Transmission Poll

Best tranny

• Total voters
My suncoast went up the creek, I called suncoast and was told by the late Mr. Webb that i didnt have a suncoast trans, and I was on my own. But the following week I saw a suncoast ad in Diesel Power with my pickup in it.

FYI

damn..that's harsh..I see your truck all the time..

Nate has an ATS billet flexplate in his but it only saw about 150 miles before the kaboom last night. Most people don't seem to think it's necessary though.

Its neccesary for the ultimate street class. But I don't think Nate is going to make it that far.

wow doug... just spewing hate from your peanut sized mind. funny little man you are. i won't waste my words on you though.

Greg, I think it was your nitrous bottle, that thing is used to big numbers and it was ready to deliver haha
I have broken ties with Suncoast, talked to Ron this morning and everything has gone south. Basically a different company than I've dealt with the last few times. I'm saddened and surprised, but that's life.
I have a trans coming from NADP as I type.
To those thinking it's tuning- my SCT file is set to STOCK transmission settings across the board. All pressures are at factory settings, I looked at them with Eric last night. Suncoast is building crap at this point and doesn't know how to fix it. So it's onto another company, NADP seems to be up to the challenge. Seems like Suncoasts fall apart at 790rwhp, guess that's hopeful for my truck on the bottle.
Rob is right too, spinning tires was good, but the second the true power wanted to make it's way through the trans, bye bye junk trans number 5!

so..suncoast is NOT standing behind this one, just wanting to be clear? No refunds no nothing you are just SOL?

an angry refund at that haha
they are giving me money for the trans and parts, but nothing on the $500 tow I needed to get home or the installations. Kind of understandable, but for being their fault, I'm not too happy about all that.

wow doug... just spewing hate from your peanut sized mind. funny little man you are. i won't waste my words on you though.

Greg, I think it was your nitrous bottle, that thing is used to big numbers and it was ready to deliver haha
I have broken ties with Suncoast, talked to Ron this morning and everything has gone south. Basically a different company than I've dealt with the last few times. I'm saddened and surprised, but that's life.
I have a trans coming from NADP as I type.
To those thinking it's tuning- my SCT file is set to STOCK transmission settings across the board. All pressures are at factory settings, I looked at them with Eric last night. Suncoast is building crap at this point and doesn't know how to fix it. So it's onto another company, NADP seems to be up to the challenge. Seems like Suncoasts fall apart at 790rwhp, guess that's hopeful for my truck on the bottle.
Rob is right too, spinning tires was good, but the second the true power wanted to make it's way through the trans, bye bye junk trans number 5!

Nothing little about me, except maybe my fingers. Many people have attempted to help you when you have broken down. But all we get is the same dumbass laugh and you saying you will just throw more money at it. As far as my comment of you not making it that far. I'm reffering to Stucky running low 9s and the class having a 10.50 index.

Suncoast didn't create your intermediate shaft. Ford did. And you have managed to break them. Instead of replacing the front cooler you have flushed it. Only the radiator in tank cooler can be flushed.

You looked at the pressure settings? So the Start pressure 35 shift offgoing element is a table set to all 10 across the entire table? And the start pressure for oncoming element is 20 across from 500 down to 300 for input torque? And then between 20 and 5 in the bottom part of the table? Hey thats great. But what about the Target Overall slip time? How much did you cut that down? Giving it less time makes it shift quicker and harder. But you must know that since you looked at it. And if things don't happen the way they should the computer steps in and will put the gear together whatever it takes.

Well, the intermediate I was running was a billet intermediate shaft, Ford uses billet? I didn't know that.
I guess I do throw money at it because someone isn't behind me shelling out their money for me to put all my knowledge, or lack there of, into their white shell.
Also- since when did I EVER come off that I know everything, and as far as help, you running a bunch of words across my screen never got me anywhere. I called when Evan and I were having trouble with the serpentine belt, the best I got out of you was a sailors mouth about how great YOU are and how we were doing it all wrong. help? I think not.
I hope I haven't come across that I know everything, because I'll be the first to ask a question when I don't know. I take the advice that I feel will help, but leave out the slander and jokes that are pointless and not worth my time.
And who are you to speak on trans tuning when you sent Evan's tune and the thing ran like crap because you forgot to tap on one button? Throw as many words as you want out here, you still haven't proven anything in the real world of diesel racing.
Doug- seriously dude. I didn't do anything to you, but you have some chip on your shoulder about who I am and how I do things. Finding me and pointing me out in any way you can. I'm flattered that you take so much interest in my happenings. But it's getting old... Don't you have a truck to finish by the end of the year? How do you find the time?

E-tough is a disease, don't let it spread.

an angry refund at that haha
they are giving me money for the trans and parts, but nothing on the $500 tow I needed to get home or the installations. Kind of understandable, but for being their fault, I'm not too happy about all that.

What is the warranty on YOUR suncoast?

Nate don't worry about doug. He's sour cause he has to hack a truck apart to catch you. Doug cut and paste is hard work.

alright lets not turn this into one of those thread, doug is a knowledable guy for sure. He has helped me out many times.

Nate is one of my very very good friends, I will stick up for nate all day long. doug has been nothing but nice to me, shawn dont come in here with that. its not right and nate you know your not that type of person and i can understand where you are coming from. I cant stand all the hate that i get. im tired of it too. but you are not that type of person, and myself and alot of others know that.

you guys have your differences for whatever reasons but lets not turn into enemies over it. nate you know im behind you 100% no matter what you do. Ill be here to help you with anything! but lets not have enemies over trucks

I will be the first one to say that Doug comes across as an ass, but I don't see the problem here. More than a few people have shared the same opinions only to be dismissed. I wouldn't expect Doug to be helpful at this point either.

I know jack shiot in the grand scheme of things but how many of these failures have I called in advance? Even if a person had ESP it would be worthless if nobody listened to them.

doug when your done with your new plasma cutter, i know who would love to have it