Triples Build

sick! i like it. keep the info comming. really want to know what these put out and how they drive. :rockwoot:

Yes, it's all about disruption of airflow, probably means nothing in our cases.

Jim

I've never seen many cars with enough room to run a radius that big. Considering what we do it has to be a minute disturbance.

Love the low buck/high time build up but I have a question: The (real) turbo guys (so I have been told) say no more than a 6" radius but most all the Twin and all the Triple setups have 90 degree bottle necks using square tubing with a huge disruption of air flow.....does this matter or is it so little that it doesn't in our world.

Jim

I think it has a lot to do with the "newness" of the set-ups, esp. the triples. No one is currently making (for the masses) a high flow split flange for the primaries and the rest is prolly (as always) a compromise between space and flow.$.02

I think I came up with a good compromise.

I think you've been spending too much time on "paint"! :hehe:

BTW, hoodstacks would have made the piping and layout much simpler. You plan on using your proposed set-up for the big or little set of trips?

That is for the big set, not to sure if I like the longitudinal mounting. Would be cool to see it going down the track with one behind the other. May do a side by side deal, not sure.

If I do a little set it will be similar to yours.

Good news is I may have auto CAD 2010 tomorrow! LOL

Quick update: Thanks to all you folks with our quick replies about the oil drains I was able to get them fixed and running again tonight...seems to have cured my oil leak problem.

I'm gonna do some major tuning tomorrow to get these things dialed in a lot better. Overall boost is 50-55psi and spool-up is immediate, however the primaries are making 25-30psi and spool right at 2000rpm...so I'm gonna swap on the stock hx35 in place of the 35/40 on the manifold now, and may end up replacing one or both the primaries with hx35s in place of the hy's currently there.

My pump is only set around 375cc's with 5x.014 injectors, so they are easily clearing the fuel, so I'm also gonna have to yank the pump and get it set up on kill (I kinda know a guy). I'll try to get some in-cab videos tomorrow, but so far so good!

Good taste in music, need less of it so we can hear them! And maybe an incab clip during a hard pull.

This is nice to hear. When is the manifold charger lighting?

Slightly slower than a stock charger...it's spools quickly, but doesn't continue to compound like I want...so I'm gonna try your idea and swap it for a stock hx35 chra tomorrow seeing as I've got 2 extras laying at the shop...I'll keep you updated with posts and hopefully some videos tomorrow...

The pair of HYs is really close in flow to a single 40, you'll be happier with the 3 35's and can upgrade them later to super 40 wheels for a real good set up.

any updates?

Garrett

Did some more driving yesterday to try and rattle things loose or find leaks and everything seemed ok. I'm back to work and school this week so it will be this next weekend before I get a chance to yank the pump off and swap out turbos. Gonna go with 3 hx35's and all will have the less desirable 8 blade 56mm comp wheel, but they should work for now and this summer I plan to upgrade to the 60mm 6 blade or 60mm billet wheel for all 3, but I'll update as I get some more tuning done and start actually making power with them.

ehhh! get it makin smoke at least so we can tow off some of the driveway ornaments that built up over the winter.

Back