Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Looks like I'm gonna be getting a truck to run locally when I'm on my 2 weeks off from north dakota pulling a belly dump all summer and hauling wheat/potatoes this fall......what am I thinking? Haha. Looking at a few A models and 359's, as well as a few newer W9L's and 379's.....

Got a 05 W900 we are going to sell.

My basic requirements are that its gotta have a sleeper, cat power, 13, 15 or 18 speed, air ride, enough frame for a pusher axle, and a hood. Lol

I thought all the nh220's were 743 inch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well, now that I am thinking about it, I might have had my letter wrong. I know it's 220hp, but an 80 model shouldn't be a NH.

I'll double check it.
Chris

After I posted that I went and looked, they went to 855 in 58 but they were still nh220's. Not sure about 1980 though. Is it turbo'd?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Does anyone like Intertrashional 9900ix? There's a pretty nice 06 by me with a 60 inch mid roof, 18 speed, 550 Accert and the guy is pretty reasonable on the price. I've never been a huge international guy but I live 1/4 mile from a dealer so parts are close.

I run with quite a few people with them and it seems to be decent on quality. I'm not a fan of the sleeper side doors or the location of the bunk heater

Does anyone like Intertrashional 9900ix? There's a pretty nice 06 by me with a 60 inch mid roof, 18 speed, 550 Accert and the guy is pretty reasonable on the price. I've never been a huge international guy but I live 1/4 mile from a dealer so parts are close.

We have a 97 9300, a million plus miles and not much more than general maintenance on it, should ride like a baby buggy if it set up well.

I drove one for about four months and hated every minute of it, squeaked, rattled, rode like crap, etc. To me they just seem like a throwaway truck

I know one guy that has 7 and another that has 9 internationals and loves them. I like paccar stuff but I can get this truck for almost half the price of a Pete and get the driveline I want.

I got a buddy that his 13 letter ****-spreader has been the best truck he ever bought.

This statement would be true if prior to the IH's you had a fleet of FL's or Volvos.

New they're all nice, it's after the first 150k miles that the differences shine. Rattle rattle rattle,squeak squeak squeak, broken panels, screw heads popped through panels ect. I messed with a guys daycab eagle a few months ago. Less than 200,000 mi and had paper stuck everywhere between interior panels to keep the noise down. Every bump sounded like it was falling apart. And this was a one owner truck on air ride that pulled a gas tanker. Not a dump truck on chalmers or Hendrickson spring suspension that you would expect to be beat up. Drove a 2 yr older 4 axle W9 with 52k spring suspension that was in way better shape, and it had a hard life hauling coal mine equipment.

My kenworth at 970,000 miles is tighter inside and out that cornbinder was at 350k.

We have a 93 9300 that we made a day cab that is the hauler for the dealership. Been a good truck for us, not a lot of repairs and gets unbelievable mileage. They are ugly trucks, but for some reason ours is livable. I'd take my 379 any day but for the cost it's hard to beat the IH.

WTB mid 90's n newer peterbilt 378/379 or KW W900 day cab. Cat or Cummins motor. ATLEAST a 10 speed. Would like a 13spd. Wheel base under 220". Miles don't really matter depending on condition of truck. Would like to keep it under 20k price. Let me know if anyone has any leads on any or has one parting with. Thank you.

Last edited:
Back