Truckers, lets see your rigs!

null_zps51282793.jpg

null_zpsa1f9cd7d.jpg

null_zps5b367289.jpg

I think a two stroke trumps any series 60 or anything else on the road.

My dad's C12 has a crack in the front gear housing. Marks its territory everywhere. Adjusting the clutch makes you look like you crawled out of the oil pan. Would fix it but it's a major deal on one of those since the cam gear doesn't come off so you have to pull the cam out.

I won't ever buy another truck that had one in it, there was built up oil on the rear air tanks that sit inside the fuel tanks.

My dad's C12 has a crack in the front gear housing. Marks its territory everywhere. Adjusting the clutch makes you look like you crawled out of the oil pan. Would fix it but it's a major deal on one of those since the cam gear doesn't come off so you have to pull the cam out.
Might as well take it apart before one of the cam followers tries to cut the cam in half.

This may be an ignorant question... Bare with me.
If going to big trim codes, do you need to do cut out tests to balance or no?

If you knew what current trim codes were in it some one could do the figuring and give you the right numbers to take them all up the same amount to keep it balanced, as soon as you change them all to the same code they are what they are.

If you knew what current trim codes were in it some one could do the figuring and give you the right numbers to take them all up the same amount to keep it balanced, as soon as you change them all to the same code they are what they are.

I don't know the numbers yet. Boss man said that he was told someone had already changed them. More little annoying things are showing up though. Cruise decided to take a chit on the way across kentucky this morning. Not to trace that down.

Had to fix mine awhile back, change the set/resume switch first, that's what mine was

I don't know the numbers yet. Boss man said that he was told someone had already changed them. More little annoying things are showing up though. Cruise decided to take a chit on the way across kentucky this morning. Not to trace that down.

When you have the covers off looking at the jake wiring write down the four digit code on the plunger of each injector and keep track of which hole that is, at least I think they are still there.

Boy the list is getting longer... Now my speedo is about 15-20 mph faster than I'm actually going.

Don't mean to kick you when you are down, but it's a peterbilt, you surely didn't expect to be the one that didn't have any electrical issues. :poke:

Just took the N14 ECU off our toterhome in to my friend and he bench harnessed it. Went from 370/1450 to the max allowable CPL setting of 460/1650... Anyone know what the next step for more power is on a N14? Cam and Injectors, just injectors??

Thanks for any input or help.

Just took the N14 ECU off our toterhome in to my friend and he bench harnessed it. Went from 370/1450 to the max allowable CPL setting of 460/1650... Anyone know what the next step for more power is on a N14? Cam and Injectors, just injectors??

Remove n14, install cat.

There's way more left with just tuning. You can get more HP with stock injectors than the mains will like with just a hotter ECM.

There's way more left with just tuning. You can get more HP with stock injectors than the mains will like with just a hotter ECM.

Who's ecm? Or who's tuning? That was highest Cummins fleet cal for that CPL.... How much $? How much power can a N14 handle? We had a 855 in our last truck with a double overdrive 13 speed I flipped gears and installed, we hit 102 mph before deciding the 1983 362 cab over probably shouldn't go any faster, lol. I dual fed the head with larger fuel lines and installed a larger gear pump and had a "00" button in the pump, it ran pretty damn good for a Big Cam....

Who's ecm? Or who's tuning? That was highest Cummins fleet cal for that CPL.... How much $? How much power can a N14 handle? We had a 855 in our last truck with a double overdrive 13 speed I flipped gears and installed, we hit 102 mph before deciding the 1983 362 cab over probably shouldn't go any faster, lol. I dual fed the head with larger fuel lines and installed a larger gear pump and had a "00" button in the pump, it ran pretty damn good for a Big Cam....
What year is it? Celect or Celect+? PM me engine serial if you can.