Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Some dude is telling me my truck has a 379 sleeper because I don't have a full door on the passenger side but I do on the driver side of my sleeper.....I think he's FOS.......last I checked, Pete would put the door any damn place you wanted it.
ry7aqy8a.jpg

egehepeb.jpg

I've never seen a 359 bunk without the man door in the pass side, not saying they didn't make one. Do you have any pics of the inside?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I also think that would be a non unibilt bunk off a 379. Have you ran the numbers off that truck through Peterbilt to see exactly how it was spec'd factory?

I've never seen a 359 bunk without the man door in the pass side, not saying they didn't make one. Do you have any pics of the inside?

Not handy, I'll get some when I get home......but, it looks exactly like the inside of every other 359 sleeper I've seen
I also think that would be a non unibilt bunk off a 379. Have you ran the numbers off that truck through Peterbilt to see exactly how it was spec'd factory?
I plan on doing that when I get home.

Not handy, I'll get some when I get home......but, it looks exactly like the inside of every other 359 sleeper I've seen

I plan on doing that when I get home.

Vin number should be stamped on the back driver side bottom of the sleeper.

The donor truck has already went under the knife, gonna have to change a few things on the engine before it gets dropped in the Pete.

Gonna use the international cutoff to stretch the other K100 and update it with the metric 10 speed out of the donor truck as well.

Alright guys... And Taylor since you know the story already, make sure you chime in on what I forget.
I need some advice from people in the industry.

I'm thinking very hard on leaving my current place to go drive for someone else. I'll be going to pulling a hopper bottom.
Pays 25%, excellent broker, nice trucks, and seems like a very nice guy as long as your not retarded (which I think I'm not but...)

My biggest issues with the current place is the year round work issue, things have changed since I started here...
For instance,
My truck has issues and we've fixed a lot of them. However it still has some but instead of fixing them we are still buying trucks and things are started to get pieces together and such.
The guy who actually owns my truck runs this company as far as which trucks go where, mechanic work, and has another full time job as well. (Complicated)
He has become kinda hard to deal with because he is under so much stress. I like the guy a lot and he has helped me a ton but...

I'd like to be in a truly nice truck, and I'd like to be able to count on my work year round. I also get a little frustrated (not sure if that's the right word) at going in little circles all day long. I don't plan on ever going over the road but at the same time if I'm gonna be in a truck like I enjoy, I'd like to at least leave the same town from day to day. The new job allows me to still be home daily (night not be 100% legal) but I'd be home none the less.

A couple small issues I have which the new potential employer is fully aware of, I've never filled out a log book in my life, I know nothing about hopper bottom stuff, and I've never been "as over the road" as that would be. I know nothing about that stuff honestly all bull crap aside. ( scale houses, log books, etc etc)

Any advice, hindsight, help yada yada would be appreciated.

I'd never done a logbook in my life either and I got thrown in a truck and told to head for Utah when I started my OTR career.....logbooks look hard but they're really not, neatness and legibility go a LONG way with DOT cops, I can't even tell you how many burning logbooks I've handed to a cop only to have them just flip through and give it back because it was neat and organized.
1:use a ruler.

2: use a black fine point pen dedicated for your logbook ONLY, because multiple colors of ink on several different pages looks like ass and will raise a flag.

3:Be polite, answer questions, but volunteer no extra information.

When you're rolling across a scale, wave at the Weighmaster even if you can't see them, that takes their focus off of the readout and you're much more likely to get through if you're a little heavy, but mostly its being polite.....(really, it is ?)

But if you never listen to another word I say, listen to this bit. When you're just starting out, learn how to run a book LEGALLY and get good at it that way before you start trying logbook shenanigans......otherwise its almost a guarantee you'll get busted, DOT cops aren't (usually) stupid, and most of them know when something stinks with a book and they have no problem sitting down a the computer to figure it out.

Last edited:
I'll think of more when its not 2:30am and I'm well on my way to pulling an all nighter haha

See... Told you that you were cool. Thanks.
So essentially your saying that the log book should not bother me about switching?

I'm sure you're a bright boy Richard. You'll be able to pick up on the basics in short order and the rest will fall into place. And if you're not sure don't hesitate to call somebody. A couple second phone call is priceless if it saves you a DOT violation.

Last edited:
Don't let log books or scales bother you, the odds of being inspected when you roll across is less than going by a roadside inspector. Like T said being polite and keeping a clean book goes a long way. IIRC I think we average around 1 inspection for 100,000 miles travelled, and I would say 70% of the inspections we get are just paperwork and walk around. As far as the hopper freight goes, I have no personal knowledge but I have a couple friends that always complained about waiting in line to dump.

That's the worst part of hopperin' during harvest, the damn wait time.

Well I appreciate all the input.
The broker does a lot of sand and what not as well, but obviously does harvest stuff. I'm used to waiting though since I've hauled a lot of asphalt.