top 2.6 truck at schieds?

winning 2.6 truck? state?

• Total voters
First off im lookn for info...not bashn or callin anyone out, but if all the 2.6 guys are running a 2.6 inlet, eather a bushing or big turbo with a 2.6 housing...is there that much differance? Same drive train, tires. Looks to me you all had the same air limets. Im sure all the top 2.6 trucks has built motors!
So i guess im asking does a 2.8 truck run that much better with a 2.6 housing/bushing?
Again...im lookn for info NOT lookn to start trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bigger charger in a smaller cover or a bushing will create more vacum, and pull more air to the motor. If you took the exact same truck w/ a 2.6 charger and than switched to a bushed 2.8 or 3.0 charger and pulled again the bigger bushed charger would win as long as the truck had enough fuel to push the bigger charger. How many of the 2.8 trucks do you think was running a 3.2 or larger charger bushed down?? I would be willing to bet that alot of them was.

I will say that you guys really shouldnt discredit the 2.8 guys who stuck in a bushing and dropped down. They just used the rules to their advantage, and obviously it worked for a few of them. I just dont think that the rules should be that you can run a bushing in 2.6.

Eric

I will say that you guys really shouldnt discredit the 2.8 guys who stuck in a bushing and dropped down. They just used the rules to their advantage, and obviously it worked for a few of them. I just dont think that the rules should be that you can run a bushing in 2.6.

Eric

I agree 100% if the rules say you can do it than do it. It's not likle they was cheating. They won fair and square

I agree, you use the rules to your advantage. And yes I give them credit for winning because they did win. However I believe that if you build a 2.8 truck you should run the 2.8 class. That would be like a mod truck showing up to run 2.8.

Guess no one saw 1 and 2 comming from Indiana.........

Dont get me wrong, the bushing down to 2.6 is stupid, plain and simple. But Dan and Scott both fit the rules to a T and I bet they were even running less RPM than most of the pullers (4800 RPM limit in ITPA). But Dans truck has been a sleeper until this year and it has come a LONG way and has been running REAL good all year!

Give everyone the same turbo, see what happens to "innovation".

Well unless everyone runs the same setup as in suspension, tires, pump, injectors, people figure out how to win.... hence innovation. Look at nascar, its a more on the extreme side of the spectrum but everything is governed on what can and cant be done but its always the teams with the most experience, funding, and research that win 90%, and those that stretch the rules the most. Giving everyone the same turbo wont fix whatever problem you think there is.

All trucks ran good, and they did pass tech so they were legal. IMO if Scheid wants more trucks there they will change the rules next year.

All trucks ran good, and they did pass tech so they were legal. IMO if Scheid wants more trucks there they will change the rules next year.

more trucks how many more trucks do you need there were like 120 2.6 and close to a hundred 2.8 trucks I dont like the rule that they can bush down because id like to pull my street truck but I have to give it to dan He isnt majorly sponsored just a normal guy and he knows how to drive and read the track he did real good this year in ITPA so id say congratulations

yeah where was evan? this makes me wonder if his truck would pass tech? you dominate all the pulls in ohio and claim a good truck outside the state and then dont show up the largest pull in the country where you could win a good chunk of change?

here you go again running your little punk a$$ mouth about s#!t you know nothing about.

i'm tired of dip s#!ts like you making comments about pullers running NOS.....just because you ran it and still couldn't compete.

evan like most of the top 2.6 pullers know that schieds pull is a joke and always has been. they change the rules and make up rules as they go to benefit their customers trucks and eliminate competition. so why would evan waste his time when he can stay close to home and support a local event.:kick:

I'm just saying if the rules don't change alot of trucks that were there this year won't be back next year. Also there were some trucks that didn't come due go the rule.

the whole cry baby thing really gets old, its no differnt than just a few years ago when someone rolled into a county fair with a industrial charger and kicked the crap out of everyone with a stock charger and everyone cried. boo hoo he is cheating, he isnt a STOCK truck anymore. if you guys would make the call and see what one of these things costed you would see you would have been further off in the first place. i guarentee everyone that hates them could bolt one on and not want to go back!!! do you think that john force wanted to stop at the 1000ft instead of the 1320, no, but he does, because thats the rule. do you think that the low budget nascar teams wanted to go with the new cars when they came out a few years ago? no, but they did.... grow up already, its 2009 now this is the new innovation!!!:kick::kick:

winter is almost here, i bet that there will be alot of gt42's and s400's that are purchsed through the winter months, and more guys will be going back with those, rather than these "true" 2.6 chargers. we had a pull last year that quite a few "true" 66mm chargers were too big to run because the plug went in, and yes it was a 2.65 plug. i have a s400 that is legal and there are s300 chargers that didnt pass. what kinda answer do you guys have for that??

I just feel sorry for anyone trying to run 2.6 competitively with a daily driven truck now.

This is exactly the reason I put a stock 3rd gen charger on mine. At least when i want to pull I can maybe do decent instead of looking like an idiot if i stepped up to a 62/68/14 or something that was good on the street and had to pull 2.6.

Eric

Complaining about the trucks, didn't everyone realize once again it was pulling order that played a huge part of placement. Wonder why the 2.8 trucks started busting stuff after about 10 pulls? WHen that sled hits in the same spot after about 10 hooks it gets packed in, and the trucks can really dig.

We don't see this often cause most places don't chisel plow the track and then pull 15+ trucks in the same class with the same setting. They do it every year.

Congrats to all the participants.

running my mouth? obviosly he didnt fit in the rules, as his own friend wesley wade said his charger wouldnt pass tech? is this not true? thats why johnny shriver also had to pull 2.8 thats my point.. me and evans beef is over the fact is no matter what anyone says his truck will never be teched by anyone but his friends..straleys tried to tech it at london about 2 years ago and you faggots had a hissy fit over it.. **** you and evan davis..

running my mouth? obviosly he didnt fit in the rules, as his own friend wesley wade said his charger wouldnt pass tech? is this not true? thats why johnny shriver also had to pull 2.8 thats my point.. me and evans beef is over the fact is no matter what anyone says his truck will never be teched by anyone but his friends..straleys tried to tech it at london about 2 years ago and you faggots had a hissy fit over it.. **** you and evan davis..

Where did i say that his charger wouldnt pass tech?