Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Is say just from looking at it on paper their price is fair. I like how it's spec'd aside from the cmodel and the trans. All things that can be fixed.

kinda what I was thinking.. I think itd look freakin sweet all painted up! I love the long look to it, but part of me is saying buy it take the big bunk off and put a small one on it and shorten the wheelbase to around 220"

Is say just from looking at it on paper their price is fair. I like how it's spec'd aside from the cmodel and the trans. All things that can be fixed.

Since when is a C model CAT a bad choice in engine?

Speaking of trucks.....coming back towards Stillwater just now on Hwy 51 from the east, a dang car drove under a class 8 straight truck and came out the other side. That hit me kinda hard. No chance the driver survived. :(

kinda what I was thinking.. I think itd look freakin sweet all painted up! I love the long look to it, but part of me is saying buy it take the big bunk off and put a small one on it and shorten the wheelbase to around 220"

I feel you'd be better off with a different truck then. I personally would never want a truck under 260".

All of my OTR trucks were 244" wheelbase so we could run Canada. Short trucks suck the balls

If you go ahead on this truck, might as well plan on setting $2k aside to convert it to full mechanical, it will save you a lot of headache.

One of my favorite layouts of a truck, w900l with a 38" aerocab and a short wheelbase.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
Wow that is a beautiful truck. Much better than those Peterbilts.

How would the performance of a PEEC compare to a C model Cat? I'm guessing the same? Could a 7FB or a 4MG pump and timing advance be put on a PEEC motor? Or do engine internals have to be swapped out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If somebody can covert a C model PEEC motor over to mechanical for 2k send em my way!!! Just talked to altorfers ( cat dealer ) said it would 6-7k to do it on our t600???

And I wish I could utilize a long truck like it pulling a hopper locally but it's just not feasible, now if it was like 220 or 230 day cab with a cab extension then that'd be perfect..

2 grand is used parts, and you can do it yourself, it isn't as bad as they make it out to be. I'd be finding a 3zj mechanical prefix in a junk yard and buy the complete pump, timing advance, advance cover, and also the small fuel lines that feed into the filter base and then to the pump as the PEEC ECM is cooled by fuel and lines will be different.

Zach, you can't use a B pump on an engine that came with a C pump without a nozzle change, the slightly higher pressures that the C model nozzles will cause premature wear on the pump internals on the B model pump.

If you go ahead on this truck, might as well plan on setting $2k aside to convert it to full mechanical, it will save you a lot of headache.

One of my favorite layouts of a truck, w900l with a 38" aerocab and a short wheelbase.

Have had 3 of those. Bought them before KW started making the extended day cab.

Someone explain to me if this was a factory deal or if it's been messed with... It's killing me. It's parked at my hotel.
9eguma8e.jpg

ugebuqe8.jpg

Looks like an Autocar to me.

B0519-autocar-trucks

B pump and B injectors work with C pistons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is most likely a matching nozzle depending on compression of piston, the only trouble would be finding a matching nozzle for the last generation of C model as compression ratio kept rising.

Zach, you can't use a B pump on an engine that came with a C pump without a nozzle change, the slightly higher pressures that the C model nozzles will cause premature wear on the pump internals on the B model pump.

I did not know that part... Good info

You mean opening pressure ? That doesn't wear pumps, at least not much. If injection pressure is higher that can be solved with larger nozzles. Although slower lifting pump cam reduces injection pressure automatically.

Yes, I meant pop pressure. I would say most would come from the check valve not operating properly when trying to use lower pressure pumps with higher pressure nozzles.

I'm curious how they set nozzles for the bosch nozzle conversion, can these be set to open at whatever pressure is needed?

Yes, I meant pop pressure. I would say most would come from the check valve not operating properly when trying to use lower pressure pumps with higher pressure nozzles.

I'm curious how they set nozzles for the bosch nozzle conversion, can these be set to open at whatever pressure is needed?

Bosch nozzle pressure is set by shimming the springs, there might also be different springs for bigger changes. Same for Delphi unit injectors. And Cat unit injectors.

Don't tell me Cat B/C nozzles can't be set for different pressure ? At least Pittsburgh Power claims to raise pop pressure of B nozzles.

From what I remember from having one apart they may be able to be shimmed, or possibly a different spring is used.

Back