Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Yes, I meant pop pressure. I would say most would come from the check valve not operating properly when trying to use lower pressure pumps with higher pressure nozzles.

I'm curious how they set nozzles for the bosch nozzle conversion, can these be set to open at whatever pressure is needed?

I was under the impression that when doing the Bosch pump conversion you'd have to use Bosch injectors. Which would entail machining the head and new cups to accept the Bosch injector. I didn't think a Caterpillar injector could be used with the Bosch pump.

How much fuel does a factory Cat pump put out? I realize there is a lot more in the Bosch that is desirable for power, but would a 13mm pump or a 14mm Bosch be needed for a Caterpillar? P7100 or P3000?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about changing pumps, the nozzles can be changed and a lot of gain can be made just by doing that.

No machine work required, the nozzle adapter in the head is changed, fuel line ends changed, and a return line off of the nozzles would need to be added.

How much fuel does a factory Cat pump put out?
I'd like to know also, just for comparison, but no one knows. It needs pumpbench with oil pump and some adapters, no one seems to have them. Here Cat importer is benching them but just to check them, they didnt give any flow numbers

I'm interested to know how the Bosch pump and injectors would effect drivability of a working Cat engine. I know the governor advance would be lost with the Bosch pump. And the cost of a complete Bosch conversion would probably out weigh benefits of the conversion. In all reality though if performance of the engine as a whole is improved and it is in for a rebuild why not?!

I do know the Cats I've seen with the Bosch conversion make some awesome power. Enough to put the hammer on a KTA.

With the nozzle conversion they seem to be hard on pistons, I would guess the spray angle and nozzle protrusion is not being matched when they are converted, so taking away the timing advance would probably not be a good idea.

I think I would rather keep the factory pump, then if you really need to jump up in fuel delivery switch to a cyclone.

I'm interested to know how the Bosch pump and injectors would effect drivability of a working Cat engine. I know the governor advance would be lost with the Bosch pump. And the cost of a complete Bosch conversion would probably out weigh benefits of the conversion. In all reality though if performance of the engine as a whole is improved and it is in for a rebuild why not?!

I do know the Cats I've seen with the Bosch conversion make some awesome power. Enough to put the hammer on a KTA.

I know the guy is a douche and a crook but I've heard Great Lakes made and adapter to keep the gov advance and use a Bosch pump.

I know the guy is a douche and a crook but I've heard Great Lakes made and adapter to keep the gov advance and use a Bosch pump.

Great Lakes Diesel isn't very far from me at all. When my father started playing with his B model they told him to do all of this crazy garbage. My father then asked a friend of his who is a Cat mechanic and he said the advice Great Lakes Diesel gave him was completely the opposite of what he really should do. I think Great Lakes Diesel told my dad to retard the timing!

Have you seen the price he wants for one of those motors? It is ridiculous!

Plus I heard they built some motors and couldn't keep them together. They kept launching rods out the sides.

finally figured out why our t600 with our C model cat ( PEEC ) kept dieing.. 1 bad engine timing motor and arm, and 1 bad engine speed sensor. 6 hours diagnosis time.. 8 hours to fix, and $1250 in parts from cat... brings the total to $3000.xx :nail::soap: so the ole man decided to fix it vs find the parts and make it mechanical..:doh: oh well it least it'll be fixed for however long again..

Great Lakes Diesel isn't very far from me at all. When my father started playing with his B model they told him to do all of this crazy garbage. My father then asked a friend of his who is a Cat mechanic and he said the advice Great Lakes Diesel gave him was completely the opposite of what he really should do. I think Great Lakes Diesel told my dad to retard the timing!

Plus I heard they built some motors and couldn't keep them together. They kept launching rods out the sides.

A friend of mine had a B built with great lakes parts, I'm not sure how much power it was but it was the most violent pulling truck I've ever been in. We went up a 7% at 114,200 at 45 mph passing 5 axles all the way up. It was awesome for about 250k until it came apart, the quote from the mechanic was "no salvageable parts" lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh I wouldn't buy 99% of his parts.

Oh I wouldn't buy 99% of his parts.

So I happened across a fresh rebuilt 855 Big Cam Cummins. It is out of a genset with 0 hours on the rebuild. Was told they dropped it in, fired it up and found out the generator was broken. Customer put a new generator in instead of fixing the generator. The motor is for sale, anyone wanna buy one? I am working on getting the rebuild paperwork from it. Make an offer. I am going to Effingham, IL in August and can deliver it for a small fee or free depending on the offer.

eju6agyq.jpg

10" pipes are WAY too much

Back