Total Performance Diesel's 2nd Annual Dyno Day

I can't tell for sure Adam, does it look to you like the wastegate on my primary is opening up?:hehe:

Now I know why i was only seeing 70psi on the boost gauge.

1200 on 70 lbs boost? Can't be the only one that thinks that's a bit high. I want the secret.

1200 on 70 lbs boost? Can't be the only one that thinks that's a bit high. I want the secret.

"West Coast Magic" Lots of pixie dust was flying around yesterday...:stab:

Awesome event as usual. Drake is a class act and his crew is top notch!!

Wow what event! Ron A that thing is a animal ! Dimitri what a show ,just shy of Ron A on fuel and two extra people in the cab hitting nitrous switches or what ever they where doing on your nitrous runs. The battle between Jason and Stomp with ve pumps.Ponci and Stomp you guys pulled out all the stops this was by fare the best dyno event I have been to. Drake you allowing people to take some extra time on the dyno I feel really made a huge differance . Thank You Drake and crew.

x2 Great event. Thanks to you and Ken for helping me out and convincing me to give the nitrous bottle a soak in some hot water to get the bottle pressure up. "You here to take pictures, or you here to WIN?!" was a good way of putting it. :Cheer:

harvey did 1147 with his awsome 1st gen ramcharger. sorry my battery on my phone was dead by then.. no wonder his rocket runs in the 9s..
everyone that was there was great to see.. lots of folks that havent been out to a dyno event for a long time.. good to see everyone.
and drake gave 95% of all the runs back so congrats to all the winners, i think even the stock class winner made almost 400 bucks and dip****mini made almost 800, street like 500 and ron took super street/fuel only at something like 600 bucks..... thanks drake.. good times and congrats for your hard work guys..

Number 6 push rod look like a S .I had a good time getting it out , it wedge in there and had a valve lash of .025 but just didnt move. I got the head off and everything looks good.At 112 mph it must off spun because the rpm whent passed 4gs it shoud be at least 135 plus , but game over at 112 in od. If anyone has a vid I would like to check in out ! I thought the 1st gen ve pump guys might get me , I had to hit the In It To Win Button to get by Jason and Stomp .What a day and Mat 11.. in his 6.0 Ford way cool.

Last edited:
harvey you need to change your pict to the wheels up.. your a true racer and in it to win it.. who would ever had thought that that it would take a thousand hp to make sure you beat ve guys on the dyno.. let alone a superflow load dyno.. frigen bad ass to see in person..
2011-11-05180917.jpg

Number 6 push rod look like a S .I had a good time getting it out , it wedge in there and had a valve lash of .025 but just didnt move. I got the head off and everything looks good.At 112 mph it must off spun because the rpm whent passed 4gs it shoud be at least 135 plus , but game over at 112 in od. If anyone has a vid I would like to check in out ! I thought the 1st gen ve pump guys might get me , I had to hit the In It To Win Button to get by Jason and Stomp .What a day and Mat 11.. in his 6.0 Ford way cool.

What do you think caused it to get bent like that? Nitrous backfire?

Sent from my iPhone during class

...Dimitri what a show ,just shy of Ron A on fuel and two extra people in the cab hitting nitrous switches or what ever they where doing on your nitrous runs...

We were throwing the kitchen sink at it thats for sure. I was running the dyno and keeping an eye on rail pressure, timing, boost, drive pressure etc... Dmitri had his hands full with nitrous switches, and Anthony had to hit the second big shot. It was single handedly one of the craziest / wildest rides of my life and we weren't even moving!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

What do you think caused it to get bent like that? Nitrous backfire?

Sent from my iPhone during class

Im not 100% but im sure *nx*had a roll in the push rod but the rear end shook like tire shake at the dragstrip and the RPM when crazy . The push rod being #6 is a little odd but I have head off and will be checking valves and cam.

STOMP got some videos up of our little VE Shootout....

Stomp's 899: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jee4X-vNPOM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jee4X-vNPOM[/ame]

My 972: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvL2JmoeAiU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvL2JmoeAiU[/ame]

congrats everybody except dmitri. :hehe:

you need wheels on that pile jason.

I think jason's truck is a testament to proper wastegating..... so when is it gonna make a pass is the REAL question! If it can put down a 10 second 1/4 mile that will most definatley change my outlook on VE fueled 12 valves.

You idiots have me looking at nitrous solenoids and lines on e-bay :doh: :banghead: :hehe:

I think jason's truck is a testament to proper wastegating..... so when is it gonna make a pass is the REAL question! If it can put down a 10 second 1/4 mile that will most definatley change my outlook on VE fueled 12 valves.

I don't know how traction will be, but it should trap pretty well :poke: