top 2.6 truck at schieds?

winning 2.6 truck? state?

• Total voters
No Flame here at all Kev I know what yr truck is built for and rules are rules and you fit them I was just curious on cover or bushing , I was looking to talk to ya but saw u leaving out of the camp area

Kman your truck is very impressive it was flying off the line I talk to matt just for a bit b4 he pulled

just sounds like the same as the TS BS! Great pull alotsof trucks and crappy rules and organazation.

I would like to see what the 2.6 trucks Im used to seeing can do against 2.6 trucks from other places but the only time I get to see trucks from farther away then surrounding states is at Scheid and TS and they always manage to have some unique retarded rules I want to see 2.6 against other 2.6 not a couple 2.8 trucks drop down and win I like Dan and all but I wanted to see him against 2.8 trucks

Yea I was kind of wondering that myself. I didn't think they reset the sled either but that's what the announcer said

No Flame here at all Kev I know what yr truck is built for and rules are rules and you fit them I was just curious on cover or bushing , I was looking to talk to ya but saw u leaving out of the camp area

Kman your truck is very impressive it was flying off the line I talk to matt just for a bit b4 he pulled

I was not pointing my finger at you just stating the facts. :Cheer:

I just wish my truck had ran like it did last weekend of 8-22-09 where i won mayfeild ky ken-ten pull and put 17ft on everyone. Sux the mp8 decided to take a dump on me at my first national pull. :bang

As usual, the weather played its usual role in screwing up the pulls. Wish they had kept the track in better shape as well. Blair got the ring and pinion on the start line as the 110b puller in the 2.6 class. I think the attendance was good at the show, put the number of pullers was definitely down from previous years. Probably in part to the stupid rule changes that only apply at Scheid and no where else. I know of one puller who they did not allow to pull because his cross bolts were not close enough to the turbo. Been fine the years before. Oh well, still drank lots of beer and had a good time, but still would have liked to have a shot on Sat. night. Maybe next year.

I hated that for Blair , Chase was like 104 or so he almost got it truck started to bounce then on the 2nd time he rode it some , but trac wasnt for his liking and it doesnt help he had the windows up and A/C on Hi lol

:Cheer: Kevin

If they didn't allow bushed turbo's next year than everybody would just get a custom cover and meet the 2.6 rule and still have a 2.8 or 3.0 comp wheel underneath. The only way they could have a true 2.6 class is to measure the comp wheel and that would take alot of time for everyone to take off there comp cover.

Truck is done will be hard pressed to make indy.. full rebulid yea its that bad.. knew somthing was up when im sunffin it that bad..

hate to hear that Ben, hope you get it back togather. SDX was hard on alot of trucks this year. I'm hopin mine can make it tell this winter to do full rebuild.

Unless the charger was certified. I love repeating things, over, and over, and over. Let's face it, no one cares enough about it to make the rules and then enforce them.

dude, get off of it!! no one is going to cerify a charger. ask gene, he will make a simple rule that is easy to follow, how many trucks were at scheid? over a hundred right? they come from all over, do you think everyone is either going to buy an over priced scheid charger that is "certified" or send theirs somewhere to be told that is needs to have parts put in it to be legal? HELL NO!!!! that honestly is the dumbest thing i've ever heard of, and before you say it, at no national level tractor class have i ever heard of this happening. at bowling green this year they pulled every vehicle through tech, if you were illegal you fixed it or you didn't run. otherwise there is a protest procedeure, you put up the $500 and we see if its legal or not.

:hehe: cerifying a charger... what a joke

I agree, you use the rules to your advantage. And yes I give them credit for winning because they did win. However I believe that if you build a 2.8 truck you should run the 2.8 class. That would be like a mod truck showing up to run 2.8.

Why take a chance at finishing fourth in 2.8 when you can finish first or second in 2.6, and still play by all of the rules the Scheid crew laid out?

