Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Everyone tells me I need to put flat cut stacks with flappers on my KW. They say "it's old school, I'd be cool!" I don't think I could listen to them clanging all the time!

Mr. T, that has a 400 BC. In it correct? Does it have Jakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah its got Jakes. But I think there's an electronic issue or maybe a bad solenoid because its not hitting on all six all the time, these stacks have mufflers in the spool so its fairly mellow

Yeah its got Jakes. But I think there's an electronic issue or maybe a bad solenoid because its not hitting on all six all the time, these stacks have mufflers in the spool so its fairly mellow

It could also be the rubber o-ring between the Jake box and the rocker box, or they could just be out of adjustment.

Before I adjusted mine this spring they would work from time to time and weren't very strong. But after I got them adjusted properly and new o-rings in the Jake boxes they are pretty loud and pretty strong. Like I said before bob tailing I only have to use the brakes to come to a complete stop.

Yeah my first priority is running an overhead on it, the more I dig into this truck the more little things I'm finding wrong, so I'm headed to a local truck salvage yard today to blow a ton of money haha. My headlights don't work, but they will come on if I run a jumper to the headlight wire under the hood. I've replaced the dash switch and that didn't change anything, so my next step is to replace the dimmer switch on the floor. The chicken light wiring is a total mess, I've got the air horns mounted under the cab that need lines plumbed, I've got switches and indicator lights that I have no idea what their purpose is, I need an AC condenser and a blower motor, and that's just getting me started

I'm not pissed about it though, I bought a 32 year old truck for 13,000 dollars, what do you expect right? Haha

Wish I was able to be helpful .. I love these kinda projects, Its rewarding to be able to drive and know that it's all done !!!

Make sure the hood is grounded, sometimes you get rust in the hinges and the headlights lose their ground path.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Make sure the hood is grounded, sometimes you get rust in the hinges and the headlights lose their ground path.

Wouldn't that keep them from working at all? I can get them to come on with a jumper

Wish I was able to be helpful .. I love these kinda projects, Its rewarding to be able to drive and know that it's all done !!!
Clark fork is right on the border of Idaho/Montana east of kootenai right? You're only 5 hours away, get down here. Hah

A jumper in the dash or on the hood?

Under the hood, I pulled a hot wire off the battery and ran it to where the headlight harness unplugs right out of the floor switch

I lost mine one night and when I'd power them under the hood they'd come on but the turn signals would light up too (grounding back). If nothing else is coming on its probably not a ground but it might not hurt to run a quick ground jumper to check.

I'm not pissed about it though, I bought a 32 year old truck for 13,000 dollars, what do you expect right? Haha

I paid $7k for a 9 year old truck with unknown history and put 4500 miles on it before I changed the oil. That's what I expect. LoL

Clark fork is right on the border of Idaho/Montana east of kootenai right? You're only 5 hours away, get down here. Hah

Yeah but I'm livin in Tacom awith my kid for a bit ... cant wait to get home again, things here are looking bleek, and I HATE city life!!!!
maybe aftr surgery on my shoulder I can go back to the farm !!

I paid $7k for a 9 year old truck with unknown history and put 4500 miles on it before I changed the oil. That's what I expect. LoL
None of this stuff NEEDS fixed, hell its already made me 2000 dollars and I don't even have license plates for it yet haha.

Back