top 2.6 truck at schieds?

winning 2.6 truck? state?

• Total voters
First off im lookn for info...not bashn or callin anyone out, but if all the 2.6 guys are running a 2.6 inlet, eather a bushing or big turbo with a 2.6 housing...is there that much differance? Same drive train, tires. Looks to me you all had the same air limets. Im sure all the top 2.6 trucks has built motors!
So i guess im asking does a 2.8 truck run that much better with a 2.6 housing/bushing?
Again...im lookn for info NOT lookn to start trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm no expert but it looks pretty obvious that it helps to a certain degree. But there is a limit to how much air you can pull the the hole.

did you watch the 2.8 class ? thats the diff. those truck are 200hp over a 2.6 truck.. granted put in the bushing loses some.. but i hesitate on the word some, like 20hp...lol

yeah where was evan? this makes me wonder if his truck would pass tech? you dominate all the pulls in ohio and claim a good truck outside the state and then dont show up the largest pull in the country where you could win a good chunk of change?

did you watch the 2.8 class ? thats the diff. those truck are 200hp over a 2.6 truck.. granted put in the bushing loses some.. but i hesitate on the word some, like 20hp...lol

yeah where was evan? this makes me wonder if his truck would pass tech? you dominate all the pulls in ohio and claim a good truck outside the state and then dont show up the largest pull in the country where you could win a good chunk of change?

Thats what i wanted to know... how much just the inlet size makes a difference... Id think more than 20hp!
Also in pulln, it's not always the most hp wins! I seen a bunch of 2.6 trucks that wasn't locked in the front!:doh:

I havent read all the way through this forum, but I would like to say that I think its crazy to allow 2.6 trucks to run a big charger bushed down to a 2.6. Thats not the purpose of this class. In my opinion if your running the bigger charger take your bushing out and step up otherwise put the 2.6 turbo on and run in the right class. The allowing of bushing will only hurt the class. I understand guys will build trucks purposly for the 2.6 class but what you allow them to build is differnt and a big charger with a bushing on the front is too much. But thats just my two cents

I havent read all the way through this forum, but I would like to say that I think its crazy to allow 2.6 trucks to run a big charger bushed down to a 2.6. Thats not the purpose of this class. In my opinion if your running the bigger charger take your bushing out and step up otherwise put the 2.6 turbo on and run in the right class. The allowing of bushing will only hurt the class. I understand guys will build trucks purposly for the 2.6 class but what you allow them to build is differnt and a big charger with a bushing on the front is too much. But thats just my two cents

I agree 110% what is even funnier is what they call the 2.6 class (Scheid Diesel - Service Co., Inc.) then let the 2.8/3.0 trucks bush down and let them pull in a daily driver class.

what im saying is there is a 20hp diff. with the bushing..so if you have a 2.8 truck that makes 900hp put a bushing in it and it will make 880 as a example... then you have a basic 2.6 truck that will be lucky to make 700 on fuel only pushing the truck..

what im saying is there is a 20hp diff. with the bushing..so if you have a 2.8 truck that makes 900hp put a bushing in it and it will make 880 as a example... then you have a basic 2.6 truck that will be lucky to make 700 on fuel only pushing the truck..

So what limets a 2.6 truck to 700hp? If a 2.8 can put a bushing in and make 880hp... What am i missing here??? Can't a 2.6 guy put a big charger on and buy a cover with a 2.6 inlet?...what is the difference there?
Sorry for being so bumb about this but it don't add up.

U think its just the charger ??? your a long way off and about 10 to 20 grand short

I'm not a big fan of letting bushed 2.8 chargers in but its competition which fuels innovation to further the sport. Really though its not like some 2.8 trucks couldn't just get a machined cover to fit anyhow and still pull in the 2.6 class and still be within all other rules without a bushing...that rule just makes it cheaper and easier to bump down.

I think Evan didnt show up due to the turbo rule, and i may not either next year if its the same. And also i think Evan will pass any tech anywhere. Hope the winner feels real good about winning.

But Congrats to the TRUE 2.6 guys!:clap:

and Congrats to Matt Williams! KY truck wins two years in a row!

You 2.6 guys all ran from the 2.8 class, lmao!! keep in mind the 2.8 bushed turbos were 3.0 turbos, and of course all the 2.8 guys were concerned about the 3.0 guys bumping down to 2.8.....

If Scott Amos, took Evan Davis's turbo, and bolted it on, I have bad news for a lot of you.....:) he would beat you with that one too.

And I do not want to hear about the 2.8 guys built their motors different, cause the 2.6 class is building the crap out of them.

If Bad Duvall and Swanson would not have choked at the BIG ONE, they may have taken the win.

why doesnt it add up... i keep telling you why the 2.8 truck makes more power.. its a bigger charger.. there is also some motor work involved but alot of guys are running built motors in 2.6 truck that would support the power a 2.8 charger would throw at it.. there are 2.6 trucks this year running that machined housing its basically a 3 inch wheel with a 2.6 opening.. 110mm or so backing wheel and 84mm exhaust wheel.. huge diff. in power compared to a off the shelf 2.6 turb like the silver bullet or htt66..s465 ''2.5''

Im sorry, but when the top 5(?) trucks were all running 2.8+ bushed chargers, It is no secret as to what is making the difference!

I think being able to run a bushing in a 2.6 class is a horrible rule. It just doesent make sense.

So when can we expect open driveline and solid welded suspensions in 2.6? :bang

Eric

You 2.6 guys all ran from the 2.8 class, lmao!! keep in mind the 2.8 bushed turbos were 3.0 turbos, and of course all the 2.8 guys were concerned about the 3.0 guys bumping down to 2.8.....

If Scott Amos, took Evan Davis's turbo, and bolted it on, I have bad news for a lot of you.....:) he would beat you with that one too.

And I do not want to hear about the 2.8 guys built their motors different, cause the 2.6 class is building the crap out of them.

If Bad Duvall and Swanson would not have choked at the BIG ONE, they may have taken the win.

:clap:

I'm not a big fan of letting bushed 2.8 chargers in but its competition which fuels innovation to further the sport.

There are better ways of "innovating" than allowing a huge charger with a machined bushing in it IMO :doh:

Its just getting out of hand IMO. If they are going to run a 2.6/bushing class then they need to run that AND a 2.5 no bushing class for the people who still drive their puller and need a charger with some streetability about it.

Eric

I would like to congratulate all the 2.8 trucks that pulled in THEIR class! Especially Matt Williams on 2 wins in a row.:clap:

And if the rules dont change next year I will not be back.

However, I guess we could just talk Matt into dropping down and picking on the little guys................

i was at sdx. the big advantage the 2.8 trucks had against the 2.6 trucks was they didnt have to pull against the REAL 2.8 trucks. if they had, they would have just been spectators sat.night.i think they were afraid of RAGGED-OUT. he probably would have embarressed them. maybe someday they will grow enough balls to compete in there own class. probably not. thats like beatin up on your little brother,hopin u can whip him!

I disagree with ya! Give him the same turbo I've got, a true 2.6 versus a bushing 3.0 and I bet results are different.

Ya Gene yr a little off , anyways I think Wes has more than one up over Brandon
and no choke was involved