Truckers, lets see your rigs!

3408's, and KTA's are old school big power. That's big truck stuff.

That 60k honestly isn't way outta line.

48" standup unibilt, don't see many of these.

C19D454D-2E3B-471F-B172-A58B35AC3230_zps7q4v9opl.jpg

Pete I have sitting in my yard is a 48" unibilt. It doesn't have the ultra cab tho which would be nice.

So Mr.T, which truck did you end up picking up?

See next post :D

That dude's high if he thinks that truck is a 60K truck. Nice but not 60K nice. Other think, what is it with some of y'all and these 3408s? I can't speak one way or the other cuz I've never driven one but I just don't understand. To me, in my humble opinion, anything other than an inline when it comes to turbo diesels is just wrong.
I agree that his price is absurd, as for the v8's.....3408's are a stump pulling monster, I don't think even a good running C-16 could out pull a 3408, besides, have you ever heard a big cube V8 sing through a pair of 7's? Boner!!!!

Me and the wife drove down to salt lake city today to look at this yellow beast, and I'm taking her home on Monday. I'll explain further when I'm not sitting in SLC traffic.
6uja4ume.jpg

Pete I have sitting in my yard is a 48" unibilt. It doesn't have the ultra cab tho which would be nice.

This one is a 97 so no ultra cab, did they make the opening even larger on the ultra cab trucks?

See next post :D

I agree that his price is absurd, as for the v8's.....3408's are a stump pulling monster, I don't think even a good running C-16 could out pull a 3408, besides, have you ever heard a big cube V8 sing through a pair of 7's? Boner!!!!

While they do sound great and they pull okay, the half inch of stroke lost over a 3406 and the offset journals mean that they won't ever torque like an inline, and that's the reason they developed the C18 instead of doing the engineering to run overhead cams on the V8. They didn't even let them go long enough in the trucks to be able to offer them with the newer style direct injection setup, 600hp would be a generous estimate on the power of a turned up 3408 no way one of those will pull with a C16 that has had any sort of changes made to it.

I love an 08, but a C16 is a different kind of monster when it comes to pulling, even over an acert.

Me and the wife drove down to salt lake city today to look at this yellow beast, and I'm taking her home on Monday. I'll explain further when I'm not sitting in SLC traffic.
6uja4ume.jpg

I Do like that, love bright yellow, anything Bling worthy..

Need any more drivers ?

The C-16 I drove hauling equipment must have been sick then, because a turned up 3408 cleaned my clock pulling a pass one time pulling the same model lowboy with a similar load

I Do like that, love bright yellow, anything Bling worthy..

Need any more drivers ?

Maybe someday I'll need a driver or two, but I'm just going to live the part time owner/operator life until I've got steady work to do with her

The C-16 I drove hauling equipment must have been sick then, because a turned up 3408 cleaned my clock pulling a pass one time pulling the same model lowboy with a similar load

Most likely it had been flashed with a low nox file, it was basically denutted at that point, the worst thing you can do is let a dealer in the ECM these days cause it's almost for sure the will eff it up with the latest and greatest program.

That would make sense....it still ran decent, but that ol 3408 made it look like I had a 435 under the hood

This one is a 97 so no ultra cab, did they make the opening even larger on the ultra cab trucks?

I don't think the opening is any bigger with an ultra cab, just has a higher roofline on the cab. Mine doesn't have any overhead storage above the dash whereas the ultra cabs do.

Last edited:
That dude's high if he thinks that truck is a 60K truck. Nice but not 60K nice. Other think, what is it with some of y'all and these 3408s? I can't speak one way or the other cuz I've never driven one but I just don't understand. To me, in my humble opinion, anything other than an inline when it comes to turbo diesels is just wrong.

Friend has one. Even with a hot pump it never did over the high 500's on a dyno. Now it just moves trailers around the lot.

Alright, now that I'm home and not driving I can give details on the truck. Its an 82, engine has less than 70,000 miles on an inframe, trans is a high torque 13 speed, rears have less than 1000 miles on them and the power divider is also a locker. straight pipes, bumper, and visor are brand new, tires are brand new virgin steers and rears are new caps, has inside steels outside aluminums. Now for the bad.....it needs an AC condenser for it to work, whoever painted it did kind of a schitty job, hood looks great but the rest of it needs some work with a buffer/wet sanding to get it looking better. Interior is about a 7 out of 10, it needs carpet and new seats to finish it off and really make it look good, ALL the gauges work much to my surprise, sleeper is from an 86 so its got the two tone gray that doesn't match the black cab interior (which is no big deal).....all in all its a tinker project with a solid drivetrain that's ready to work and be fixed up just the way I want it as I go. I'm super excited to go down and get it.

No carpet... Hardwood floors and legacy lo seats.
That's my vote.

Back