Dont get me wrong, the bushing down to 2.6 is stupid, plain and simple. But Dan and Scott both fit the rules to a T and I bet they were even running less RPM than most of the pullers (4800 RPM limit in ITPA). But Dans truck has been a sleeper until this year and it has come a LONG way and has been running REAL good all year!

Nothing major has changed on Dan's truck since we built it from the frame up 5 years ago, its just dialed in now and he can drive the sh!t out of it. The engine is also 5 years old, and has never been opened up since it was built.

more trucks how many more trucks do you need there were like 120 2.6 and close to a hundred 2.8 trucks I dont like the rule that they can bush down because id like to pull my street truck but I have to give it to dan He isnt majorly sponsored just a normal guy and he knows how to drive and read the track he did real good this year in ITPA so id say congratulations

He isn't sponsored at all. If I pulled 2.6, would I be happy about the Scheid crew's decision to let the 2.8 trucks pull in 2.6? NO. But those were the rules that they laid out, and those are the rules that were followed.

So how did Dan Musselman get to drop to last? funny huh?

I fail to see what is funny about it? Nothing on that truck came directly from Scheid, if that is what you are insinuating...
After Dan made his first hook and went 292.xx, the Lowry team changed the sled around and never told Scheid they did until the end of the pull. That would explain why the announcer was already giving the standings as Dan was pulling up to the line to hook.
As previously stated, the track always gets better after more hooks are made on it. Dan has hooked in front of the Lowry sled many times, and after he went 292 the first hook, they changed the setting to let everyone else run further with the sled. His truck was already back at the trailer and he was sitting with us in the stands when they called his name over the loudspeaker to rehook.

Last edited:
Sometimes I like to spell it certifying, maybe with your superior knowledge you create your own words. You have clutches, and safety equipement certified, yet implying the turbocharger should be also is outlandish? Point is, the *****ing will never end with the turbocharger rule if the wheels are not limited. I agree with the before mentioned statement, quit whining or stay home.

im not whining by any means. i think everyone should man up to the new thing out, but certifying a charger is rediculous, thats when you use "innovation" and make the rule state that the wheel must protrude into the inducer bore.

Anybody have listings of the final standings? Hopefully all 26 in each class? I didn't see it on Scheid's website.

Thanks Rods would like to have seen where the old VP would of placed if it had not blown a boot.

Why take a chance at finishing fourth in 2.8 when you can finish first or second in 2.6, and still play by all of the rules the Scheid crew laid out?

Nothing major has changed on Dan's truck since we built it from the frame up 5 years ago, its just dialed in now and he can drive the sh!t out of it. The engine is also 5 years old, and has never been opened up since it was built.

He isn't sponsored at all. If I pulled 2.6, would I be happy about the Scheid crew's decision to let the 2.8 trucks pull in 2.6? NO. But those were the rules that they laid out, and those are the rules that were followed.

I fail to see what is funny about it? Nothing on that truck came directly from Scheid, if that is what you are insinuating...
After Dan made his first hook and went 292.xx, the Lowry team changed the sled around and never told Scheid they did until the end of the pull. That would explain why the announcer was already giving the standings as Dan was pulling up to the line to hook.
As previously stated, the track always gets better after more hooks are made on it. Dan has hooked in front of the Lowry sled many times, and after he went 292 the first hook, they changed the setting to let everyone else run further with the sled. His truck was already back at the trailer and he was sitting with us in the stands when they called his name over the loudspeaker to rehook.

What i was saying was funny, is that he was the only one that got to drop the the first hook and come back last. Everyone else, that i know of, even for the finals and qualifing, had to come back like 3rd or 10th. Not allowed to come back last. I dont know where his parts came from? just saying it was funny as he was the only one allowed to do so.

I just wish my truck had ran like it did last weekend of 8-22-09 where i won mayfeild ky ken-ten pull and put 17ft on everyone. Sux the mp8 decided to take a dump on me at my first national pull. :bang

I reckon it has a bit to do with karma...stab someone in the back and it's eventually gonna come back to haunt ya:poke: