Truckers, lets see your rigs!

When I worked at Cummins Power Systems we used to dyno anything anyone brought us, including "health checks" for aftermarket warranty companies on everything known to man

Where did you work ?

Prolly gonna drag the cabover around on a trailer to seat the rings in, then it's going to get hooked to a sled at the home town fair. We will see if the kitty cat can keep up with the old big cam.

Highland County? Do you have info on the pull or a link? I looked but couldn't find any info about the pull specifically.

Does anyone know anything about the E6 or E7 Mack engines. I know there small cube inline 6 cylinders and will make a lot of power. And, IIRC the E6 is a 12 valve cylinder head and the E7 is a 24 valve cylinder head. And I know the run a Bosch fuel system.

I guess what I'm asking is are there any serial numbers that are better than the next?

I used to work for the dealer here in Alberta. MTUs are awesome. MBEs are garbage. They're not the same manufacturer. Which engines are they exactly? 4000 series or 2000 series. Both versions are used in oilfield and mining here.

Might be awesome if you don't know any better. They never make advertised power and leak coolant right from the factory, factory repair is big can of Holts. MTU is Mercedes like MBE, Mercedes never knew how to make good heavy Diesel engines.

Are we talking about the same engine.

MBE 4000 in a truck. Yes are horrible for coolant leaks at the plug between the heads. They are trash IMO.

A 16v4000 MTU is a good engine. At 2250hp in oilfield spec they are solid performers on frac trailers. In 930e Komatsu heavy haulers and power gen.

Highland County? Do you have info on the pull or a link? I looked but couldn't find any info about the pull specifically.

I will see what I can find, I know pickups are Sunday evening before Labor Day, and then the regular pulls are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

The best night is Friday in my opinion, it's nice to watch the outlaw pro stock class, they put on a hell of a show last year.

MBE 4000 in a truck. Yes are horrible for coolant leaks at the plug between the heads. They are trash IMO.

A 16v4000 MTU is a good engine. At 2250hp in oilfield spec they are solid performers on frac trailers. In 930e Komatsu heavy haulers and power gen.

I don't know which model they are talking about. One guy is operating some boats, another spend his whole life before pension dynoing marine and military engines. They both say MTUs are crap. The guy with boats say Caterpillars are even worse.

Is it very usual US trailers to have 8 bolt axles ? The one in the picture has 2 axles 8 bolt and last one 10 bolt. Last one is added later, maybe before it was exported to Russia.

Attachments

• Scania Great Dane.jpg
    Scania Great Dane.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
They aren't very common but they did use 8 lug wheels from time to time, there are even some drive axles out there that use them.

A friend got lucky and found 4 aluminums for his truck, but other than that truck nothing else close uses them.

What are the ratings at? I just know from what the owner said he wrote the check for is they were both rated at 2000hp and when he cranked them up to get moving they sounded damn good out of the back of that Viking

I don't know which model they are talking about. One guy is operating some boats, another spend his whole life before pension dynoing marine and military engines. They both say MTUs are crap. The guy with boats say Caterpillars are even worse.

I'm speaking from personal experience as a dealer HD mechanic. I've rebuilt an dynoed them all too. I will continue to disagree with you about MTUs. But I definately won't argue with you about it.