have fun. Heck, I still run a 2.5 class and can barely hold my own in a 2.6 class. But thats all I can afford. From a pullers standpoint in the same shoes as me, this sport is supposed to be fun, but when the cost to be competitive gets too outragous and you can't hold a candle to anyone, it isn't any fun anymore. If this trend catches on its not even going to be fun for the crowd either. It would be like going to a brush tractor pull that has 5 different weight classes of antiques or heavy factory farm stock classes. Its the same tractors every class, they just go the pits and add more weight between classes. Only difference with the diesel classes is you would have every truck out there running 3.0 chargers with a 2.6 and 2.8 bushing they can swap in the pits in seconds. The results would more than likely be the same for each class with the same trucks finishing in the same order. The way I see it, if you try running in a 2.8 or 3.0 class and can't be competitive, just drop down a charger and cut a little fuel back to compensate. But don't just use a bushed turbo. I know my $.02 probably don't amount to a hill of beans about this to anybody, but that just how I feel about it. I would rather see all of the top trucks at a pull finish with in a couple feet of each other than for the 1st, 2nd and maybe 3rd place have 5-10 feet between each other and another 10-15ft on the rest of the field. The only time I have enjoyed seeing something like that happen is when maybe one of the underdogs in the class just gets a great hook and surprises everybody and do it legal as could be. And no I'm not calling anyone cheaters on this at all. I just don't see why we need to throw away more money at our trucks to be competitive because of rules changing everywhere. Honestly we are not gaining anything. The sled guy is just going to add more weight or change gears and our distances be around the same. The more we do this, the more it turns into a money game, which can discurage newcomers, and the field of trucks gets more and more spread out at each event on the distances.

Good comment. I agree.

Good point and very well put. I totally agree. Wish more would see it this way.

...Wish more would see it this way.

Oh, you mean going by the rules that so many different organizations switched to so that we could be more "uniform" and be able to pull from one state to the next and still be competitive by running the same setup no matter where you pull? I mean it only took 6 months of bickering for everybody to agree on a rule set. You surely couldn't expect that we should have to follow them do you? Oh, no, you should have to build your truck up for the one pull of the year that everyone looks forward to and spend your whole year living right and praying that you can hook toward the last part of the class. Its only right. Ask the Scheid Tech/Rules Dept. for the SDX Event. They'll tell you.

Oh, you mean going by the rules that so many different organizations switched to so that we could be more "uniform" and be able to pull from one state to the next and still be competitive by running the same setup no matter where you pull?? Oh, no, you should have to build your truck up for the one pull of the year that everyone looks forward to and spend your whole year living right and praying that you can hook toward the last part of the class.QUOTE]

Thats kind of the way I felt about the 3.0 class though. Why no bushings? Everywhere else allows them? Built the truck and could run everywhere EXCEPT Scheids. I understand the the bickering of the 2.6 rules and also understand the reason why the rules were the way they were. Do I think ALL organizations should be changed for the 2.6, yes. But this year it wasn't happening. But it would have made for one BIG 2.8 class!!!

Oh, you mean going by the rules that so many different organizations switched to so that we could be more "uniform" and be able to pull from one state to the next and still be competitive by running the same setup no matter where you pull? I mean it only took 6 months of bickering for everybody to agree on a rule set. You surely couldn't expect that we should have to follow them do you? Oh, no, you should have to build your truck up for the one pull of the year that everyone looks forward to and spend your whole year living right and praying that you can hook toward the last part of the class. Its only right. Ask the Scheid Tech/Rules Dept. for the SDX Event. They'll tell you.

All I am saying is why allow bushing in a 2.6 class when they already have a 2.8 and 3.0 class they can run in? All I was doing was agreeing with him out loud. :badidea:

All I am saying is why allow bushing in a 2.6 class when they already have a 2.8 and 3.0 class they can run in? All I was doing was agreeing with him out loud. :badidea:

I think he was mocking the Scheid crew as if you were to call for info and they would pretty much say "no you need to forget the nation wide used rules and build your truck to our specs even though you guys begged and pleaded for the other rules to be used at the majority of the events." I don't think he was disagreeing with you or stiring the pot with ya. :Cheer:

I think he was mocking the Scheid crew as if you were to call for info and they would pretty much say "no you need to forget the nation wide used rules and build your truck to our specs even though you guys begged and pleaded for the other rules to be used at the majority of the events." I don't think he was disagreeing with you or stiring the pot with ya. :Cheer:

Yeah, what he said.

Thanks Justin.

:Cheer:

running my mouth? obviosly he didnt fit in the rules, as his own friend wesley wade said his charger wouldnt pass tech? is this not true? thats why johnny shriver also had to pull 2.8 thats my point.. me and evans beef is over the fact is no matter what anyone says his truck will never be teched by anyone but his friends..straleys tried to tech it at london about 2 years ago and you faggots had a hissy fit over it.. **** you and evan davis..

Wow.....:what: :hehe:

What i was saying was funny, is that he was the only one that got to drop the the first hook and come back last. Everyone else, that i know of, even for the finals and qualifing, had to come back like 3rd or 10th. Not allowed to come back last. I dont know where his parts came from? just saying it was funny as he was the only one allowed to do so.

They wouldn't let me come back at all, went back to the pits and through a new axel in, but wasn't allowed to take my second attempt

They wouldn't let me come back at all, went back to the pits and through a new axel in, but wasn't allowed to take my second attempt

Ya they wouldnt let Dane come back after he blew the intercooler boots for his second chance either, told him he could come back at the end to run just for fun, but wouldnt be in for the qualifying...

they wouldn't even let me do that, so i singed up for the 3.0 class and then they told me only one hook per day!

they wouldn't even let me do that, so i singed up for the 3.0 class and then they told me only one hook per day!

They told my buddy he could pull 3.0 after he pulled 2.8. I was standing there with him when he was signing up. He couldn't pull 3.0 though bc he didn't have fire suit