Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I figured you would chris. LoL.

Not surprised to see the engine apart either...That truck came from our other store, and it had a few drivers in it. One of them stopped in Vegas a few years ago, and got the CAT dealer to tune it as far as they could...and it would really run after that. Our 525 C15, and 550 Acert wouldn't touch it until the Acert got deleted. But it got ran way too hard to be tuned like that.

Other than that, it was always a pretty decent truck...just needs a lot of cleanup and TLC the last I saw it. And the god awful stripes and decals taken off.

Chris

I think all they can do for cat tunes is 625 depending on what engine and HP rating you're starting with.

Got my shirt in last week... I'm in love.
a7ysa8a5.jpg

You are? It has an A model on it!

I've never stated I'm a brand specific guy. I like a lot of different trucks, I just have a soft spot for peterbilts.
I dig most all of the older trucks. A's, 359's, k100's, 352's, 362's, etc etc. I love old school class mixed with a little bit of new touch.

Not surprised to see the engine apart either...That truck came from our other store, and it had a few drivers in it. One of them stopped in Vegas a few years ago, and got the CAT dealer to tune it as far as they could...and it would really run after that. Our 525 C15, and 550 Acert wouldn't touch it until the Acert got deleted. But it got ran way too hard to be tuned like that.

Other than that, it was always a pretty decent truck...just needs a lot of cleanup and TLC the last I saw it. And the god awful stripes and decals taken off.

Chris

As soon as I get hold of a good heat gun those decals are coming off of the hood, I'd like to say it might get painted but that will be quite a ways down the line. I'm sure it was a pretty truck before the Deere dealer painted it.

If the driver had shut it down when the turbo popped it would have gotten by with a new turbo, but from the looks of things it was ran completely out of oil and junked the engine. A few of the rods are blue on the big end.

E6582E0F-46B5-4D92-8353-F7C5BDE7890F_zps4cptatck.jpg

As soon as I get hold of a good heat gun those decals are coming off of the hood, I'd like to say it might get painted but that will be quite a ways down the line. I'm sure it was a pretty truck before the Deere dealer painted it.

If the driver had shut it down when the turbo popped it would have gotten by with a new turbo, but from the looks of things it was ran completely out of oil and junked the engine. A few of the rods are blue on the big end.

E6582E0F-46B5-4D92-8353-F7C5BDE7890F_zps4cptatck.jpg
It's been a full time job setting every truck one guy owns to shutdown. Drivers are too stupid to know what all the lights and beeping are. He's junked two motors to the tune of $30k each (one with a fresh platinum overhaul) because the drivers ran them out of water. Re-pinning his harnesses to include water level sensors now. One guy drove it 60mi after the bottom hose split, only stopped because he complained his heater quit, injectors were blue when they came out. :bang

It's been a full time job setting every truck one guy owns to shutdown. Drivers are too stupid to know what all the lights and beeping are. He's junked two motors to the tune of $30k each (one with a fresh platinum overhaul) because the drivers ran them out of water. Re-pinning his harnesses to include water level sensors now. One guy drove it 60mi after the bottom hose split, only stopped because he complained his heater quit, injectors were blue when they came out. :bang

OMW !!!! I know that feeling .. We had a L10 in a bus that nearly melted every piston, and cracked the head, it was a mess, the block was not usable after that point, we asked why, I guess it cracked the block, was found by the MAG machine opperator .. nearly 28K just for a long blocck that was fresh .. Not a good situation, but in the drivers defence, all the stuff was hacked by the previous owner and it was raining out side when the lower hose blew up, no way toknow when nothing worked !!! :bang

You guys have seen some fancy faulted. Best one I saw was an m11 that broke every valve spring. We never found out how

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch. I'm glad my drivers are cautious. They call constantly when something isn't right, almost to the point of being annoying.

Chris

We now have everything working in our buses .. I have spen 300 hrs making sure of it in the past 2 years, been ruff on the boss's pocket but he understands the worth of it all ..

I found a bunch of goodies in the sleeper, including some super nifty flappers......
6uvudupa.jpg

..........and I put them on lol, I doubt I'll leave them, they rattle way too much
ynameve5.jpg

Had to oral sum cole too
be5u4y8y.jpg

Everyone tells me I need to put flat cut stacks with flappers on my KW. They say "it's old school, I'd be cool!" I don't think I could listen to them clanging all the time!

Mr. T, that has a 400 BC. In it correct? Does it have Jakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jakes on my small cam are loud with one 5" straight pipe. I love the sound of them. I use them all the time bob tailing around, I hardly have to ever use the brakes.

The jakes on this are the loudest I've been around and it has a muffler of sorts.
mu7avy8y.jpg

It looks like the stacks are about 2' above the cab, I bet its loud as he$$ in there.

It looks like the stacks are about 2' above the cab, I bet its loud as he$$ in there.

It's not just loud inside... You can hear that thing a mile away. I put the guys on this milling job through hell. They hated me but I didn't really care. They tore the hell outta my dump truck so I saw it only as fair.

Back