Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I'm SERIOUSLY considering the hardwood floor deal. Definitely the legacy seats though, I love those

I love the darker distressed hardwood floors in a truck.
I've also seen the painted floors in a couple different styles that I like. My deal with that is unless it's strictly and over the road truck, I see it getting scratched easily.

Yeah that's why I'll probably just do a new carpet kit. While the head liner is out for putting the extra cab lights in I think I'll order a few rolls of dynamat and insulate as much of the cab and sleeper as I can

Carpet is a lot quieter than wood.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Agreed, you were also correct about doing the unibilt opening in the cab/sleeper. With the seat that's in it I'm really wanting to move it back a couple more inches.....but I can't. Haha

Go ahead, a QSK is just the newer version of the KT. However an electronic Cat will still eat it alive.

N14 era electronics sure don't help that any. I did see a high pressure common rail one as I was messing around on quickserve, they surely would have had to update the computer to make that work.

How long before someone rips the ECM and injectors out of a maxxforce 15 and starts trying to do something with that modern tech.

N14 era electronics sure don't help that any. I did see a high pressure common rail one as I was messing around on quickserve, they surely would have had to update the computer to make that work.

How long before someone rips the ECM and injectors out of a maxxforce 15 and starts trying to do something with that modern tech.
Already thought about buying the head off one and running a Bosch standalone.

That sucks they didn't match them to the cat injector cup, I wonder how off the spray pattern is since international designed the piston.

This one is supposedly common rail, injector is at least a foot long. I bet it would hold its own just fine

Maybe with the right ECM, however just saw a W9 last weekend that yanked a converted QSK with a P-Pump in favor of an electronic C16 and gained over 600hp and lost 2k lbs.

I loved Building the N14's, like a house sized engine, bit finnikey too, but, they do run nice when they run good

This one is supposedly common rail, injector is at least a foot long. I bet it would hold its own just fine

With no aftermarket for that engine, it would struggle to keep up with a stage 1 tuned acert. Those engines aren't torque monsters for their displacement, and it's still a shorter stroke than a 3406.

With no aftermarket for that engine, it would struggle to keep up with a stage 1 tuned acert. Those engines aren't torque monsters for their displacement, and it's still a shorter stroke than a 3406.

The 1150/KT/QSK is a square design, with bore and stroke being 6.25". The 14.6 3406 is 6.5" stroke with a much smaller bore, yes?

I'm not saying it'd be the best engine ever, but for a factory 19L motor to be 800hp rated impresses me. I've never had much experience with the big cummins, part of the reason they intrigue me.
We run 4 C-15s, a 3406E, and a 3406B and they have treated us well. The 3 C-15s in our ag equipment like to crack exhaust manifold studs and de-rate power on us though

The 1150/KT/QSK is a square design, with bore and stroke being 6.25". The 14.6 3406 is 6.5" stroke with a much smaller bore, yes?

I'm not saying it'd be the best engine ever, but for a factory 19L motor to be 800hp rated impresses me. I've never had much experience with the big cummins, part of the reason they intrigue me.
We run 4 C-15s, a 3406E, and a 3406B and they have treated us well. The 3 C-15s in our ag equipment like to crack exhaust manifold studs and de-rate power on us though

yeah the 15's are notorious for that, and then the Accets are notorious for killin the Primary and start pressurizing the CC through the oil return line.. thats a fun one to Diag ..:umno:

A tuned acert is one bad biitch though.....even with its numerous quirks......the only trouble mine had was with the IVA's

Jfaulkner can answer this better than me, but I think the new tunes are capable of disabling them with out changing to an older ECM and matching parts.

Its gonna be awhile before I own a truck with an electronic engine, I'll worry about juicing up my BCIII a little haha

Cat rates marine c15's to 850. The k/qsk is crazy expensive to work on, sucked fuel and had counter bore issues, or at least the k's did.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm working on talking the old man into buying that 379 that is in pieces, it needs an engine but the price is right and we have a truck that really isn't road worthy anymore but has a good engine. The freightliner classic just isn't the best farm truck with the condo sleeper.

I need to get my A model finished up, I'd really like to find a new style 13spd to put in it, that would actually get it to the point that it would be okay to run out on the interstate.

Back