Transmission Guru's Help needed

Yeah that sucks.

Remember how my truck was loping and bucking last time I was there?? Well I fried the trans, sent the TC and VB back to be rebuilt. Had a loacal guy do the trans rebuild, and now it's perfect. Better than the original build even....same company if you recall...only reason I'd mention it here.

Wonder if you have a restriction with out even having the cooler in it. I would say some pressure gauge in the cooler line exiting the trans would be in order.

Sucks you are still having problems with this, doesn't the trans builder test the valvebody on his stand before sending it out?

I was uner the impression this builder test everything before sending it out.

They supposedly do, but I don't think they did in this situation. As far as testing the VB they found a couple major issues and supposedly addressed it.

Yeah that sucks.

Remember how my truck was loping and bucking last time I was there?? Well I fried the trans, sent the TC and VB back to be rebuilt. Had a loacal guy do the trans rebuild, and now it's perfect. Better than the original build even....same company if you recall...only reason I'd mention it here.

I remember we were talking how both your truck and the car lugged the engine so bad, I thought there was a common problem there. I wonder what is different now. I bet that is the deal right there! You going to be home this weekend, I'm coming to Omaha on Saturday.

Wonder if you have a restriction with out even having the cooler in it. I would say some pressure gauge in the cooler line exiting the trans would be in order.

I'll have to recheck it, but we checked it last July before the trans was sent back north, and it was fine. We put it back together now and it's the exactly the same as it was last year. No change, same crap everytime. I've been betting it was a VB issue since last year. It shouldn't be this dam hard. LOL

Dyno event in Alvo, NE. It's closer to Lincoln...you should try to make it down.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

Dyno event in Alvo, NE. It's closer to Lincoln...you should try to make it down.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

My wife's going to love this. LMAO What time does it start? I was thinking of leaving at noon but may have to roll her out of bed earlier. :hehe:

They plan to start getting trucks on the dyno at 10 am and go until they are done or it gets dark. But the operator is, well, not time efficient. I REALLY want to get a new number for mine, so I plan to get there early! I might even dyno, leave to go to a kids soccer game then head back down there. Maybe we coudl meet up if you want want to go all the way down there.

I'd bring this thing and put it on the dyno, but I think Nick is going to take it to a 1/8th mile track and see what it'll do, or at least make some passes with it. After the 330' mark it's a fun ride. LOL

I just had a thought here. If there is a restriction in the cooler or lines, wouldn't the trans be getting hot. Especially being up against the converter trying to leave the line? This trans doesn't get hot. It takes 2 back to back passes and a 95* or hotter day to get the trans temp to 185*.

Damnit... I'm no big help here but I hope you guys can get it figured out.

Fine as what? the trans shifts and operates properly? Yes, won't slip the trans, just no stall when trying to build boost and is very dangerous if anyone tries to move the car and people are in front of or behind the car.

I mean fine as in it acts like a 2000 or 3000 stall or whatever you have while under acceleration once the turbo lights, but at idle it is suddenly a 1,200 stall.
As near as I could figure it out, it might be a pump issue? I never really dug too much deeper once I figured out I could spool with nitrous. Also, a transbrake helps....

I just had a thought here. If there is a restriction in the cooler or lines, wouldn't the trans be getting hot. Especially being up against the converter trying to leave the line? This trans doesn't get hot. It takes 2 back to back passes and a 95* or hotter day to get the trans temp to 185*.

Not necessarily, you would be slowing the fluid flow, and the fluid could be getting slowed in the cooler, allowing it to cool more since it is spending more time in it. As much trouble as you have had with it, I would try to troubleshoot it. LOL

Not necessarily, you would be slowing the fluid flow, and the fluid could be getting slowed in the cooler, allowing it to cool more since it is spending more time in it. As much trouble as you have had with it, I would try to troubleshoot it. LOL

You're a funny guy. We went through all of these pressure checks last year (And they were all within specs) before the trans was pulled for the exact same issue.

Last edited:
I mean fine as in it acts like a 2000 or 3000 stall or whatever you have while under acceleration once the turbo lights, but at idle it is suddenly a 1,200 stall.As near as I could figure it out, it might be a pump issue? I never really dug too much deeper once I figured out I could spool with nitrous. Also, a transbrake helps....

That's part of the issue. There is no stall at idle, very little stall period. A trans brake would be sweet, but what's the point of leaving the line with no boost and all spray?

You're a funny guy. We went through all of these pressure checks last year (And they were all within specs) before the trans was pulled for the exact same issue.
Did you check the cooler pressure? Just curious. I plan to do some piddling with cooler pressures this winter.

Did you check the cooler pressure? Just curious. I plan to do some piddling with cooler pressures this winter.

Last summer we did. I can't tell you what they were because my memory sucks. LOL We might check them before we pull the VB Friday just to have an idea.

I mean fine as in it acts like a 2000 or 3000 stall or whatever you have while under acceleration once the turbo lights, but at idle it is suddenly a 1,200 stall.
As near as I could figure it out, it might be a pump issue? I never really dug too much deeper once I figured out I could spool with nitrous. Also, a transbrake helps....

Who's valve body do you have in your 47RH. Yours sounds similar to ours, but ours is just worse. LOL

After I reread your post, it dawned on me that yes, you can tell there is a big stall once it is in 3rd and OD while driving. But in 1st and 2nd none. Scott's was the same way. Is this a trend?

Last edited: