Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Just about the right height, exhaust is mostly finished minus a few clamps, air ride is all buttoned up as well.

E6D636DB-EE1F-4E66-8DA2-289BC352ED63_zpszhhticdq.jpg

1FA40507-765E-4ECF-98FC-00B461A10F1F_zpsrcpezjci.jpg

1D45C2C0-E99A-4443-84CD-4BF8B72C61D0_zpsme1uhgec.jpg

Not gonna be too loud with it that short?

Leiffi, since your from Europe how much do you know about the MTU's? Was at a fishing tournament this past week and a 58' Viking had twin 2000hp MTU's in it, they sounded fantastic, but the owner didn't know much about them

I used to work for the dealer here in Alberta. MTUs are awesome. MBEs are garbage. They're not the same manufacturer. Which engines are they exactly? 4000 series or 2000 series. Both versions are used in oilfield and mining here.

Found this document on used cat engines. Might be useful to some of you
Can't post it from my phone...........

Did you put air ride on the cab?

No, although cab mate does make one, but I'm not sure how that would work real well with the cab mounted stacks.

I redid the suspension plumbing, what used to be all the old 1/4" braided line is now all 3/8", it is also routed a little differently now.

I had a couple MTU's in ND and they were some pumping MFers. That is when they didn't trash the fluid end.....

I used to work for the dealer here in Alberta. MTUs are awesome. MBEs are garbage. They're not the same manufacturer. Which engines are they exactly? 4000 series or 2000 series. Both versions are used in oilfield and mining here.

I'm not sure what series they were, like I said the owner took it somewhere said I want this much hp in a 58' boat and wrote a check lol

Not gonna be too loud with it that short?

Shouldn't be too awful hateful, I have quite a few bends getting it routed from the engine to the Y pipe. I'm sure it will have one certain rpm that will try and rattle your teeth out.

Here is a short walk around at an idle.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77qX5PjkxwI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77qX5PjkxwI[/ame]

I don't think it will be any worse than the single 7" that is on my cabover, that thing just gets noisy at certain rpms in the cab.

Last edited:
No, although cab mate does make one, but I'm not sure how that would work real well with the cab mounted stacks.

I redid the suspension plumbing, what used to be all the old 1/4" braided line is now all 3/8", it is also routed a little differently now.

Guy I know had a W900a with a 3408 with a cab mate on it. He had 6" stacks mounted to the cab. The bottom bracket was mounted solid to the frame and the top had a piece of rubber material between the stack and the cab mount.

That's the way they are normally, but they changed that setup when they went to the factory air ride.

Prolly gonna drag the cabover around on a trailer to seat the rings in, then it's going to get hooked to a sled at the home town fair. We will see if the kitty cat can keep up with the old big cam.

Prolly gonna drag the cabover around on a trailer to seat the rings in, then it's going to get hooked to a sled at the home town fair. We will see if the kitty cat can keep up with the old big cam.

If you want dyno time let me know, but pulling a load works just the same

You think someone would throw a fit about rolling a truck with a yellow engine on the dyno at cummins?

You think someone would throw a fit about rolling a truck with a yellow engine on the dyno at cummins?

When I worked at Cummins Power Systems we used to dyno anything anyone brought us, including "health checks" for aftermarket warranty companies on everything known to man