Transmission Poll

Best tranny

• Total voters
I'm glad that because of my repeated misfortune you are now a bit more educated! I know I am haha

I read this thread and there seems to be a lot of very educated peoples posting on it...can some of ya'll take a look at my thread called "Help" that I wrote last night... I am having some major tranny problems and have no idea where to really start....if I should bother with trying to get it fixed from the dealer or just go to an upgrade and save aggrivation...Thanks Guys

Whole tranny if you can afford it. Its just one less thing to worry about down the road. A SunCoast rebuild and converter would be awesome too and its a little more affordable.

I've heard good things about ATS.LOL

I see 11 votes were for ATS, I wonder if you started a new poll if the results would be different now.

I just took a look at ATS's website...it seems like a pretty top notch operation. I talked with Eric @ Innovative and if the dealer cant fix my trans I was going to make the trip down to Innovative in MD. Eric is a NADP dealer and would have his buddy swap/install the transmission and then personally tune my truck afterwards...Those ATS's look pretty darn nice though...now I am questioning plan A lol...

NADP w/ converter = around 5500
Suncoast = around 4800

is the NADP worth the extra 700...is anything extra included with NADPs kit??

Both are good brands and use quality parts.

I know there are a lot of Suncoast parts in a NADP tranny.

No matter which way you go, I cannot recommend a Suncoast converter enough. Quality, ability to fine tune, cheep reconditioning down the road.

If you browse through the threads it seems like a lot of people are starting to "go against" Suncoast...it seems kind of like our trucks - hit or miss from the factory *bdh*

NADP all the way!!
After my woes with Suncoast and all the faulty issues. I finally got the NADP built trans in the tunnel. BEST trans I've had in the truck yet! Shifts amazingly and provides smooth clean power!
It gave me 2/10ths on my fuel time and I was right on par with my N2O time. Truck went 12.007@114mph under a soft launch of 15psi and a little under 2000rpm. I came out harder on my fuel only time.
The more power you put to it, the smoother it shifts!! This thing can handle what you want to give it!
Extremely satisfied and will continue to provide them as the 'go to' transmission company for the 6.0!!

It may be a few hundred more, but for me, the premium comes with knowing it will stay together!

if you'd like to see/hear a suncoast perform at the track, here's a link to my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53pGqM2M_JM

Last edited:
NADP trannies are hold the power without any problems in the high HP trucks out there. Tyler and I love ours. Pass after pass there holding.