Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I think I found my truck! She's not set up how I wanted, but she will do the trick once I get her fixed! Gonna go look at it and assess the damage tomorrow

Well, the one truck I looked at turned out to be a major project.....but this is another one that's for sale. Asking 22k but I know he'll take less, truck has an american class interior, it was custom ordered by one of our local trucking companies that has always been known as having some of the classiest and most well maintained fleets in the area. Has paperwork for all the engine work, has new drive tires too. I'll run it through the summer as a dump truck then yank the bed off and put a normal 5th wheel plate on it for hauling potatoes this fall. What do y'all think?
asy9yded.jpg

re7atume.jpg

pena8uhy.jpg

Biggest gain over a 7fb is the timing unit, 4mg's seem to have less counter bore issues as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It started life as a road truck, its got the peterbilt airtrak suspension.

I've never done farm trucking. But wouldn't that be an awfully long wb for a daycab tractor getting in and out of farms and such?

Farms where I live are actually laid out with trucks in mind, especially the one I'll be hauling for

I loaded on a LOT of farms in my OTR career, I got a set of doubles where most people couldn't get ONE trailer haha
zyryhumy.jpg

That makes it nice, there are still some small guys that built their setups for a single axle straight truck around here that expect a big truck to get in without any trouble.

I hauled grain for years and every farm had a 10' wide drive and a mailbox in the way, right up until they bought their own truck. Then the brain kicked in gear and they fixed them. Not to mention the 6" auger from 1965 that took 4 hrs to load. Again as soon as they haul it themselves the government money starts flying and they have overhead storage and loads in 5 min.:bang

Go ahead and ask me if I miss pulling a hopper.LOL

You guys pulling hoppers in and out of farms have it easy...except for the doubles guys out west.

Try and put a 53' Detach with a 14' wide load in where a "semi" hauling grain can go. We've wiped out many a mailbox when the farmer said "My neighbor gets his truck in there" and you see a 1985 IH Loadstar with a 30' hopper drive by.

But since times have been good a lot of them have expanded...not all, we still do a ton in KY, PA, and NY. Small roads, small farms, small driveways.

Chris

Not a lot of things scare me more than the words " we bring trucks in here all the time".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You guys pulling hoppers in and out of farms have it easy...except for the doubles guys out west.

Try and put a 53' Detach with a 14' wide load in where a "semi" hauling grain can go. We've wiped out many a mailbox when the farmer said "My neighbor gets his truck in there" and you see a 1985 IH Loadstar with a 30' hopper drive by.

But since times have been good a lot of them have expanded...not all, we still do a ton in KY, PA, and NY. Small roads, small farms, small driveways.

Chris

A lot like getting a combine into a "rustic" farm that says "the grain truck fits". A grain truck and a 9770 deere are two different animals...

Sent from my flashscan v2

Mmmm belt except the price of them things. You can get a nice dump and hopper for the price and they aren't quite as versatile as a dump. Fertilizer places don't like them from contamination. I looked hard at one a year ago

That trailer is for sale for 24,000 dollars, Pretty decent price actually for what it is. I have hauled a LOT of seed potatoes in a set of hoppers before.......but its definitely not the preferred way unless they're going a very long distance.

Back